main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Minutes from Meeting #8, Feb 23 2003

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Meeting Start 1:57 PM
    Attending members: Moorglade (President), MasterSifo-Dyas (Treasurer), StarFromIHJ, Cailinn-Sarr, KenDeep (Event Coordinator), Orion-Da-Fuzzy, and Ark3.

I - City Representative -- Discussed the 2/12/03 resignation of Darth Venom as our CR. The group gave a fair look and extensively discussed whether the former CR?s reasons for resigning were valid. It was unanimously determined that his reasons given of -- ?apparent lack of direction in the club? and ?more time has been spent recently on non-essential things? from his resignation speech, were not accurate assessments.

We collectively agreed on what our direction is and these things have been our essential goals all along: 1. To involve ourselves in all things Star Wars, because it?s our passion. 2. To increase our membership by making new friends to share this passion with. 3. To run a club where everyone has an equal voice.

StarFromIHJ was unanimously voted in as our new City Rep effective immediately. Her term will run the course of 2003 until the next election for the term starting January 1, 2004.

II - ICon Science Fiction Convention (March 28-30, 2003) and DB516?s participation in it. -- Discussed our fan club table and what is needed to be brought along. A detailed list of tasks and items needed was circulated among the membership. We divided up the tasks between the members and set a deadline of our next meeting (March 23, 2003) for final submission of our member?s presentations. Were proud to say that everyone is contributing as a true group effort!

Assigned treasurer MasterSifo-Dyas as temporary task coordinator to check on status of members? progress.

KenDeep reported on his attendance at ICON meetings and the convention progress. MasterSifo-Dyas reported on ?fan club? table charges and location specifications.

Discussed DB516 as the host FF group of ICON to make announcements inviting other Star Wars fan groups to visit with us and to offer any help we are capable of as to their participation at the convention.

Discussed member?s attendance at ICON. 100% attendance of the active members is expected, with most of us wearing costumes.

Discussed DB516 flyers and business cards and assigned Moorglade and Orion-Da-Fuzzy to collaborate on the designs.

III -- Collections -- Contributions were collected from the active 7 members for our DB516.com domain name and the Fan Club table at ICON. Collections were made for additional ?table expenses? from some of the members (final collections on these expenses will be made next meeting).

IV - Web Site -- Discussed graphic designs and photo/event archive. Also come up with descriptive ideas of what our club is all about and our goals for inclusion on the web site.

Approved MasterSifo-Dyas as secretary, and Orion-Da-Fuzzy as ?Head of Security?:).

Meeting adjourned at 4:02 PM

Minutes taken by MasterSifo-Dyas

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Thank you for posting this Triss.

3. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Just thought I'd live'n this up a little by letting everyone know that Ark & I offically have our room for Icon now,thanks a lot for handling that Ark.So you all know that we will be raising all kinds of hell now,I know exactly what hotel that is out there,my old National Guard unit is also at the airport.Talk later guys got to go off & play "Evil"bad guy this weekend I'll be in touch as soon as I get back.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Great to hear Orin. It should be a hell of a great time. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.