main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Miracle-- (Post-NJO) K/J- Author Back, with a post, 9 Jan!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SaberBlade, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Thanks for the pm, Saber. That has to be some of the best sibling interacting I've read in a long time. She and Jacen seemed more like the Jaina and Jacen of the past, when they were younger. And since I have to return to my evil Dynamics homework, here's an Up! to keep me going.

-Akye

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    ?I don?t know. It?s a strange feeling. Maybe I keep expecting him to kiss me or something. Not how I feel about you.?

Jacen nearly choked on his chocolate. ?I should hope not.?

hehe, that was funny, and cute. :p :D

Great post, I love the people sitting around talking type, although I can never seem to write them, lol.
    Great job writing them as brother and sister, and I liked the line about how Han still calls Leia "Princess" :)

Oh and by the way, just to let you know, I apologize for not posting on the repost for The Sacred Silence, I just got back to school this week and I have been sooooo busy! But tomarrow and monday I should be going through and doing a marathon post, and posting the last 40 internet pages of it. (which is like 400 in word, lol) so it will be done and you can start the sequel! :D

3. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    ?I don?t know. It?s a strange feeling. Maybe I keep expecting him to kiss me or something. Not how I feel about you.?

Jacen nearly choked on his chocolate. ?I should hope not.?

hehe, that was funny, and cute. :p :D

Great post, I love the people sitting around talking type, although I can never seem to write them, lol.
    Great job writing them as brother and sister, and I liked the line about how Han still calls Leia "Princess" :)

hehe, yea you are right, male behavior should hold in the GFFA,because every guy I ever met seems to think it is his duty to give away his coat. Its rather cute. And I would let Kyp give me his cape any time! ;)

Oh and by the way, just to let you know, I apologize for not posting on the repost for The Sacred Silence, I just got back to school this week and I have been sooooo busy! But tomarrow and monday I should be going through and doing a marathon post, and posting the last 40 internet pages of it. (which is like 400 in word, lol) so it will be done and you can start the sequel! :D

4. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    that was a cool post.

the conversation was actually really good.

i like how Jaina is trying to understand things and how her body remembers things that her mind doesn't

5. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Great one :D

I really loved this post :)The conversation was just perfect...

Jacen's girlfriend,huh??? May I suggest a name??? :) Tahiri :D

*runs away from angry J/TK'ers and A/T'ers*

:p

Thanks for the PM!!!! :D

6. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Jacen has to be dating Tenel Ka, definately Tenel Ka.... The girl has spirit and I really do like her....

7. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Have I already said I liked the posts and deperately wants more?

8. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Great post! I don't know why you'd be surprised that you've made my Watched Users list.. I put the people who have stories I REALLY like, but haven't completed them on my list. I enjoyed the Jaina/Jacen banter you had here. It was really heartwarming to see the twins reconnecting like that. Can't wait for the next update!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

9. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    LOL! That was great! You wrote that conversation between Jaina and Jacen perfectly 8-} Can't wait for more!

EJ

10. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh my holy crap. This is THE BEST written angst I can ever remember reading. Like someone else said, it's...beautiful. The dialogue as well as the descriptions, they just flow in a beautiful, aching, heart-breaking way. Wow. I cried for Kyp, the poor man! There has to be a happy ending here, there just has to be! *sniff*

Wow wow wow. I soooo wish I could write like this.

You have to post more soon! Please? Before I go crazy from wondering and waiting. :)

-Mia

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That was great! Loved the sibling interaction! Who is Jacen dating? ;) 8-}

Is it too soon to ask for more?

12. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    JainaDurron: Thanks! And I have no idea!

Am: I'm relieved... you like talky posts. ::sigh of relief::

AkyeRae: I'm glad it seemed like the old Jacen and Jaina. That's what I'm trying for, since I think that's what Jaina would revert back to. Dynamics homework? What the heck is Dynamics?

Princess1: Thanks! Can you send mea pm when you get the Sacred Silence marathon post up? heeheehee, I like marathon posts. So much story so fast!

padme: Yeah, I like Jaina being confused by her body remembering things... I know next to nothing about real amnesia, but it seems to me that some habits would stick.

Ireth: Suggest girlfriends away...

Lumi: Tenel Ka, eh? hm....

Elfsheen: [face_laugh] Yeah, I think you've said that before, but hey, I adore repetition. hee.

Tahiri Thanks, the banter was fun. All I had to do was think about me and my brother arguing.

EJ: Yeah, sibling interaction is always fun. So much potential for embarrassment.

