Beyond Miracle-- (Post-NJO) K/J- Author Back, with a post, 9 Jan!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SaberBlade, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    Author's Note: Stupid plot bunny. Anyways, couldn't get this idea out of my head, so here you go, another story. I know, I know, I should maybe finish the other one first. Details. This one's going up anyway, and you get a really long first post. I'm not going to explain too much right off because it's all mostly explained within the story.

The title will make sense. This story won't be as long as Broken/Whole, so don't worry.

Disclaimer: Yup, if you recognize it, I don't own it. Darn it.

---

She woke gradually, lazily, as though she wasn?t quite sure whether she wanted to be conscious or not. But blurry faces hovered before her, vaguely familiar and welcoming, so Jaina forced her eyes open and turned her head.

?Welcome back, young lady,? her father said, helping her slump upright. ?We were starting to get worried.?

When had her father grown so old? Why did sadness lurk in his eyes?

?You?ve been in bacta for a while,? her mother told her, wrapping one of the medical blankets over her shoulders. ?The droids took you out today; they said you might wake up soon.?

When had her mother cut her hair? How had she become so frail?

Jacen shook his head. ?You got lucky, twin,? he told her, tugging her hair lightly. ?If you hadn?t been able to land, we wouldn?t have been able to get to you.?

When had Jacen grown up? Where was the lanky teenager she was used to?

A rough hand stroked her cheek, and Jaina recognized Kyp Durron?s concerned face. ?Hey, Goddess,? he said softly.

Goddess? What was Kyp doing here?

She looked around the room, confused. ?Where am I? This isn?t the Temple.?

Jacen looked as confused as she felt. ?Temple? No, you?re in the medical wing of the Council?s Complex.?

Jaina had figured she was in a medical bay of some sort, since the walls were stark white and smelled faintly of bacta. But- Council?s Complex? That didn?t sound familiar. She shook her head, trying to realign her thoughts. ?What happened to the Crystal?? She switched her gaze onto Han. ?Dad? What happened??

Han?s eyes went from confusion to sudden horror. ?The Crystal??

?Something went wrong with it.? Jaina shut her eyes and frowned, trying to remember. She remembered the Headhunter?s tight cockpit, the joy of flying, the panic that came with trouble . . . ?I think a thruster went out.? She opened her eyes. ?Did I land all right? What happened??

?Jaina, honey . . .? That was her mother; Jaina turned to face her. She was older, smaller, somehow more delicate than Jaina remembered. But now Leia?s face was etched with concern. ?Are you sure you?re all right??

She pulled herself straight, and stretched. ?I feel fine. Bacta works wonders.? She ended her sentence with a yawn, and grinned sheepishly. ?I?m just a little tired, but I should be back at the Academy.?

Leia glanced over at Master Durron, and Kyp eased himself down next to her on the medical bed. ?Why don?t you get some sleep, love,? he suggested. ?It sounds like your brain?s still swimming around in the bacta.?

Jaina stared at him. Had he just called her ?love?? He?d never done that before. ?I feel fine,? she said, bewildered. ?What?s wrong? What?s going on?? She frantically looked around at the four people gathered around her bed, all of whom seemed reluctant to meet her eyes. ?What happened? What?s wrong??

Her mother finally looked up, and Jaina was shocked to see her eyes shining bright with tears. Suspicion, terrifying and sharp, flooded through Jaina?s mind. Something was wrong, something was very wrong, and no one wanted to tell her the truth of what had happened. She tensed, and her panicked gaze quickly recounted the people in the room.

?Something?s wrong. Where?s Anakin? Is Anakin all right?? Her gaze skipped over Kyp, and returned to her father. ?Why?s Kyp here??

Han looked horrified, but before he could speak, Jacen cut in. ?Jaina, how many fingers am I holding up??

She blinked at her brother. ?Three. I?m fin
  2. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is great!!!! Good start,very good :D

Poor Jaina...Permanent amnesia :( And poor Kyp,I'm afraid he'd have to win her heart back again... :(

I know it's too soon to ask for more,but just in case you feel like posting.... MORE!!!! :p

EDIT> I got first reply!!!!! :D Am I a devoted reader or what??? :p Guess this is what I get for living in this board... :p
  3. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_shocked]

Uhm. Whoa. Whoa. Oh. My. Goodness. Uhm, okay. Give me a second... uhm, let me reread that entire thing again, and I'll get back to you... :D

Whoa...

This has got to be one of the most imaginative and original fics I've read in a while!

--Den
  4. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    okay i definatly need more now.
  5. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    Ireth: yes, you're a most devoted reader! I'm flattered! poor Kyp,I'm afraid he'd have to win her heart back again... Yeah, that's the general idea...

Den: [face_blush] Wow, thanks so much! I was worried it was a bit too trite to post!

padme: thanks!

Ok everyone, more tonight since I'm working on the next post now and you all liked it!

