Index Minor League Directory: An index and discussion thread for minor characters. New challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Minor_League_Commish, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Haha, looks like ol' Page doesn't have a small a backstory as I thought :p

Judder Page

Had no idea his name was Judder either. This turns me off him somewhat :p

Though his article reminds me of two other favourites of mine: Pash & Airen Cracken.

Airen wrote the book on Special Forces (literally. He wrote it.), and Pash (now THERE is a name :p ) has a navigation strategy named after him. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you be rebels :cool:
  2. HyperionRising Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I just realized I never said who my favorite minor characters are. [face_laugh]

Oh, there are so many, it's hard to pick one. I like Elan Sleazebaggano(sp?), and the alien Obi-wan went to for information on the dart in AoTC (his name escapes me at the moment and I'm too tired and don't have the time to look it up). Tarkin is pretty cool as far as Imps go. :p

Of course, since I'm writing a Owen/Beru story right now, I find myself liking them more.
  4. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    I LOVE the pilots, both Rogue and Wraith. I'm always looking for new FF stories about them. And Ghent! How can you not like Ghent????
  5. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Ghent? [face_love] And for some reason I've always been drawn to Quinlan Vos. I'm not sure he qualifies as a minor character, but I would think so.
  6. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    I love my boy Ghent.[face_love] He used to have his own thread Tales of the Crypt Chief, but it is locked now.:(

btw, Dexter Jettster was the owner of Dex's Diner, where Obi-Wan went for advice on the Kamino dart. ;)
  7. yodas_waiter Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's a backstory for an extra called Chyler who appears for a split second during the evacuation of Bespin.

However, backstories have been developed for more notable minor characters, such as the crew member on the Radiant VII, Anakins childhood friend Melee and the captain of the Invisible Hand: Lushros Dofine, among others
  8. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    yodas_waiter, that's a good backstory! :D I especially like that she's part of ISB.

After further reflection, I've changed my mind. My favorite minor character is now Ice Cream Maker Guy on Bespin. :p

Or General Madine's hairpiece. Can't quite decide.
  9. Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    :eek: I forgot Ghent!

I'll add him to my official list.

And while I'm there, 'slightly-too-tall stormtrooper' that bashes his head against the top of the death star door in ANH has to be a standout. I wonder what his backstory is. As a child he had a choice between being a basketball player or a stormtrooper. He chose incorrectly. [face_plain]
  10. HyperionRising Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]Wow. Guess what I'm going to think about every time I see that movie now... [face_laugh] LOL

As for favorite obscure characters, there are quite a few. My favorites would be many of the Jedi we get to see during the Battle of Geonosis. Untill then, it was hard to grasp just how many Jedi there were, and how varying the species were. Awesome! [face_dancing] Shaak Ti would have to be my favorite. :D

Geonosis aside, Taun We and Lama Su are wicked cool :cool:
  12. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Great backstory, yodas_waiter. I also liked the other backstories you included, especially Melee's.
  13. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Awesome Thread!
    I would say my favorite minor character would be Doran Tainer. I can just imagine a Force strong little Kell! [face_love]
    I do love Ghent as well!
  14. correllian_ale Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool thread! :D

Favorite minor characters are (in no particular order): Dengar, Shawnkyr (thanks Jade, I'd never spell that right), Piggy and Runt from the Wraiths, Droma (Han's temp sidekick from the NJO), Jos (from the MedStar novels) and I-5 (also from the MedStar novels). I-5 is also a big inspiration for my own OC droid, Loki. Those who know Loki and have read the novels may have already seen the similarities. ;)

15. Minor_League_Commish Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a note to let you all know, I updated the index, and all of Abeja's fics... at least the ones that are in the sig ;) are included now. Also, I failed to include brodiew as Jade_Pilot's co-author on "Changing Sides".

If anyone sees any more mistakes, just let me know either in the thread or via PM. [face_peace]
  16. LLL Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anybody remember Wrenga Jixton? I forget what comic he was in.
  17. correllian_ale Jedi Master

star 4
    Wrenga Jixton? Shadows of the Mpire IIRC...
  18. HyperionRising Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Commish, could you put my Whimpering Locker story on the index?
  19. Minor_League_Commish Jedi Knight

star 1
    Done.

Sorry about not including it sooner. I meant to after I read it, but since I was on my original account, I couldn't do it. Then when I logged off as Alexis, I forgot. [face_blush]
  20. yodas_waiter Jedi Knight

star 3
    yodas_waiter, that's a good backstory! I especially like that she's part of ISB.

Thank you! :) Her being an ISB operative and working with Aqualish were already pre-determined facts established by the CCG card game. The rest, except her first name, is all me.

Great backstory, yodas_waiter. I also liked the other backstories you included, especially Melee's.

Thanks :) I always find it cool how even the smallest extra has a story to tell in the Star Wars galaxy.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to write a story starring Chyler ;)
  21. HyperionRising Jedi Knight

star 2
    Everyone always has a story to tell.
  22. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    Yo Commish -- Just a question here. Are you planning on organizing the index by type within the boards (i.e., "Rogue Squadron," "Imperials," "Cantina characters" etc.)? I could see this getting kind of unwieldy if all the stories get indexed.

Just wondering.;)
  23. Minor_League_Commish Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually, I was going to just let it go with alphabetizing by author within the three eras. When there gets to be too many stories in one era, I'll start breaking up the index to A - G, H - N, and M - Z, again by author. I'll use those reserved threads for that purpose (though for the 'before the saga' era, I accidentally included a third reserved thread... ironic, since that is the one that has the least amount of stories so far).

BTW, I hope you all enjoyed the run on sentence gag I posted for the reserved threads.:p

Minor League Challenge #1:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to write a vignette (one shot story) about a minor character you've never written about before, and post it on Monday, October 8, 2007. I will not specify board time because I know that could create problems for those who live in different time zones. Just post it sometime on Monday, Oct. 8, your time. The only rule (besides having it not violate TOS, of course) is you have "Minor League Directory Challenge" or "MLD Challenge" on the subject line, and link to this thread in your summary. Let's flood the boards on that day and show how glorious minor characters can truly be! Oh, and don't forget to post a link to your story here or PM me with it (I'm lonely and want more PM's :p ). Most of all, have fun with this! :D

MLC
  24. Persephone_Kore Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a fun minor character: Darth Vectivus. Apparently he was a fairly successful secret Sith during the millennium before the movies. I'm a bit puzzled by his living out his days surrounded by friends and family in a location that had been driving people insane.

I found him through Wookieepedia's page on banthas, of all things.

...Not sure I could write him, though. Hmm.
  25. Minor_League_Commish Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, a Sith Lord who doesn't succumb to the lure of power? Now that's rather unique!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.