MiaTieska: You cried? [face_blush] ::passes tissues:: Welcome to the craziness. I'm glad you like my writing!

JJD: Yay sibling interaction!

---

WOW! A lot of you liked that one line from Jacen, and you also liked the sibling interaction. ::does a happy dance:: YAY!!

On the subject of Jacen's girlfriend:

I have no idea who she is. I know, I know, I pulled this with Broken, and I'm doing it again. All I know is that it's not Tahiri, because I have plans for her that I can blame on JainaDurron (which gives it away to those of you who adore JainaDurron's fics as much as I do). That bit's going to be amusing, let me tell you now.

So, Jacen's girlfriend is currently anonymous. She might figure in later, but I'm really not sure. The story's going to start going away from Jacen soon.

On that note, post in a few minutes!

-Saber

13. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    See? Much more prompt than the last couple of posts.

---

When Kyp opened the door, the first thing he noticed was the silence. It was unsettling; Han and Leia?s apartment was not the place to go for quiet relaxation. It was the place to go laugh and banter with friends, the place for competitive mock-fights and verbal spars, the place where informality and friendship reigned.

It was almost never quiet.

He shut the door behind him and moved into the living room. From there, he caught faint voices, and moved in their direction. They led him to the guest room, where he supposed Jaina was staying.

Jaina sat, legs crossed, in the center of her bed, with holos strewn around her. Han was leaning against the bed, reaching over her shoulder to point at a specific holo.

?That?s from a few years ago,? he said as Kyp paused, unnoticed, in the doorway. ?That?s Tahiri and you and Harrar on Sekot.?

?And Tahiri and Harrar are still there now,? Jaina said firmly.

?That?s right. Harrar?s that crazy priest of the Trickster Goddess who you actually get along with, for some reason.? Han shook his head. ?You two went off for a long talk a couple weeks after Shimmra was killed, and the two of you come back best buddies and having long philosophical discussions.?

?About what??

?I don?t know,? Han said.

?The nature of the gods,? Kyp said, and had the satisfaction of watching both father and daughter?s heads snap up in surprise. ?Just because you have your shields up, Goddess, doesn?t mean you should completely cut yourself off. You should have been able to sense me.?

Her mouth made a little O and she colored lightly, but he sensed some of her shields lifting. She reached out through the Force and tapped his mind gently in greeting. ?You?re right; I?m sorry,? she said. ?Nature of the gods??

He smiled and moved into the room. He came over to the bed, on the opposite side of Han, and peered at the picture. ?He never believed that you were actually Yun-Harla. Well, he never admitted to believing it. But most of the Yuuzhan Vong did, and some still do. What he?s settled on is that you?re an avatar of his goddess, and you don?t think you are since you don?t really believe that their gods exist in the first place. So the two of you argue whether or not an avatar needs to be willing in order for a goddess to work through her.? He shook his head. ?I didn?t know you had this holo. Harrar doesn?t like holos; none of the Vong do. Technology is bad enough, but they think that a holo steals part of their being.?

?Tahiri?s working on Harrar,? Han informed him. ?He?s doing much better.?

?I guess.? Kyp glanced at the other holos. All of them were from after the war ended, mostly pictures of people he recognized. Himself, Jag, Tahiri, Jacen, Tenel Ka, Lowie, General Darklighter, Wedge Antilles, Zekk, even Ta?a Chume, Droma and Shawnkyr. ?Where?s Leia and Jacen??

Han shrugged. ?Off being diplomatic, I think. With those two, I?m clueless. You,? he said to Jaina, ?you I understand.?

She smiled at him. ?Glad to know I can help, Dad.? Then she looked up at Kyp. ?You?re early.?

?I?ve been ordered to bring you up into Starfighter Command,? he said, and watched her tense. ?Darklighter wants to talk with you. They?ve found out some things about that ambush that they think could be trouble, and want to go over some things with you. I told him about the memory loss,? he added. ?And he got all concerned and I?m supposed to pass on that if there?s anything he can do to help, just let him know. But then he got all serious again and said that you?re to act as though you remember everything.?

?Why-? Jaina began, then held up her hand and stopped herself. ?No, because that way whoever attacked us doesn?t know how badly I?m hurt. Makes sense. But how am I going to pull it off? I assume I?ve been to Command before and would actually know some of the people there??

Kyp nodded. ?That?s why I?m coming with you.? We?ve got a Force-bond. I can prompt you a bit

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Indeed, the plot thickens! Very nice Kyp and Jaina bonding there!