-Saber
  6. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    This was fanastic. Want more. :D

~~Jilly
  7. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, wow! Poor Jaina!

You have to post more now! :D

Dana
  8. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    No one picked up on my favorite line from the first post! Hmph. Oh well, I guess you'll get a post anyways.

----

Han glared down at Tekli. ?So explain to me just how this is going to work,? he demanded. ?She doesn?t remember anything from the last ten years??

?She has no memories from the last ten years,? the small Jedi corrected him. ?She probably has retained many things- habits, phrases, responses, muscle memories. But most of what she has retained will probably turn out to be deeply embedded in her subconscious. She won?t remember anything by trying to remember it. If she remembers anything, she most likely won?t even realize that she?s remembered it.?

?What do you mean by muscle memories?? Jacen asked.

Tekli shrugged. ?It?s almost a habit? if she?s walked down the same hallway and turned right for the past few years, she?ll probably still turn right rather than left without thinking about it. She won?t know why she?s going right, but her muscles and her body will remember the path taken. Little things like that. She?ll probably still be as good as a pilot as she was at the end of the war rather than reverting back to a pilot with no combat experience. She won?t know why she?s reacting so well, but she?ll still be reacting.?

?So what do we do for her?? Kyp asked impatiently. ?How can we help her??

Han wasn?t good at reading Chandra Fan facial expressions, but he thought that the expression on her face was that of pity. ?She?s going to be very confused for a time,? Tekli said gently. ?She?ll want things explained to her. You?re going to have to give her back her memories as best you can. Tell her what you remember, what she liked and what she didn?t. You?re going to have to help her find out what she missed and who she became in the ten years she can?t remember.? She paused, and then folded her hands. ?She might not be quite the same as she was. The best thing to do for her is to make her comfortable. She?s going to need time to come to terms with who she became.?

Kyp growled low in his throat and hit the wall, then rested his arm against it. ?In other words, she might never be the Jaina from four days ago again.?

?Simply put, yes.? Tekli?s eyes were sad, and as she passed him on her way to the door, she spoke one last time. ?I?m sorry, Master Durron.?

Kyp bowed his head and rested it against his forearm, leaning against the wall. Han didn?t think of himself as the sentimental sort, but he felt a sudden pull of sympathy for the younger man. ?She?ll be more comfortable with you,? Kyp said quietly. ?Do you think she can stay with you for a while??

?Of course,? Leia responded instantly. She turned to her son. ?Jacen, can you . . .?

Jacen smiled and touched her shoulder. ?I?ll go and have Threepio get a room ready for her. Don?t worry.? He slipped out of the waiting room.

Han eyed Kyp?s unmoving frame warily. ?Hey, kid, it?s not that bad,? he began.

?It is,? Kyp said roughly, head still against his arm. ?She doesn?t remember me. She won?t remember any of it.?

Leia came over to the man she had learned to accept as part of her family. ?Kyp, she?s still Jaina,? she said quietly, placing a hand on his back.

Kyp finally moved away from the wall. ?I know. But she won?t remember any of it. She didn?t know why I was even in her room.? He sounded bleak, self-depreciating. ?What little she remembers of me is from before the war. Ten years ago.? He shook his head. ?I don?t like who I was ten years ago. Jaina didn?t like who I was ten years ago.?

Han felt his sympathies lurch, and found himself firmly planted on Kyp?s side. ?She admired you ten years ago,? he pointed out.

?That was before the war,? Kyp pointed out. ?She didn?t even know me ten years ago. She won?t remember anything that we have in common.? His muscles tensed as he waved a hand out in front of him. ?She won?t remember anything that matters.?

?Kyp,? Leia said, coming over to his side and taking his hand. ?Jaina fell in love w
  9. Babi_Tahiri Jedi Knight

star 1
    awwwww *wipes tears from eyes* this is a great start to an even greater story! I can't wait for you to post more!! :)
  10. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *sob* This *sob* is *sob* so *sob* goooood *sob*... But saaaaaaaad!!!! :( Poor Kyppie!!!! :_|

This is one of the best starts I've ever read,I swear...I don't know where are you taking this,but it'd better have a happy end or I'll die from sadness... :(

More?? :)
  11. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh wow! This is good! Mesa like very much! One more postie? 8-}
  12. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You?ve done it again, Saber. Another outstanding story :). You?re quickly monopolising my ?Recent Posts? list, you know ;). I can?t resist reading a post of yours.

Okay, here are my favourite lines from post #1 and #2:

?Jaina.? Tekli took her hands once more. ?You might not remember who you became over the past ten years, but let me say this: the Jaina Solo that I knew was a good Jedi, a good pilot, and a good person. I have trusted you with my life before, and I would do so again. I have seen you at your weakest and at your strongest. You are a leader that I can respect. I am not ashamed to have known you.?

