main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Index Minor League Directory: An index and discussion thread for minor characters. New challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Minor_League_Commish, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ooooooooooooh interesting challenge and two more weeks to write... [face_thinking]

2. HyperionRising

HyperionRising Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2007
    Damn it, I should have waited for this to write about the Whimpering Locker! I hope someone else does him.

3. Minor_League_Commish

Minor_League_Commish Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    I was planning on doing a story on the Whimpering Locker myself, even though I never played KoToR, your description of him intrigued me. :D

4. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Go for it! The Whimpering Locker is the king of all MCs!

5. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Yeah, the Whimpering Locker isn't even mentioned in the Wookieepedia!

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    And if I had any idea what this was all about, I'd choose it for the challenge.:p
    A viggie about a cupboard sound interesting .

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] Now there's a plot bunny if I ever read one. There is an excellent explanation as to who the Whimpering Locker in the last post on page 1. :)

8. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Actually, this is the Whimpering Locker, from KotOR. The Talking Cupboard was in The Starfighters of Adumar. Or was that a wardrobe? I'll have to check.

EDIT: I'm entirely serious about that.

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I recently posted to the new Drabble challenge and added a drabble for Jedi Streen. He is sorely underused in the EU. I plan to keep adding a Streen drabble to my weekly posts as long as inspiration allows.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I've sent a PM to you regarding this via my sock.

I have a question. Does anyone know who or what Tobal Iens is? All I found about him is Cliegg and Owen Lars tricked Watto into trading Shmi for Tobal Iens. I need this for a story I'm working on (and it has nothing to do w/ the challenge ;) :p ).

11. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Where did everyone go? [face_worried]

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Everybody's off, writing like mad on that challenge....
    I think.

13. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I'm not entirely sure whether I wrote part of a fic for the challenge, or something that comes afterward and doesn't actually belong in the story.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: I haven't started writing yet! I've been obsessed with the story I've been working on... I've finished it now, but am working on it's sequel... but I will have the Whimpering Locker story ready for the challenge.

OK, I wanted to throw this out to everyone to see what you all think: Do you think we should vote on who wins this challenge a week later or just keep this as a friendly challenge meant only to increase awareness of minor characters?

15. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Friednly challenge. People will be afraid to enter otherwise.

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I agree with G_Anakin. Keep it friendly.

17. Persephone_Kore

Jan 19, 2006
    I haven't really noticed people being afraid to enter the competitive challenges (which have not been especially unfriendly ;)), but then again, I don't frequent all the individual character threads -- most of the competitive challenges I've noticed have been ones that were allowed to offer a prize at the end, which I imagine also had an effect.

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I have a bonafide Streen drabble this week!

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/27556873/p1/?0]A Twin Suns Romance, Part II: Barren[/link] is my new Owen/Beru story I just started.

20. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    I've updated the index. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone's stories.

It has been decided that we will keep this challenge 'friendly'. Perhaps future challenges will be competitive, but hopefully still friendly.

21. Persephone_Kore

Jan 19, 2006
    So, uh, anybody got any minor-character Sith from the waaaaaaay Before-the-Saga days who might want to ride this fearsome creature?

[link=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a7/SithWarbird.JPG]Sith Warbird[/link]

22. Minor_League_Commish

Sep 8, 2007
    Wow, what a cool mount!

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Ok, it is now half past midnight, Monday October 8 for me, so I've posted my response to the challenge: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27575586&brd=10475]No Food for Fishies Today[/link]. Oh, HyperionRising, I didn't know if you gave the Whimpering Locker the name Kev or if that was supposed to be his name already, and I used it... I hope it's alright.

24. Persephone_Kore

Jan 19, 2006
    It's "Tobal lens," actually. The only thing I've found on it is here: http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entryclass.asp?page=22&search=T

Not a character, apparently.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you. I forgot I had posted that question! I did find it a few days ago and since I forgot I'd asked here, I forgot to say 'never mind'. :oops: Thanks though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.