main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Minor League Directory: An index and discussion thread for minor characters. New challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Minor_League_Commish, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Haha, looks like ol' Page doesn't have a small a backstory as I thought :p

Judder Page

Had no idea his name was Judder either. This turns me off him somewhat :p

Though his article reminds me of two other favourites of mine: Pash & Airen Cracken.

Airen wrote the book on Special Forces (literally. He wrote it.), and Pash (now THERE is a name :p ) has a navigation strategy named after him. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you be rebels :cool:

2. HyperionRising

HyperionRising Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I just realized I never said who my favorite minor characters are. [face_laugh]

Oh, there are so many, it's hard to pick one. I like Elan Sleazebaggano(sp?), and the alien Obi-wan went to for information on the dart in AoTC (his name escapes me at the moment and I'm too tired and don't have the time to look it up). Tarkin is pretty cool as far as Imps go. :p

Of course, since I'm writing a Owen/Beru story right now, I find myself liking them more.

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I LOVE the pilots, both Rogue and Wraith. I'm always looking for new FF stories about them. And Ghent! How can you not like Ghent????

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ghent? [face_love] And for some reason I've always been drawn to Quinlan Vos. I'm not sure he qualifies as a minor character, but I would think so.

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I love my boy Ghent.[face_love] He used to have his own thread Tales of the Crypt Chief, but it is locked now.:(

btw, Dexter Jettster was the owner of Dex's Diner, where Obi-Wan went for advice on the Kamino dart. ;)

7. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    It's a backstory for an extra called Chyler who appears for a split second during the evacuation of Bespin.

However, backstories have been developed for more notable minor characters, such as the crew member on the Radiant VII, Anakins childhood friend Melee and the captain of the Invisible Hand: Lushros Dofine, among others

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    yodas_waiter, that's a good backstory! :D I especially like that she's part of ISB.

After further reflection, I've changed my mind. My favorite minor character is now Ice Cream Maker Guy on Bespin. :p

Or General Madine's hairpiece. Can't quite decide.

9. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    :eek: I forgot Ghent!

I'll add him to my official list.

And while I'm there, 'slightly-too-tall stormtrooper' that bashes his head against the top of the death star door in ANH has to be a standout. I wonder what his backstory is. As a child he had a choice between being a basketball player or a stormtrooper. He chose incorrectly. [face_plain]

10. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    *snort of laughter*

11. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]Wow. Guess what I'm going to think about every time I see that movie now... [face_laugh] LOL

As for favorite obscure characters, there are quite a few. My favorites would be many of the Jedi we get to see during the Battle of Geonosis. Untill then, it was hard to grasp just how many Jedi there were, and how varying the species were. Awesome! [face_dancing] Shaak Ti would have to be my favorite. :D

Geonosis aside, Taun We and Lama Su are wicked cool :cool:

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Great backstory, yodas_waiter. I also liked the other backstories you included, especially Melee's.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awesome Thread!
    I would say my favorite minor character would be Doran Tainer. I can just imagine a Force strong little Kell! [face_love]
    I do love Ghent as well!

14. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Cool thread! :D

Favorite minor characters are (in no particular order): Dengar, Shawnkyr (thanks Jade, I'd never spell that right), Piggy and Runt from the Wraiths, Droma (Han's temp sidekick from the NJO), Jos (from the MedStar novels) and I-5 (also from the MedStar novels). I-5 is also a big inspiration for my own OC droid, Loki. Those who know Loki and have read the novels may have already seen the similarities. ;)

15. Minor_League_Commish

Minor_League_Commish Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    Just a note to let you all know, I updated the index, and all of Abeja's fics... at least the ones that are in the sig ;) are included now. Also, I failed to include brodiew as Jade_Pilot's co-author on "Changing Sides".

If anyone sees any more mistakes, just let me know either in the thread or via PM. [face_peace]

16. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Does anybody remember Wrenga Jixton? I forget what comic he was in.

17. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Wrenga Jixton? Shadows of the Mpire IIRC...

18. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Hey Commish, could you put my Whimpering Locker story on the index?

19. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Done.

Sorry about not including it sooner. I meant to after I read it, but since I was on my original account, I couldn't do it. Then when I logged off as Alexis, I forgot. [face_blush]

20. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    yodas_waiter, that's a good backstory! I especially like that she's part of ISB.

Thank you! :) Her being an ISB operative and working with Aqualish were already pre-determined facts established by the CCG card game. The rest, except her first name, is all me.

Great backstory, yodas_waiter. I also liked the other backstories you included, especially Melee's.

Thanks :) I always find it cool how even the smallest extra has a story to tell in the Star Wars galaxy.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to write a story starring Chyler ;)

21. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Everyone always has a story to tell.

22. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Yo Commish -- Just a question here. Are you planning on organizing the index by type within the boards (i.e., "Rogue Squadron," "Imperials," "Cantina characters" etc.)? I could see this getting kind of unwieldy if all the stories get indexed.

Just wondering.;)

23. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Actually, I was going to just let it go with alphabetizing by author within the three eras. When there gets to be too many stories in one era, I'll start breaking up the index to A - G, H - N, and M - Z, again by author. I'll use those reserved threads for that purpose (though for the 'before the saga' era, I accidentally included a third reserved thread... ironic, since that is the one that has the least amount of stories so far).

BTW, I hope you all enjoyed the run on sentence gag I posted for the reserved threads.:p

Minor League Challenge #1:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to write a vignette (one shot story) about a minor character you've never written about before, and post it on Monday, October 8, 2007. I will not specify board time because I know that could create problems for those who live in different time zones. Just post it sometime on Monday, Oct. 8, your time. The only rule (besides having it not violate TOS, of course) is you have "Minor League Directory Challenge" or "MLD Challenge" on the subject line, and link to this thread in your summary. Let's flood the boards on that day and show how glorious minor characters can truly be! Oh, and don't forget to post a link to your story here or PM me with it (I'm lonely and want more PM's :p ). Most of all, have fun with this! :D

MLC

24. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    Here's a fun minor character: Darth Vectivus. Apparently he was a fairly successful secret Sith during the millennium before the movies. I'm a bit puzzled by his living out his days surrounded by friends and family in a location that had been driving people insane.

I found him through Wookieepedia's page on banthas, of all things.

...Not sure I could write him, though. Hmm.

25. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Wow, a Sith Lord who doesn't succumb to the lure of power? Now that's rather unique!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.