main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Minor League Directory: An index and discussion thread for minor characters. New challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Minor_League_Commish, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minor_League_Commish

Minor_League_Commish Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    First off, let me welcome you to the minor league! :D As the subject line indicates, this thread is for indexing stories that feature the minor characters in Star Wars as the primary characters. The index will encompass all three eras, and will be alphabetized by author under the era in which each story belongs.

This will also be a discussion thread where we will (I hope) discuss minor characters and support each other in writing them. There may even be an informal challenge tossed in every once in awhile. ;) More on this later.

My main account is Alexis_Wingstar, so if I post in this thread as Alexis, which I will more than likely do, since I've already posted as MLC when I thought I was on my main account, you'll know it's me. ;)

Now, let us define what a minor character is. A minor character is one that has little screen time or, in case of the written word, not many lines or pages devoted to them. Good examples would be: Tarkin, Mon Mothma, Elan Sleazbaggano (one of my favorites :D ), most of the Rogue Squadron with the exception of Wedge (see next paragraph), Biggs Darklighter, Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. Suffice it to say, with the exception of Shmi, any character named Skywalker is not a minor character. :p There are many more minor characters within the vast Star Wars universe... more minor charaters than main characters, in fact... and there are some authors who have been led to tell their stories.

Some characters were minor in the movies, but were expanded on greatly in the novels, so therefore would no longer be considered minor. Wedge Antilles is a great example. He was not only featured heavily in the X-Wing Squadron novels, but played a major role in the Yuzzhan Vong War. Thankfully, many fan fiction stories that feature Wedge on these boards also feature the others in Rogue Squadron which do qualify as minor characters. Which takes me to my next point. If a minor character plays an equal role in the story with a main character, then the story qualifies. A prime example would be Abeja's "Nothing but a friend", which features Wedge and Iella.

If you have written a story which you believe should be added to this index, please private message me with a link.

I do not wish to be remiss on thanking G__Anakin for volunteering to help me with the indexing. :D

HELP IS NEEDED for the index in "Before the Saga", as both G__Anakin and I have very little knowledge about the characters and events in the long history before the saga occurs. Any KOTOR experts who would like to help, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. EDIT: Thanks to HyperionRising for volunteering. :D

Now, without further ado, on to the index...

EDIT: Because I forgot to introduce myself. :p

2. HyperionRising

HyperionRising Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2007
    I'm not exactly a KotOR "expert," but I've got a working knowledge and I'm willing to research. Can I help out?

3. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Wow, that was fast! [face_dancing] :D Yes, thank you! [:D] There is a PM coming your way.

4. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Oh, I also think it's worth mentioning that I don't think Corran Horn, who plays at least a large a role in the X-Wing novels as Wedge, should be considered a minor character.

5. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    I agree, which is why I said most of the Rogue Squadron. ;) I only singled out Wedge as an exception because of my later example.

Now, I shall attempt to post the index. :p

6. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Before the Saga:

No Food for Fishies Today! by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring The Whimpering Locker

Teach a Man to Fish by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring The Whimpering Locker

Scorch by Charmisjess, featuring Jocasta Nu and Count Dooku (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

A day at the archives by earlybird-obi-wan, featuring Jocasta Nu

The Slumbering Princess by Elana, featuring Shmi Skywalker (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

Kev Likes His Locker by HyperionRising/Saber Girl Jaina

A New Beginning by KELIA, featuring Shmi Skywalker

Seven Vigs of Bad Mush by MsLanna, featuring Jango Fett

Misconception by MsLanna, Jango Fett

Whispers by Nienna Narmolanya, featuring Jocasta Nu and Count Dooku (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

Morality and the Sith Apprentice by Persephone_Kore, featuring Darth Vectivus

In the Shadow of a Starless Night by VaderLVR64, featuring Shmi Skywalker

Serpent's Advice by yodas_waiter, featuring Mas Amedda

7. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed. :p

8. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined. :p

9. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined and/or sentenced to life imprisonment at a secure installation in the middle of Tatooine's Jundland Wastes! :p

10. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Saga:

Always serving the Empire, sir by Abeja, featuring an Imperial soldier

A Twin Suns Romance, Part i: Dropping In by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun

A Twin Suns Romance, Part II: Barren by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Owen & Cliegg Lars, Shmi Skywalker-Lars, and Beru Whitesun

Liberty's Choice by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Shmi Skywalker, Owen and Cliegg Lars

Stupid Kid! by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Wuher, Ponda Baba, and a certain doctor

66 by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Sarge from the Aiwha Squadron and Evan

Daddy in Training by Alexis_Wingstar, featuring Senator Bail Organa

Under the Radar by brodiew, featuring Crix Madine

Strange Little Girls by Charmisjess, featuring various female jedi including Bant and Jocasta Nu (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

What I Like About You by Dana-Skywalker, featuring Wes Janson and Mon Mothma

"In a World full of Nothing..." by DarthBreezy, featuring Tycho

The Hunt for the Executor by DarthIshtar, featuring Piett

Nobody's Baby: A Mos Eisley Cantina Story by divapilot, featuring a certain cantina character.

A Little Prickly by Dreagoddess and Persephone_Kore

Soiled by earlybird-obi-wan, featuring Jocasta Nu

Jedi Sith by G__Anakin, featuring Whie and Scout

When The Hunter Becomes The Hunted by Jennifer_Lyn, featuring Asajj Ventress (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

Reality Check by Kelia, Lars family w/ young Luke and Obi-Wan

Fade to Black by MistiWhitesun, featuring Tallisibeth ("Scout") Enwandung-Esterhazy (submitted by Persephone_Kore)

Who I Am by MsLanna, featuring Boba Fett

The Halcyon Maneuver by NYCityGurl, featuring Nejaa and Valin Halcyon

Friend/Enemy by NYCityGurl, featuring Valin Halcyon-Horn

Rules of Shooting I by NYCityGurl, featuring Rogue Squadron

Personal Space: A Mas Amedda Vignette by oqidaun, featuring Mas Amedda

People Like Us by oqidaun, featuring Ozzel, Piett, Needa, Veers, etc.

Unanswered Questionsoqidaun, featuring Panaka

Ewok Murder Rampage: A Hero Emerges by oqidaun, featuring Elan Sleazebaggano

[link=http://bo

11. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined and/or sentenced to life imprisonment at a secure installation in the middle of Tatooine's Jundland Wastes after being tortured by feral Ewoks! :p

12. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined and/or sentenced to life imprisonment at a secure installation in the middle of Tatooine's Jundland Wastes after being tortured by feral Ewoks, and then be summarily executed upon completion of the sentence! :p

13. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Beyond the Saga:

Moments like these by Abeja, featuring Rogue Squadron

Dancing in the dark by Abeja, featuring Wedge Antilles and Iella

Nothing but a Friend by Abeja, featuring Wedge and Iella

Perfection by Abeja, Tycho Celchu

Nothing romantic about war by Abeja, Hobbie Klivian

Not that imperfect after all by Abeja, featuring Tycho Celchu, Winter

Chasing Soap Bubbles by Abeja, featuring Wes Janson and Hobbie

Her Secret Shame by Blue_But_Beautiful, featuring Mezhan Kwaad and Vua Rapuung

Forgiven Not Forgotten by Blue_But_Beautiful, featuring Seef

Tell No One by Blue_But_Beautiful, featuring Mezhan Kwaad and Vua Rapuung

Brodie's Second Drabble Babble, by Brodiew, featuring Streen in some of the drabbles

Dinner For Two , by Brodiew, featuring Wedge and Iella

"In a World full of Nothing..." by DarthBreezy, featuring Tycho

The Gift by Golden_Jedi, featuring Tycho and Winter

Changing Sides by Jade_Pilot and brodiew, featuring Wedge and Iella

Three, Antilles, Goat?s Stuff by Jade_Pilot, featuring Wedge, Janson and Face

Wraiths in Love by Jade_Pilot, featuring the Wraith Squadron

The Trouble with Ghent by Jade_Pilot, featuring Zakarisz Ghent, Mr. & Mrs. Ghent, Dr. Osee

