Minutes of Tonights Meeting, 7/8/2005

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by Happy Ninja, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Meeting #4: Sunday August 7th, 2005 - Location: Star City, Birmingham.

Evening, y'all.

Okay, here are the minutes taken from the meeting this evening.

This is the first time I've done this, so please bear with me.

Tonight?s meeting was with myself, Lord (and Lady) Wiz (Dave and Ang), and Tay Mar (Martin). The basic emphasis of the discussion tonight was about the current issues of FFUK:M and issues in the near future. The main points of things we talked about were:

The Banner:

It is our understanding that the banner for things such as the tables, etc. have been done by Phill, and is in use. We discussed the finance issue, and will be willing to chip in for the cost of the banner.

Graphics:

The issue of the graphics for the forum was brought up. We all decided that the generic headers for the Midlands Forum were a little bland, and that new graphics and colours should be brought in to tart the place up a bit...give us a little pizzazz. This also includes the issue of our own FFUK:M avatar. A post will be made about this in the near future, and we will spit ball some ideas.

The FFUK:M Website:

It has been felt that FFUK:M would need a website at some point. Nothing was mentioned as to what should be included on the site, or how it should be designed, but it is something that we should consider putting our heads together for.

Memorabilia:

The Memorabilia situation has now changed due to hotel rooms being unavailable. We discussed the situation about both days, and we need the thoughts on which days that we are going as a group. Originally, the plan for those of us who were going to the 501st Ball was that we were going to be there for both days, Saturday and Sunday. It now seems that we will be there for only one of those days, most likely the Saturday.

Parking: Dave has generously offered for us to park our cars at his house for the day, and we all pool together and get a couple of taxi's as that will cut down on the cost of parking at the NEC - £7 for the day. Getting a taxi from Dave's will only be around £8 for a 10-minute drive...if we get several people in a cab, it would only be £2 or so for the trip there. Please ask Dave for directions.

Tickets: Our thoughts for the tickets were that we should buy the Standard Tickets at £10 a pop as opposed to the Earlybird Entrance Ticket that is £15 for entrance to the event 2-hours beforehand.

Scheduling:

It has come to, not only my attention, but to others that there seems to be a conflicts of dates, such as a possible screening of Episode III in Worcester and Signatopia. It was proposed that a Calendar be put at the top of the forum, i.e. a sticky thread, that would list all the events, meetings, and the like, of when we are going to get together. This would cease any possible conflict of interest between individuals.

Code of Conduct/FFUK:M Charter:

A couple of points were raised on the issue of a few of our members, and their recent altercations. It was proposed that a Code of Conduct and a Fan Club Charter for our members be put in place, to serve as a reminder of what regulations and procedures FFUK:M will follow, e.g. official business, conduct between ourselves and other organisations, dealing with unruly members, etc...

Possible Locations for Further Meetings:

The issue has been raised before, but tonight was a good reminder about locations as to possible meeting venues for further get-togethers. It was suggested that a meeting in Worcester some time around December would be nice as the region can be quite picturesque at that time of year. This was brought up to help facilitate the inclusion of members who perhaps have trouble reaching locations, thus the idea of a rota-system will help with making it possible and fair for members to attend meetings.

Another question was raised whether or not we should do something for the DVD release of Revenge of the Sith. Should we do so
  2. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    yay free reign!! [face_dancing] bring on memorabilia!! :D

as for the parking situation, Chateau Wiz doesnt have half a mile of driveway, but we should be able to accomodate 2 cars on our drive, 2 on next doors drive (ah screw `em :p ) and roadside parking in front of the chateau, (which is directly opposite a police station ;) ) so all in all 5 or 6 cars depending. strictly first come, first served, reasonable negotiable rates available [face_whistling] . pm me and i will give directions for those who want.

looking forward to saturday regardless!
  3. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Banner

Thank you to everyone who is willing to put any money in. The final agreed donation on the thread where the banner was shown was £5 and this is towards the banner and the business cards I'm having done as well.

Graphics

Agree totally and really look forward to what you come up with. I would save the individual images from the current banners so you know how many you need. If I remember correctly, there is the side banner, two across the top, and the little icons either side of the advert at the top. An avatar is fully permissable as well and I look forward to what you come up with. Damn that sounded prissy :p I mean, an Avatar would be cool :D

The Website

As per PM, I will discuss this at a later date.

Memorabilia

Sounds great to me. Saturday, non-earlybird is fine :D

Code Of Conduct

Definitely. I will be pushing for each chapter to have one of these, but I like it that FF-UK:M is leading the way :D

Meeting locations

All good :D I like the idea of moving it around, however it might also be considered on whether maintaining a location might persuade them into a discount, especially if attendance can be increased.

Honourary Membership

I've chatted with V about this not long after my inception as RSA, as something I definitely wanted us to do, but thought that it should wait whilst we establish an identity for outselves. I swear, I may give V the title "RSA's Hand".

All in all it sounds like a lot of great stuff was discussed. Kudos to your guys.
  4. TK0282 Jedi Knight

Phil

Just a suggestion here mate, why dont you join the UKG and have a table next to our Photo Stand this will ensure you get Passes for the whole weekend and perhaps if i give you the Organisers details you could possibly get a reduced rate for a weekend table.

Also if you are coming to Our Charity Ball i here what you say about Hotels.

I live in Marston Green so this is not a problem for me but most if not all the UKG members that are coming a good distance to MEM are staying HERE

Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham South,
    2225 Coventry Road,
    Sheldon,
    Birmingham,
    B26 3EH
    0121 742 6201

10 MINUTE TAXI RIDE TO THE METROPOL, Some of you could possibly Mini bus it with some of our guys from the hotel
  5. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    The Banner:
    has arrived while Ive been away over the weekend, luckily my neighbour took it in and gave it to me when I got back last night.

Graphics:

yes, we need a little livening up....will look for the thread

The FFUK:M Website:
    wont we have an off shoot from the main ffuk site?

Memorabilia:

Personally I would still like to go to the ball, if I can find cheap accommodation, whould any one else be interested? Unlike cinderella, I dont fancy going alone?

Scheduling:
    Good idea

Code of Conduct/FFUK:M Charter:
    Yes, we need to know what do do to get a spanking !

Possible Locations for Further Meetings:
    Yes rota needed, also once the re-enactment season is over , I dont mind hosting a weekend because they are cheaper than going out!

I would like to do sth for the ROTS release but lets see what develops

Costuming:

The delay is cool, I can work on other costumes

Honorary Membership:
    I agree but think we need to up our profile first. I like the RSA hand title!

Cheap Drinks:

Normally I'm all for this, but this weekend I did some very very silly things and have sworn off drink for ever.

6. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i think u guys got through a lot for one meeting well done
  7. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I would love to come to the ball V, but financially it just doesn't work for me, sorry :(

However, I'm sure one of the others might be interested. Come on guys, a date with V, what more could you want?
  8. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    ;) Puppet Master, eh Dave.

I'm sorry I left you guy's to it but as always family comes first, we got through most of the topics we wanted to cover but I would still like to hear your opinions at memorabilia, oh and can some one fax a copt of the minutes to Tom please, you know how cranky he gets if you make a decision without him.
  9. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    as for the honary membership thing, people are saying that we should wait til we up our profile a bit first. just my opinion, but wouldn`t this be a good way of upping our profile?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.