main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Minutes: Meeting #9

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediCandii, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    First, I would like to thank JJJ for letting us use her house. And I hope that Don and Eric didn't scare away starwarschick14 and DarthJackie with that movie ;). And now on to business:

* I think that the consensus at the meeting was to go with Brian's t-shirt place, Premiere. I hope that no one who wasn't at the meeting has a problem with this.

* The website is still under construction. Some people also have a problem with the speed of loading.

* Is anyone still interested in going to see the OT at Akron. We still have 3 weeks left. If anyone has an interest, then just revive the original thread.

* Finally, we are coming up on our year anniversary. Something that needs to be decided is whether our anniversary should be celebrated on the day of our first post, or on the day we had our first meeting.

2. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    ...or should it be celebrated when we became official?

Dang you were fast with these minutes. O, and you Jedi will pay for spilling my blood during the lightsaber fight. I will recover from my wound and come back to fight again.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Candii actually was lightsaber fighting...now I really wished I could have been there (they grow up so fast don't they)

Sounds like everyone had a good time, thank you Cindy for opening your family's home to us (during the holidays no less).

At the last meeting, I got the impression that we were leaning towards Premiere (and only waiting on being able to view samples)

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    No problem. A little bit of payback for all the times that I've had to drive up there. :p ;)

The friend of swchick's that picked her up was also one of my friends... small world. (Not only did I go to school with him, but he was the ex-boyfriend of a band member, and also was on the Envirothon team. (If you wanna know, you can ask. ;)))

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Candace did not duel, she just stood there looking cold. And I saw SW Chick laughing at the movie. Honest, she was. Jackie may not have liked the last thing we showed, but Eric and I weren't the only ones laughing.

6. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    No, I don't think she liked it....

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My apologies if she, or anyone, didn't care for parts of the movie. Kevin Smith is an acquired taste.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    O, and you Jedi will pay for spilling my blood during the lightsaber fight. I will recover from my wound and come back to fight again

It was all in all a fine contest, Lord Zod, you are a worthy competitor... I have just been fitted with my mechanical replacements after taking a harsh blow or two from you and Cindy, and I am looking forward to delivering/receiving another beating!

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! ~Count Dooku

9. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I will say this, you aren't bad with to sabers (although I have no one to practice with, seeing as my mom has been busy, my sis won't fight with me, my brother in law doesn't usually come around when it is daytime, and neither does my other friend!), but with a bit of practice, I could beat you. :p

And nice going up against both me and Steve at the same time while you had two lightsabers. ;)

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I just talked to DarthJackie, and no we didn't scare her away. ;) :)

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I guess we'll just have to try harder next time. ;) :p

Seriously, both her and Roseanna seemed nice, I'm glad to have met them.

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Hey! :p

Yes, they were both cool. :) Roseanna is cool because her family owns a rock and mineral shop, and plus one of her friends is a friend of mine, and Jackie is cool because I've known her for a very long time. (I remember when she started riding the bus! ;))

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I agree that both Rosie and Jackie are cool...

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    They would be much cooler if they'd fight. ;)

(I'm kidding, but still, you guys have to fight at least fo a little bit!)

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Don't worry, I wasn't scared away by the movie. I like Kevin Smith, and all of his movies that I've seen so far. :)

I'll work on my saber skills before the next meeting...but I'm not promising anything. :p

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    This all sounds cool... I wish I could have been there to fight and see the new people but oh well. Did anyone video tape it or take pictures during the meeting and fight?

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    no, no one took any pictures. I thought about it when we were walking outside, but I didn't go and tell my mom to get the camera.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I wouldn't worry about having to work on my saber skills before the next meeting...we're all just playing around with this. It's just great when we have a bunch of people who have fun with it.

So, did anyone else get lightsabers (or other SW-related stuff) for X-Mas? Better question would be...get anything you wanna brag about?

me...Republic Gunship! And the new (Qui-Gon style) lightsaber with green blade.

19. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Not Star Wars, but I received a Lilo & Stitch animation cell signed by the directors. Now I?m going to have to make some room for it on my walls.

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Something to brag about... I got some Star Wars shirts that I found at Suncoast for 75% off. :D Oh, and two hats too. :)

I also got the AOTC sheets and Comforter. :)

Got the Jedi Starfighter, and it came with the Obi-Wan figure. :) Now all I need is Slave I. ;)

Disney - Stitch and the winter Tigger stuffed animals. :D

Harry Potter - A triva game... Candii, you want to come over and play? :D

Lucky you Zod! :)

21. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I got both the FOTR and Harry Potter DVD and the soundtracks to both of the second movies in the Lrod of the Rings and Harry Potter movies. :D :D

I also got my temps on Christmas Eve.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I can't get the DMV to stay open past noon and you get them open on X-Mas Eve???? :mad:

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I also got 3 copies of "Destiny's Way"!!! :D

24. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I finally got AOTC on tape, a lightsaber (now I can practice), a bunch of action figures, and a Jabba the Hutt micro machines playset. We also got a DVD player! Yeah! Congrats on your temps, Emily. Sure I'll come over to your house, Cindy. Actually, I think that I got that exact same game for my best friend.

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Let's see...

I bought myself the FOTR Extended Edition DVD and The Clone Wars for PS2 before Christmas (cuz I didn't count on getting them and I knew some relatives would give me money for Christmas anyway, and I turned out to be right ;))

However, I did get

*Jedi Starfighter for PS2 (haven't really played it thoughk, focusing on TCW first)
    *An AOTC 2003 daily calendar
    *A copy of the AOTC soundtrack (which I'll be returning for Bruce Springsteen's The Rising or the 8 Mile soundtrack, seeing as I already had it and my dad didn't know)
    *A Hallmark light-up Millenium Falcon ornament
    *A Hallmark Darth Vader ornament
    *The mad hookup on gift certificates or the like: a gift certificate to Kohl's, a gift card to Cinemark, and a gift card to Starbucks (gotta get me my Caramel Frappucinos!)
    *Various other gifts that you prolly wouldn't be excited to hear about

But I hope that everyone remembers the true reason for Christmas: Jesus' birth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.