main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Minnesota Force Episode 2 Viewing information

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Doright, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Ok the other thread was getting full of some stuff and I wanted to split it up a bit since we have a couple of different things in the works. Wahoo is going to start his own thread to provide information on his IGH line up. Here we will keep you up to date on what the Minnesota Fanforce plans will be. Who knows maybe if things don't work out those plans will merge.

At this time it there is still no official word on Viewings or ticket sell dates. This is just a listing of our tentative plans and backups.

The first choice of a large number of our members is to join TK171 and the fighting 501st at the Mall of America and Planet Hollywood. Some of us just want to see the movie with a squad of Stormtroopers. How cool is that? Some us are members of the Rebel Legion, the 501st's sister group and are also planning on going in costume, Jedi mostly. Vader2000 is actually a member of the 501st and will be there with the troopers in his full Vaderness. So that is the top of our list for the "Official" Minnesota Force plans. We are also working a back up plan with Mann theaters and Jfren will post in this thread any updates he has with that. (hint hint)

As a third option Wahoo has offered to let our members join his group. You can get updates on that through the thread he will be starting. It may not be the "official" Minnesota Fanforce event but it still sounds like a lot of fun.

So there it is. When we get more information from the 501st or Jfren we will post it here. For those interested in IGH check the thread Wahoo will be starting.
    If any one has any questions or information post it or PM me. Thanks

This is going to be so cool. :D

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I just want to say that I don't much care where I see my first viewing of AOTC. I originally wanted to see it at MOA because I figured that would be it would be "the" place to be. It isn't *that* important to me that I see it in the best theater, with the best sound for my first showing. I can always do that later. ;) I'm not so gung-ho on the mall anymore though. The not being able to camp that last night is really a downer, IMHO. :(

But anyway... I'll go wherever the majority of the group goes. :) Oh, and good news for me... I *don't* have class on the 15th. I had figured it wouldn't be a problem as I'm done by noon, but I checked just now and there isn't even a class to go to. Wahoo! :D

~*~Bria

3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I am very flexible and will see it where ever we decide to go as a group. I don't mind commuting either - for AOTC I will make anything work!

Wow... it's really getting close! I'm getting goosebumps!

4. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Goosebumps? With all this up in the air I am getting butterflies and I feel sick. I wish LFL would get off their duff.

But lets just assume they will have Midnight showings. MOA did have a Midnight show for EP1 and LOTR right? I think it would be safe to assume they will have one for EP2 as well. I think it is a safe bet Joe can get something worked out for us.

My only concern is this.. Jfren did make contact with someone who owns a theater while we were checking out backup plans.... The problem will be what do we do if they both come through? I honestly am not sure about that. I guess it is something we will decide once we have more information. With such a vacuum of useful information it is hard to make a good decision.

Bria, TK171 was working on something to try and get us in the Mall for the night before if that is what you mean by camping the "last night". That was way back when we first started this thing so I do not know if that is still a possibility.

5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Both options sound good to me! I'd be excited to do either. I guess if we had to choose we could do some sort of vote (not on the boards so we could have some control over it) and go with majority interest.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end! But I'm disappointed with how LFL is handling it. Hopefully more information will be available soon!

6. JediGseif

JediGseif Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I remember when TPM was released, I ended up going to the MOA at like 10-11pm, the night before tickets were to go on sale. My intention was to stay in my car, until they opened the doors the next day for business. I wasn't even allowed to stay in my car for "Security" reasons. With everything that's happened on 9/11, I wouldn't count on MOA allowing anyone to spend the night there.

7. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    I'll have more info on the Mann option (hopefully) by the end of the week.

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    There is the parking lot across the street. That would be a comfy place to park. :)

9. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    *bump*

10. MaraInsanity

MaraInsanity Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    Doright, not sure if you were talking about the lot across the way from the MoA or somewhere else, but if so I tried that trick for Ep I myself to no avail. Around 3 or 4 A.M. I was shooed out of that lot by mall security despite being the only car there. It was such a good plan too *sigh* Anyway, the MoA is definitely unreliable as far as camping out of any kind goes, which is why I don't like it so much. But I too am open to anywhere the group decides to go ^_^

11. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I vote to hide in the bathrooms when the mall closes, and then run around with our lightsabers avoiding mall security all night .... mwahahahaha ;)

(hey, it would be a fun adventure)

12. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    If you do that I'm in.

13. JediGseif

Mar 18, 2002
    When I was waiting in line to buy tickets for TPM at the MOA, a couple of guy's (I can't remember if it was 2 or 3) hid in the trees etc at Camp Snoopy to be the first in line. True story, and they had people to back the story up. I'm not sure how they did it, but I remember thinking at the time, now THAT'S dedication. Anyone else in line that day, who remembers this story as well?

14. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Trees! Great idea! :D

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    :eek: I've never heard that, but I like the idea. [face_mischief]

I think acting like a monkey could be fun. :D

~*~Bria

16. MaraInsanity

MaraInsanity Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    Bwahaha, I heard about them too while I was waiting in line! [face_laugh] Although I also heard rumors of people hiding in various trash cans and secret back hallways and walls, but I think some of that might have been exaggerated. ;) My thought is that they'll have the trees staked out this time, given the boasting nature of those who foolishly revealed the location of the secret rebel base. Perhaps hiding in the plastic ball bin would be better? Snorkeling in the big Snoopy water dish? Ninja Jedi hiding in the ceiling panels and ventilation ducts? Hmmmmm....

17. Ferazel

Ferazel Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Well if they start checking the trees and the trashcans we can always hide under the bridge. ;) Otherwise I'm sure they can arrest you for tresspassing if they catch you no matter how "good" your intentions might be. I'm sorry but I don't know if I want to go to a court and get "community service" for a star wars movie.... okay just maybe. ;)

18. jedi7401

jedi7401 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2001
    Hehe. I can imagine a bunch of monkey-people hiding in the trees @ Camp Snoopy. Weird, but funny.

I don't think I'm going to go to MOA for the first showing. If they're allowing advance tickets, I'm going to Wynnsong with a few fellow SW crazies. *crosses fingers* May the Force be with us. I hope no one gets kicked out of anywhere.

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I say we do it! [face_mischief]

Hey hey we're the monkees
    And people say we monkey around
    But we're too busy hiding
    To put anybody down

:D

~*~Bria

20. JediGseif

Mar 18, 2002
    I thought I'd let everyone know that I went and saw "The Rookie" (good movie by the way) at the new Mann theater in Champlin. For those who are interested in seeing AOTC there, it's a nice theater. I talked to the ticketer to find out which were their largest screens, so I could evaluate them. It's obviously a stadium theater, but the seats weren't the most comfortable, in comparison with other stadium theaters. That is the ONLY complaint I have. The screen is HUGE. I'm not convinced it's as large as Wynnsong's main screen, but it's definitely larger than Showplace, or MOA's!! It's also NOT THX, but it had a VERY nice, clean, crisp sound system. I was pretty impressed by it. That's saying a lot, because I haven't been a fan of the Mann's attempts at stadium theaters in the past. I went in with a "show me" attitude, and came out convinced. If jfren484's contact comes through, I suggest choosing the Champlin theater over MOA.

With the above having been said, I, however, still plan on seeing it at Wynnsong. Say, Jedi7401, we should meet up there when it's time to buy tickets. :D Anyone who is interested in seeing AOTC for the first time in the theater with, what I have to believe is THE largest screen in the Twin Cities, AND in THX, should ABSOLUTELY join those of us who are seeing it at Wynnsong. You have to see the theater, to know and appreciate what I'm talking about. Sure the media will pay more attention to IGH Showplace 16 and MOA, but Wynnsong is where it's at for quality presentation. My opinion anyway :D

21. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I saw LOTR on the BIG screen at the new Mann theater out in Maple Grove and I was very happy.

As for theater preference for AOTC - Yes, the Mann would be a superior theater to see it in, but I think most of us are playing "Follow the Stormtrooper" as far as that goes, and right now they're leaning towards MOA.

So everyone start practicing your ninja skills. ;)

22. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd be happy to see it in every theater in the Twin Cities. I want to see it first with the MN Force, even if it's Doright's basement.

23. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Doright, do you screen all first-run blockbuster movies in your basement? Or just Star Wars? I need that kind of deal for my basement. Actually, I'd need a basement first ...

24. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    **NOTE: This is not intended to insult anyone or their decision. It is merely food for thought.**

I have a question. It's directed to everyone who doesn't intend to see the first showing of AOTC with the MNForce group.

My question is why? Why don't want to see the first viewing with the rest of us? I, personally, hate the MOA theaters, for various reasons I have posted about in the past. Yet, if that's where the group ends up going to see AOTC, then I will gladly go there. And I go because the experience of seeing a brand new Star Wars movie with fellow fans and friends far outweighs trivial things such as theater quality or driving distance.

We are members of this message board because we all share one common love and that is Star Wars. We are here because we have sought out others like ourselves who share the same interests. If there is one time we should all come together, it should be for this movie.

25. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    The Vader-dude speaks the truth! Very well said. :)

There's gonna be MONTHS to see the movie anywhere you like. There's only one opening night. Personally, the crowd is a much more memorable aspect of viewing a movie than a sound system or a screen size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.