main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Minutes from the Meeting on August 22nd

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Padawan915, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Minutes from the first Meeting of the Philadelphia Fan Force

August 22nd, 2004

In attendance:
    neeldawg66 (Tim)
    TasharYar (Debbie)
    F16WarBird (Joe)
    Padawan915 (Herb)

I. Name

Discussion began on the name of the chapter. Several suggestions were brought up. A final decision on the name will come at the next meeting or two.

II. Mission Statement

Preliminary talk began on what would be the mission statement for the Fan Force. The focus was on who we are, what we will do, and goals for the chapter. A clearly defined and finalized mission statement will be prepared for the next meeting. All in attendance seemed to agree that our goal is to advance Star Wars fandom (and in general film fandom) through a collective means through good will, volunteer work and working with other Northeast Fan Forces and Star Wars groups.

III. Officers

This was brought up by Herb who tried to get a cohesive idea on what system we wanted. Joe suggested a rewards system for working up through a chain. Officers were agreed to be in place for one year. All members in attendance agreed to be on council. Herb and Joe decided to take up co-President positions. Tim and Debbie will be on the Council, but doing a variety of tasks. Joe will act as Webmaster for the chapter. Herb will take up the City Representive position when the chapter becomes official. Everything else regarding this issue will be finalized by the third meeting. In addition, it was agreed that if someone wants to step in and help out, that would be accepted and encouraged.

IV. Meeting Schedule

The next two meetings were discussed in short detail. Plans are for the next two meetings to be in September, with the chapter becoming official by the beginning of October. The second meeting will take place in Bucks County, the third meeting will take place in Center City Philadelphia.

After the next two meetings in September, meetings will be on a once a month basis. All business for setting up meetings will be done on private boards.

V. Events

Many events were discussed. Joe brought a schedule of Cons that will be occuring in the Northeast in the next year. Further discussion will occur at future meetings regarding these.

Official and unofficial events were discussed as well. Everyone agreed that official events will be brought up on TFN and discussed with area CRs and RSA.

VI. Affiliations

The issue of our affiliations with other Star Wars groups was discussed. Joe pushed heavily for us to be close with other Star Wars groups in the area including Rebel Legion, 501st, NJO, et al.

It was also agreed that we do not have that big of a problem with being affiliated with one group or another. Herb brought up that if someone is from North Delaware (or somewhere similar) and wishes to join us instead of another group, that would be no problem. This issue will be discussed in greater detail at the next meeting.

VII. Costuming

Costuming was discussed in short length. Only one member present has a SW related costume. However, several of us are interested in getting into costuming. Herb brought up a possible workshop that NJO (New Jersey Order) might be having, and that would be a good way to start up costuming. We also discussed how we did not want to limit ourselves to just SW costuming, but all around costuming of all film fandom.

VIII. Membership

Membership was a big point of discussion. It was agreed that members should be over the age of 18. Joe brought this up. Herb suggested allowing 16-18 with parental permission, however that was not well received.

Membership requirements are going to be loose at the current time, until Philly FF is well established. At that point, a three meetings to be a full member policy will take effect.

Recruiting membership was brought up by Herb. He suggested using links in our signatures to the Philly FF board on TFN as an effective means. Other means would a

2. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Nice job Herb. Except today's date is August 21st.

Were you watching the video of the meeting or something?

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What hapened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now!
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now!
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Yeah I did just notice that. D'OH! :oops:

Well we all make mistakes.

4. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Good job, Herb. This is just the beginning....

5. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    congrats guys and gals on your first meeting. It was missing that distinctive Army feel, but good none the less ;)

As the Commanding officer for the Rebel LEgion base that your FF falls into, I can tell you I look forward working with you, and if you are organizing the event, under you :). If you need anything from us, whether iut be costume help, prop help, or simply wanting to Talk, feel free to look me up.

Again, congrats, and looking forward to when you are official.

HOOAH!

6. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    If you need anything from us, whether iut be costume help, prop help, or simply wanting to Talk, feel free to look me up.

Ed, hold me and tell me you love me. I'm feeling fragile right now. [:D]

7. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Joe, I said Talk, now go ask Herb!

8. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    LOL,

The only reason Ed is offering assistance is because he wants to recruit you guys for his Rebel Trickle.. errr.. Legion.. lol. Notice how he had to mention that you guys fell in his region. Get ready to be recruited! LOL

He constantly tries to lure NER members away all the time :p

LOL. Bad Ed! Bad, BAD Ed!

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    And why have you offered your assistance? <ahem> <cough> <cough>

LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.