main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Minutes of Nov. meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cailinn-Sarr, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    these are the minutes of the Nov. meeting of Docking Bay 516,Long Island fan force:

First off I would like to welcome our newest member to the group,James(ALL_TOO_EASY)welcome & thank you for joining our little group. :)

Attendees of the meeting:Jay(Darth Venom),Me,Dana(StarfromIHJ),Billy(MasterSifo-Dyas),Tristin(Moorglade),Kenny(KenDeep) & last but by far not least James(ALL_TOO_EASY).

1.Events:
    A.Traveling Vader:Disscussed our preperations for when the Dark Lord arrives,historical sites to visit on the first day of the road trip,hotel acomodations for the first night,then going out to the point on that Sun. for the group pic.No dates were nailed down due to the fact that we're not sure the exact date we will receive him.Sleeping arrangements were also disscussed.

B.SW night at Hollywood Video:We disscussed first who will be attending & what costumes they will be wearing,& making arrangments for those who need rides there & back after the "afterparty".

C.ATOC at IMAX:Made plans to help our fellow NY Fan force,SWNYC,with their charity event on Dec.7th at the Palisades Mall in Nyack,NY.Voted to help & who would be going & made plans for rides out there.So far those who will be attending will be:Me as a Jedi with a Santa Hat,Triss as a Jedi,Dana as Leia & Ken as himself,lol.We also disscussed doing more events with other fanforce groups.

D.LOTR viewing at NYU:Jay(Darth Venom)who runs the Media Dept. for NYU's Stern Business school is going to reserve the movie theater at his job for a private viewing of LOTR extended version.this is a 350 seat theater thats just awsome.We've picked a tenitive date of 12/21/02 & also talked about inviting other close by fanforce chapters that would like to attend.

E.Rena Owen/future celebrity events:we talked about how great our day in the rain was with the wonderful & talented Rena Owen(Taun We EPII).We all had a great time & so did Rena.The begining of the day was slow but picked up in the afternoon.After we all went to dinner with Miss Owen & had a great time(I even got a hug from her after, :D ).We also disscussed taking pictures at events with celebs.,in the future we would like to see the photo's of events posted ASAP,photos of regular meetings & hanging out can be posted when ever that person get the chance,we would like the event pics to be posted soon for the web site so that new or potential members can see some of the stuff we do.We also all signed a thank you card to Rena. :)

II.Staff positions:
    A.We voted & then congratulated me in the position of meeting sec. for our group,yeah me lol.
    B.We also disscussed when we will be voting next on staff positions,being so new as a "official" group all current positions are temporary.As of now in Jan(date tentative)we will be voting for group President,the position is currently being held by our founding member,Dana(StarfromIHJ),yeah for her,whos been doing a wonderful job so far.

III.Web site:
    A.We disscussed & decided that we will have a web site & the domain name for the site will be the shortened version of our name,"DB516".
    B.We decided that Billy(MasterSifo-Dyas)& his wife Triss(Moorglade) will maintain & run the site.Triss will be our(hears sound of leather whip cracking)"Webmisstress".

IV.Shirts & club merchantdise:
    A.We talked about getting tee-shirts,hats,mugs etc. & how we will pay for them.We talked about possible dues for the group,but thats on hold for now.Eventually there prob. will be dues but that will be in the future.For now some of the members(and any who would like to)will pay for them out of pocket.

V.Charities:
    A. We decided that the first of Dec. will be the cut off date for the donations to the ACS in the name & memory of Dana's mother,once again we all are sorry for your loss.We are doing this in conjuction with SWNYC,their VP & our CR will be handling the money for this,any who would like to donate PLEASE get in touch with Darth Venom ASAP.

Well thats pretty much what was disscussed at the meeting,it went great & I would like to personally thank all those

2. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    what you mean you didnt discuss me?

3. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Why not have T-Shirts from www.cafepress.com - then have anyone who wants one (or ANYTHING really, mugs, hats, etc) just buy one from there? :)

4. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Xie We are going to do that for now. I just have to update the graphic on cafepress.com

ROE I'll make sure it's our first topic next time :)

Cailinn Good job with the minutes. You'll make a good bit....er, Secretary :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.