main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Minority Report' Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Son of the Suns, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BespinJake

BespinJake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'm still wondering what that classical piece was at the beginning of the film. Does anybody know???

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, I just got this score yesterday (along with Far and Away, an excellent score btw) and here's what I think.

It isn't excellent but it's far better than most of the other scores that have come out this year. I particularly enjoy "Anderton's Great Escape" as I'm sure most of you do as well. It is the best action cue JW has written in quite some time and has a great build up, tension, and pay off. Also, I really like the Spyders motif and the "Eye-Dentiscan" cue. It made me laugh because it sounded so similar to "The March of the Villains" from Superman. I also really like the little solo female motif that plays during the Anne Lively related scenes.

Overall, it's another good but not great entry by Williams.

It's funny, because listening to the Far and Away (1992) score and then listening to Minority Report (2002) really shows how much JW has changed in 10 years. I hope someday he goes back to his very thematically rich form of scoring the likes of which are present in Far and Away.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Up for current discussion.

4. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    My opinion of this score is much different than when I made this post. I now find it to be Williams' weakest score from 2002 and one of his most challenging to listen to on CD. I definitely would not rank it above Sorcerer's Stone today. Having said that, the score still works wonderfully with the film.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    See I love the MR score. I would never place it above A.I. or HP1 but it is a great score that is regularly in my film scores shuffle.

6. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I really only ever come back to it for a handful of highlight tracks, but rarely to listen to the album in its entirety. Definitely not a casual listen.

7. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Bespin Jake: "I know it's not on the MR soundtrack, but what classical piece(s) did Spielberg use during Anderton's 'computer orchestration' scenes? I can't put my finger on it."

According to IMDB, it's Franz Schubert's Symphony #8 in B Minor - more commonly known as the "Unfinished" symphony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.