Winter of Discontent by Jade_Pilot, featuring Winter and Tycho

Before There Were Ewoks by Jaya Solo, featuring Wes Janson

Birth of a Playboy by Jaya Solo, featuring Wes Janson, Jek ?Piggy? Porkins

Torn Together by Jedi Trace, featuring Talon Karrde, Shada D'ukal

Jedi Knight Wes Janson? by lordmaul13, featuring Wes Janson, Hobbie, and Wedge

I Love You, Goodbye by ZebulaNebula, featuring Danni Quee

Renewal: Book One, Winds of Change by ZebulaNebula, featuring Valin and Malinza

14. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I know HyperionRising already volunteered, but I'm definitely at "expert" level for KOTOR, for both the games and the comics. So if you still need another hand, I'd be happy to help.

15. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined and/or sentenced to life imprisonment at a secure installation in the middle of Tatooine's Jundland Wastes after being tortured by feral Ewoks, and then be summarily executed upon completion of the sentence, and then the body shall be fed to a sarlacc! :p

16. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Reserved for indexing! Anyone parking here is in violation of the minor league posting rule and will be ticketed and fined and/or sentenced to life imprisonment at a secure installation in the middle of Tatooine's Jundland Wastes after being tortured by feral Ewoks, and then be summarily executed upon completion of the sentence, and then the body shall be fed to a sarlacc! If by some chance the offender survives all that, then they shall be pardoned on provision they solemnly promise never to park in the no parking zone any more. :p

17. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    *Looks up at last post and wonders how one could survive being executed after a life sentence and fed to a sarlacc* [face_thinking] [face_skull]

Okaaay, now that that insanity is over, let's get on with the fun, which is discussing our overlooked minor characters. Just because they're minor, doesn't mean they are not important!

First Discussion Topic: Who is your favorite minor character (or characters if you can't choose just one), and why?

18. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    The link for Friend/Enemy leads to The Hunt for the Executor.

And as to the discussion topic... Does Kettch count?:p

19. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up *goes to correct the mistake*.

ROFL, yeah, I guess a character made up by another character would count. [face_laugh]

20. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    The more the merrier. Sorry, I almost missed this post because it came in the middle of me posting the reserved threads for the index. [face_laugh] You weren't supposed to park there. [face_shame_on_you] :p

21. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I have several favorites who got a fair amount of page time in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous but not, as far as I know, anywhere else. Scout (Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy), Whie, Solis and Fidelis.... Yes, really, the droids.

22. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey, I thought after all those posts you were done. :p My bad. :D

As to favourite characters, I'm putting in a vote for Elan Sleazebaggano, largely thanks to oqi's stories. I also adore the Whimpering Locker in KOTOR. Best random NPC ever. Basically, I love absolutely ridiculous characters who walk on the screen, do something hilarious, and then you never see them again.

I started writing a vig about the Whimpering Locker once. I pick that one up again. :p

23. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Whie and Scout for me too! :) Atleast Whie got .0001 seconds in RotS!

24. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    I would include Scout and Whie as minors, as they only appeared in the one story... I'm also including the Fetts, even though there is a series of books about Boba since I'm not sure how many actually read that series. I may rethink Boba though since there is supposed to be a TV series (animated, I believe) coming that I think is supposed to feature him... I may be mistaken.

Those two droids were priceless! :D

Hm... I can't just pick one favorite minor character. There is such a rich bounty of them in the whole SW universe!

25. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    No, my bad... I was just having fun at your expense. :p

Thanks, btw, for your offer of help. I'll be PMing you shortly.

Yeah, I liked Elan before I found oqi's stories, and once I did find them, I really loved her characterization of him. Those are some great stories.

Hehe, I remember seeing a typo, the Whompering Locker for Whimpering Locker, in the funniest misspelled words thread. I didn't know who it/he/she (?) was though... which is why I sorely need help with the before the saga minors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.