main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mining Guild in ESB, Commerce Guild in AOTC

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by openmind, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Leia mentions about the mining guild to Lando. Lando says that his mining colony is not in the jurisdiction of the Empire, because of its size.

Now, I am wondering whether this mining guild is in anyway related to the Commerce Guild of AOTC?

2. Emperor_Windy

Emperor_Windy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Possible, however doubtful

A commerce guild would be very broad based in commerce as a whole, not just in mining...Unless they were shrunk in between

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Not all guilds are congruent to each other. It is most likely that they are not the same.

-Seldon

4. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I just checked up on this, (which I should have in the first place), but there was a clarification found in TFN as follows:

MINING GUILD

The Mining Guild became embroiled in the events leading to the Clone Wars when disgruntled Bogden Moon spice miners were seen to be behind the attacks on Senator Amidala of the Naboo. During the rule of the Empire, Darth Vader used the Mining Guild?s influence to get Lando Calrissian to hand over members of the Rebel Alliance on Cloud City, Bespin.

Unquote

Whether official, Im not sure yet. But interesting nonetheless. Well to me anyway.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well that is interesting that they were able to survive that long and be big enough to span across the galaxy. It seems the Empire was good to them.

Thanks for the information
    Seldon

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    If my memory serves me right, the Mining Guild was also commented on in passing reference to it joining the Confederacy of Independent Systems in the original Attack of the Clones leaked script. [face_thinking]

Even so, these guilds serve varying purposes. While the Mining Guild was probably established as a means of a union, if you will, or perhaps for simple monopolization purposes. ;)

The Commerce Guild, however, probably arose from the need to organize the operation of intergalactic banks into a collective organization for easing the woes of having a multitude of financial branches being seperate. :)

<[-]> Saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.