New Jersey Minutes from Feb 8th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Arldetta, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 19, 2002
    star 4
    Alright, here's what I have for the minutes, hope you like them. ;)


    The meeting was called to order at 3:10 pm on Saturday, Feb. 8th, 2003.

    Those in attendence were:

    Jedi_Satimber - Shawn, his wife Chrissi and his Daughter Callie.
    DarthGyos - Gary and his girlfriend Marie
    Ghosts_of_Anakin - Mike
    Padawan915 - Herb
    Buster726 - R.J.
    Arldetta - Cyndy

    We first went over the minutes to the last meeting and discussed any old business. Then discussed new business.

    WebSite Info:

    We decided on 1T3.com for our web host. We would start with the 2.99 package giving us 50 mgs to work with. We also were determining what domain to buy and where. We would like to go with njorder.com, but we will need to further decide based on availablility. Shawn and Herb will be seeking some help from James, although Gary will be checking with one of his friends in order to help us build our webpage. Our icon/symbol is still being worked on by Herb and we hope to see a version of it at the next meeting.


    Finances:

    We discussed with our Treasurer, Herb, that he would be going to Sovereign Bank to establish an account under his name for the NJO. He will be getting check books and Debit cards for himself as well as the presidents and FF rep. We will be waiting to hear from Herb to find out if there will be any additional fees to get the added cards. From this account portions of events or supplies will be purchased for attending members.

    In addition, it was determined that at this time Council members would be required to pay dues to build up our account. Once we establish ourselves, we will revisit the need to have member dues contributed as well.


    NJO Member Info:

    We are preparing to set up a newsletter for the NJO detailing members along with specific information. Cyndy, along with the Newsletter R.J. has already done, will be working to compile member names, e-mails, phone #'s and any additional information we decide would be fruitful to have into a document that can be given to all members. This will provide the resources needed to communicate within the gourp easier.


    Events:

    The first event discussed was the upcoming ICONs taking place on March 28th-30th in SUNY/Stoneybrook. We are waiting to confirm with members who would be able to assist SWNYC with handling this event. Commitments from members will be asked for by Gary before he attends their next meeting.

    We also mentioned the Stitch & B!tch on March 22nd in Long Island for those interested in working on their costumes.
    This will be from 12 pm - 1 pm. Anyone wishing to attend may contact Gary to get directions.

    SWNYC will be holding an 80's Party on March 15th. We are invited to attend, anyone wishing to do so may contact Gary. We have also been invited to attend thiei Picnic in May but further information will be provided at later meetings.

    We would also like it if as many members as possible could attend the Dragon Con in August. Further information for this event will also be given as the time gets closer.

    Lastly, we discussed the possibilities of any other Cons in the area we might be able to make it to. Shawn will be checking to see if there is a Con in Titonfalls. If anyone learns of any other events we have not discussed please bring them to the next meeting or post them here.


    Costuming:

    It would be nice if we all were able to get dressed when ever we can. If you do not have a costume, there are many that we can contact if you do not wish to make it yourself. And if you are inclined there are events and people we can contact to get tips and patterns from. Gary also mentioned a contact whom we can purchase Robes from. If you would like more information about this please contact Gary.


    Charities:

    At this time, we have decided to support an Organization called Oasis. The help children and underaged mom's find food and shelter. Gary has already talked with them and we have already donated $1100 to them. (Please verify this Gary, I can't entirely remeber if this is acurate and I d
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 3, 2002
    star 8
    good job, madame secretary. :D :p
  3. buster726 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 19, 2002
    star 4
    checked out the con in tinton falls its a gaming con you have to buy tables. Anyway its called moncon
  4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2002
    star 6
    Nice job Cyndy. :D

    Yes, the 2nd meeting was very productive. A lot was accomplished. I think everything we covered was noted in the above post.



    GOA is A-OK!! ;)
  5. Padawan915 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Oct 1, 2002
    star 6
    Great job on the minutes Arldetta :)

    Yup, we got a lot done and we look forward to our coming-out meeting next time. :p
  6. DarthGyos Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2001
    star 4
    NICE JOB, ARLDETTA!!!

    Welcome!!
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 13, 2002
    star 4
    Very good job, Arldetta. Please note that next time, we'll be going to a restaurant where the waitress doesn't suck!
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 3, 2002
    star 8
  9. Meriwyn Former RSA

    Member Since:
    Mar 22, 2002
    star 4
    From one secretary to another...great job!! We have alot of great events planned that we would love for you guys to participate in. More details as things get ironed out.
  10. Obi-HaCoR Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2002
    star 5
    Very very good job Arldetta . Very organized!! :) That's some great stuff. I will definitly take note of it.
  11. buster726 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 19, 2002
    star 4
    I got a call from the MS charity that's multiple sclerosis I did this the past 2 years its a bike tour you start riding your bike in sandy hook and have the option of 25 50 or 170 miles the last one being 2 days long. Anyway they send you info and your collect money for their charity. They also have the option to have teams this might be something we want to do. Thought this might be a good idea let me know what you all think.
  12. buster726 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Sep 19, 2002
    star 4
    The bike tour is the weekend of may 17 there is also another one in september I think its from cherryhill to a.c. or something like that.
  13. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 3, 2002
    star 8
    well that is a bad weekend for me in May...family birthdays...(3 of them)
  14. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 13, 2000
    star 4
    Hey, I'm curious. I'd love to get a Jedi costume made (Obi-Wan Episode 1 type), but I have no sewing skills. I'd be willing to pay for it, but I don't know who to talk to. I'll be back in Toms River in mid-March, and for good in the end of May. Anyone know how to help?

    excal
  15. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 3, 2002
    star 8
    excal...I sent you a couple of PM's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.