Is this going to be a larger story than you first thought? It seems to be expanding post by post (not that I?m complaining ;)). I?m just curious about how much a story runs away with you when you get going.

In any case, great post! I enjoyed it, as always.

Am [face_love]

15. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Oooooo great post! Loved Jaina's surprise about the force bond she and kyp share, as well as the "good kisser" line. Those were very cute. :)

Anyway, of course I'll pm you when I get the marathon post up, I got a smaller one up last night, and should be getting a big chunk up tonight, and the last of it tomarrow. :)

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    All I know is that it's not Tahiri, because I have plans for her that I can blame on JainaDurron (which gives it away to those of you who adore JainaDurron's fics as much as I do). That gives WAAAAAAAY too much away, Saber! 8-} I now have the entire plot of the story figured out. ;)

Han shrugged. ?Off being diplomatic, I think. With those two, I?m clueless. You,? he said to Jaina, ?you I understand.? Cute!

He sighed and leaned against the wall. ?I just really hope Darklighter has one of those vaping ambushers in his office so I can beat the hell out of him.?

?Good luck,? Han said seriously. ?If, by any chance, Darklighter does leave you alone with the ambusher for a while, knock him around a bit for me, will you??

?I?ll bring back a piece of him for you, how?s that??
    Totally believable Han and Kyp banter!

?You don?t remember much, do you?? Han muttered as the two of them left. My favorite line!

?And he said that Jedi of yours is allowed in also. So how much longer do I have to persuade you to marry me and not him?? Cute little bit there...

Great post!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

17. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *sits up straight* THAT WAS SOOO GOOD!!! I loved the Jacen/Jaina post. Please tell me that you're going to have him answer that question. I really want to see her reaction. hehehehe. Kyp is such a sweet heart.

He deflated. ?Oh. Hm, let?s see, what do I have to offer... I?m an excellent kisser,? he offered hopefully.

Jaina only laughed. ?So?s he.? She glanced at him out of the corner of his eyes.
    Or so I assume.

He managed to keep a straight face. You never complained before.

I love it that was sooo great!!! I Abosolutely love it!! Updates for your other works soon??

Fireyforce

18. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    I know who's gonna be Tahiri's boyfriend!!!!! [face_mischief] And I like that pairing too... ;)

Great one,Kyppie is so helpful... *sighs* Can you believe I didn't know anything about Durron before meeting AD??? Shame on me!!!!! [face_blush] But now I'm on the right way... ;) The way that leads to Kyp!!!!! :p

Thanks for the PM :D

I know you just posted this one,but can I ask for more soon??? :)

19. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Very cute. i like the little jokes you put in there.

"Is it too soon to ask for more?"

Jez

20. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I just really hope Darklighter has one of those vaping ambushers in his office so I can beat the hell out of him.

So un-Jedi like of Kyp.

And by the way, when/how did Zomana Sekot/Vong/Tahiri/Harrar return to known space?

21. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Yay, another post! The plot is thickening very well. This is definitely getting better and more complicated with each post, I love it.

I've always wondered how people with amnesia function, but Force bonds work wonders, LOL. I loved the part with Griggs, especially: Panic flooded Jaina?s thoughts.

Joke, Kyp said firmly. Definitely a joke.

Ha. I so know that panic thing, and Kyp's response made me laugh...to me it almost seemed like he's still trying to convince himself that it really is a joke and Griggs really isn't in love with her.

Wonderful post! More soon?

-Mia

22. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    All I know is that it's not Tahiri, because I have plans for her that I can blame on JainaDurron (which gives it away to those of you who adore JainaDurron's fics as much as I do). That bit's going to be amusing, let me tell you now.

YES!!!!!!! :D :D :D Hehehehehehehehehehehe. I am so waiting to see how you write that Saber. I can't wait! :D

BTW, fantastic post, the Kyp/Jaina interaction was perfect. :D

~~Jilly

23. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Interesting. Very interesting. Very cool plot twist, Saber. If I wasn't hooked before (which I was), I would definitely be now. Excellent post. Here's an Up!! for good measure. :)
    Oh Dynamics, lovely class. It's a mechanical eningeering class that covers how objects move and the physics behind it. Velocity, acceleration, moments of Inertia, things like that. It's one of the prerecs for my major.

-Akye

24. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Oh how I love this story!! Great K/J interaction, great scene with Darklighter (I always seem to laugh at his name). This story just keeps getting better and better!! Can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

25. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh Poor Kyp :( Every post I feel mroe and more sorry for him :(

More soon please!

EJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.