main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Minnesota Force Episode 2 Viewing information

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Doright, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Ok. :)

Is there significance to the May 25th date? Just curious.

EDIT: Sure, not that my message is posted you give the reason. :p

That sounds fine to me. Assuming I get the job I applied for (I *still* don't know for sure :mad:) I will try and get that off. :)

~*~Bria

2. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes it is a Saturday, It is after the 16th. It is a holiday weekend when people are usually off. It is still early enough that the films will not be in bad shape in the theater. Ep2 will still be playing on the big screens. Also it's not in June when we are trying to work out a book club date.

3. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm interested in the May 25th viewing, but we're going up to Brainerd one of those weekends for my father-in-law's retirement party, and I don't remember which. I'll let you know later.

4. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Yes, I am interested in a May 25th viewing. I am interested in a viewing pretty much whenever. I saw TPM around 20 times, so I want to see AOTC around the same number, if not more. :D

5. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Doright: We can pick the theater meeting all the sound and seating requirements of the most picky in our group.

Why do I have a feeling this comment is aimed at me? :D

Like Vader, I'm going to see AoTC many, many times in theaters, so I'm game for as many showings as people want to see.

6. JediGseif

JediGseif Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Solacious Crummy, Doright's comment could have been aimed at me as well. I've been somewhat vocal about where I've wanted to see it. ;)

Memorial weekend is usually pretty busy at Best Buy, so I'll probably have to work that weekend. If I don't, I'm DEFINITELY going to go with you guy's! That is, if you pick the correct theater. :D ;)

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I can't on the 25th, bridal shower.

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    :cool:

We can plan it around the work stuff and what ever..

I would also be open to the Sunday of that weekend if more people would be able to meet then. :D What ever works. Time of day or either day. all would work for me. I have that weekend off. :D

That would be the sunday the 26th. .

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This thread is for providing information on the Minnesota Force's viewing of AotC. We are planning on working with our local Rebel Legion and 501st. MN Force has decided to wait on theater location until after announcements are made on midnight viewing. Discussion on the IGH line/theater, should be in that thread.

10. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Well as you know Bobafemme and I will be gone this weekend. Jfren will still be on the case and will post here any information he gets over the weekend. Remember we are ready. We are just staying flexible due to the lack of information from the theaters.

11. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    err..nevermind..nothing to look at here..my mistake. I saw a post from Vader 2000 on page 1 asking why people would not view Star Wars with this group. For some reason I thought that was the most recent post. I'm not sure what drugs I'm on. :) Anyway this was my response to him but now I see it clearly does not fit into the current conversation. So nevermind. Sorry.

12. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    It has nothing to do with where someone 'in charge' lives. Doright is far south, I'm in the city and have to do a map quest check to find it.

No one is being forced, badged, or directed to one place or another. IGH is fine, no one is saying you can't. There's a thread about in which people are encouraged to camp out if that's their style. For the last several months of meetings, we've always discussed doing something with the 501st/Rebel Legion. Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions, and no one is ostracized if they would rather view AotC at a different place. Earlier the plan was MoA, that's changed due to their midnight policy.

13. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I want to go with everybody to Champlin if that's where we go. But I was wondering if someone could pick me up a ticket. I have no idea where Champlin is, but I'm pretty sure that I'm no where near it. I suppose I could drive way out there when tickets go on-sale, but I hate to do that for only one ticket. I'd pay whoever for the ticket next time I see them (the next meeting probably). Can anyone help me please? :D

14. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    If we get to go as a group to Mann in Champlin, I'll handle all tickets for whoever is going (whoever "signs up" in my head count thread).

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    You know if you where to draw a line through the center of the twin cities from west to east. from what I know of where people live I think the vast majority of our members live south. I know I live way south.. I am south of Apple Valley if you know where that is. I can safely say that unless JGM comes from South Dakota to see the movie with Us it will be me who is driving the farthest to see this if the Champlin theater works out. If I where to pick the theater in my hood we would be going to the Lakeville 18, Applevalley theater or the Regal Eagan. We are working with the theater in Champlin because that is the theater that showed interest in working with us. We wanted some place where all our people could go with out having to camp to get tickets. Simple you go where the cooperation is.

16. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    I live in the city, and I took off a few days of work so I'd have plenty of time to sit in line or help out in any way that I can. If there's anything I could do to make this thing go soother, just let me know.
    (email: kenobi420@qwest.net)

17. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    I'd be willing to go with you all, provided I can get a ride.

18. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm still trying to get in touch with Steve Mann to ask if they have any new information in light of the Kerasotes development. Haven't been successful yet. Stay tuned.

19. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Pleassssee...update us for the love of The Force! I feel stuck here at work while the tickets are getting snatched up! LOL

Mike

Master Eki

*all alone while everyone else is at CII*

20. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    I just talked to Steve Mann. He hadn't received my email, but he gave me his own email address and I re-sent it. On the phone he said that Kerasotes really shouldn't be selling tickets yet, because they (and everyone else) haven't licensed the film yet. That will happen Monday or Tuesday. So by the end of the day on Tuesday we should have all of the information we need, and should be able to have plans firmed up for opening night.

21. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    That's weird,because everyone and their uncles are buying tickets all over town...

:(

M.E.

22. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Jfren

Do you think the manna theaters all over the state would show atoc at midnight . Becuase i called the theater there and they had no word on it. Man thats a bummer

_Ben

23. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    I saw Spiderman at Regal 20 in Brooklyn Center last night, and they were selling tickets to the midnight show. I'm a little nervous, but I think we'll be ok. I think Mann is just behind Regal and Kerasotes and others because Mann is a small chain, and the others are nation-wide.

24. Ferazel

Ferazel Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    I suppose I should have asked this earlier, but where is this Mann theater? Is it more the 1.5 hours from the cities? The reason is that my last final is on wensday in Physics. How wonderful physics is that we have a 3.5 hour final, and we start at 6:30. So I won't get back to my car until 10:30 or so. So if anyone could fly me the address that I could pop it into Mapquest I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,

(so if you think I'm dead during the show.. you're probably right my brain will be in mush.)

25. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I saw Spider-Man (very bad) yesterday at the Mann in Eagan and they were selling AOTC tickets but they are not having a midnight show. Just wanted to give you a head's up that at least one of the Mann theaters is selling AOTC tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.