--

?All right,? Jaina agreed lifelessly. She stepped forward then, and faced Kyp. ?Did you give me this?? she asked softly, lifting up her left hand, thumb resting on her ring, eyes large and soulful and frightened.

--

He straightened and looked down at her. ?I was happy. I think you were happy.? He slid a hand out to cup her cheek. ?And I don?t expect you to believe this after hearing what I did to you during the war, but I love you.?

Take your time on the next post! Quality over quantity, as always.

Am [face_love]
  13. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great job as usual Saber. :D

Unique idea, and can't wait to see how this story unfolds.
  14. Saber_Leader Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, since I'm SaberBlade's brother, I know she's been pranced around saying "I just wrote my favorite Jag line ever" so the favorite quote from post 1 is:

Jagged? Was that a person or an adjective?

So I cheated [face_devil]. But I got the right answer, and it'll might her stop asking people to guess her favorite line.
  15. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    I want more! :_| Poor Jaina, Poor Kyp.
  16. SaberBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    Babi_Tahiri: Welcome into the chaos! You've been converted- good. K/J is the way to go!

Ireth: Hm, I didn't think that it was that sad... you're really going to hate me later on. [face_devil] But then again, you might really love me later too. [face_devil]

Elfsheen: Thanks! I would if I could...

Am: [face_blush] Thanks, Am. You picked up on a lot of my favorite lines. The middle one, when Jaina talks to Kyp for the first time, ranks as one of my absolute favorites.

KJJ: Oh, don't worry, it's unfolding currently.

SaberLeader: Yeah, you cheated, but that's still the best Jag line I've ever written. Between that and Dana's Darth Chicken reference I'll be laughing for days...

JainaDurron: Poor everyone.

---

Thanks for your great replies, everyone! SaberLeader came into my room this morning and told me I had three stories on the first page... and I went a little googly-eyed. That type of thing is reserved for the awesome Powers That Be of Fic... like JainaDurron and the_jedi_princess and people like that.

Anyway, I'm heading out of town for a few days and I'm not sure if I'll have computer access, so it's up to you peoples to keep this thread alive in my absense! There should be a post or two when I come back.

I'm really surprised that you all seem to think that this is a new, different and imaginative fic. I was almost afraid to post it just because I went, "oh lord, amnesia. It'll be like a bad soap opera." I'm glad you all seem to disagree with me. :D

-Saber
  17. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_shocked]

:(

:_|

[face_love]

:_|

Ooooh my gosh. This has got to be my favorite in-progress fic on the boards right now. I mean, WOW! :D I had started writing a fic where Han loses his memory somewhat like Jaina did, but I never finished it, and once I started reading this I went WHOA! (Please see first post :p ) I mean, my goodness. I love how unconventional this is, how original it is. I love how you write it, above all! You are an awesomely, tremendously gifted writer. We need a lot more writers like you and Jilly around here :D I was dangerously close to shedding a tear with all that emotion reeling out of that second post! I'm using my laptop in my brother's room, and I just reread that first post because I loved it so much, and I was so distracted and immersed in this story that I didn't even notice my brother until he had called my attention like three times! This stuff is AMAZING. I have never, ever, EVER been so engrossed in a K/J fic as I have been as this. Awesome, marvelous, stupendous, tremendous!

I know, I'm being redundant and all, but when I come across a story I really like, I just can't help but show it!

Please please please write more! And soon!

EDIT: Oh, and, just to be sure you fully understand how much I like this: I rarely, if ever, write reviews like these. So this fic is special :D

--Den
  18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow.

That's really all I have to say except that this: ?Kyp,? Leia said, coming over to his side and taking his hand. ?Jaina fell in love with you for a reason. I?m sure that even if she never remembers that reason, she?ll find it again.?

He shut his eyes. ?We?re all allowed one miracle, Leia,? he said, sounding tired and defeated. ?Mine was having Jaina love me. I don?t think I have another miracle left to have her love me again.?
    was my favorite part.

Wow.

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  19. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    ::jaw drops::

This story is bloody fantastic! You've got a great plot here that really captures the readers attention! In one of my stories I had Kyp loose his memorry, but he eventually got it back. With yours it sounds like jaina will have to fall in love with Kyp all over again! [face_shocked]

I can't wait to see how this plays out!

More soon please!

EJ
  20. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Keep this alove while you're gone??? Sure!! ;)

OK,everybody out there...READ THIS!!!!!! It's awesome :D

EDIT> WoW!!! [face_shocked] 2000 posts for me... [face_shocked]
  21. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just found this Dev, and it is soooooo well written! hehe, maybe I am in a sappy mood, but I was crying at my keyboard here, because I feel so bad for kyp! :(

Anyway, great job! :D
  23. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  24. AkyeRae Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saber,
    this story is awesome. Seriously, I'm slowly converting to K/J. Or maybe I'll just take Kyp for myself. Here's an Up! for whenever you get back!!

Akye
  25. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    saber this story is so awsome! can't wait for more.

Jez
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.