main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Miracle-- (Post-NJO) K/J- Author Back, with a post, 9 Jan!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SaberBlade, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    UP
    UPUP
    UPUPUP
    UPUPUPUP
    UPUPUPUPUP
    UPUPUPUPUPUP
    UPUPUPUPUPUPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP
    UPUP

MoRe SoOn!!

2. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Bet you all thought that I had fallen off the face of the earth, right?

As proof that I have not, please enjoy a post...

:-D And thanks for still waiting for me to update this! It really means a lot to me!

---

The Sekotan transport ship didn?t really have a hangar bay? at least not in the usual sense. One of the large membrane-like viewports on the transport instead seemed to dilate like a giant eye, and Kyp deftly spun Stubborn into the opening. Jaina?s X-wing followed just behind him, somehow out of place, mechanical and foreign, into the living space.

He set Stubborn down gently. The Sekotan fighter seemed eager to be within the transport, and the shut-down sequence took even less time than normal to complete. It was as if the fighter was eager to once more be connected back to a proper living transport. Kyp stroked Stubborn?s side as he exited, and started toward Jaina?s X-wing. She was just finishing her own landing protocol as he reached her.

She pulled off her helmet as her canopy began to lift. Her hair was matted close to her head, untidy and flat from being contained for so long. But her hands were quick and sure as she set in the final code, and her eyes when she glanced at him were bright and alert.

?Hey Goddess,? he called up to her. ?You okay??

Jaina gave him a look? not quite a scowl, not quite a smirk, neither angry nor joyful, and full of something very akin to amusement. ?Yeah, sure,? she said, heaving herself to her feet and stretching. ?All good.?

?So,? he continued, as she stepped out of the cockpit and up onto the nose of the X-wing. ?Did the thinking help?? She hadn?t reached out to him once during the four-day flight, and he hadn?t sensed any extreme emotion from her, positive or negative.

She grinned down at him. ?Sort of.?

Kyp moved along the side of the X-wing, following her down the ship. ?Want to explain that one?? he asked.

Jaina stopped at the edge of the X-wing. ?Want to catch me??

In response, he held out his arms. She dropped down to land barely in front of him, using his shoulders as support to steady herself before simply sliding a half-step forward to wrap her arms around him.

?Poor Kyp,? Jaina said, voice muffled by his shoulder. ?Worried about me??

Recognizing the laughter in her voice, Kyp let himself relax a bit. ?Always,? he teased her back. ?You seem to attract trouble.?

?Hm,? she said, pulling back from him a bit? enough so that he could see her eyes dancing with laughter. ?Well, you?re trouble, and you seem to like me, so??

He shut her up with a quick kiss. ?You?re in a good mood,? he said, smiling back at her when he pulled away. ?Things went well, then??

That wry half-scowl half-smirk was back, and Kyp finally identified the emotion behind it as exasperation, directed toward herself. ?Yes and no.?

He sighed, but he wasn?t really upset with her. ?You?re really stuck being cryptic today, aren?t you??

She slid around to stand beside him. ?Comes with being the Trickster-Goddess, and all that. And no, I?m not trying to annoy you, I?m just trying to figure out how to put all of this into words.?

He kept his arm slung over her shoulder as they both turned toward the arching entrance into the rest of the transport ship. ?Fair enough. Where is everyone??

Jaina glanced around the area, and then reached out with the Force. ?Tahiri?s near, I think,? she said after a minute. ?And I think... yeah. She?s trying to hide something.?

Kyp couldn?t keep his chuckle silent. ?And where would Jag be in that thought of hers??

Jaina laughed with him. ?Surprisingly absent, actually. Which means she?s plotting something. Watch your back.?

?Oh, rest assured, Tahiri?s not a threat to be taken lightly.? Just as he spoke, Tahiri rounded the corner ahead of them, two Vong at her heels and Jag and Danni, both looking rather hassled, behind them.

?So have you had enough time out in those cramped little fighters?? Tahiri asked, continuing towards them.

Jaina raised

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmmm, Jaina's enjoying deity... Awesome post. I like that she's not afraid of it any more--she's healing.

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie Beth. :D

~~Jilly

5. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Welcome back! It must feel so nice to get to post after so long. I'm still waiting for time AND inspiration to be kind to me, but I don't see it happening before the end of the Semester From Hell . . .

I love how you showed Jaina's acceptance of her memory loss . . . especially in the way that after she had accepted it, it still took some further thinking for her to realize that she had. Very nice.

Oh, and blushing Tahiri . . . tee hee. . .I love that pairing :D

Noticed two little things . . .

You referred to the Yuuzhan Vong language as "Vong" instead of Yuuzhan Vong, and Kyp says something "drily" instead of dryly . . .

Again, welcome back. Faithfully awaiting the next post :D

~Abby~

6. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Yay, a new post! :D

I'm glad Jaina's finally accepting what happened to her, and you wrote how she feels about that very well. :) She and Kyp are sweet, as usual.

Great post, and welcome back!

7. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Yay!!! A new post [face_dancing] I think it's great that Jaina's coming to terms with what happened to her and that she's starting to accept her losses and move on. As always, I can't wait for your next post! :) I love this story [face_love]

~Goddess Jaina~

8. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    YAY!!!! Saber's back! [face_dancing] Spring is in the air, birds are a chirpin, love is blossoming, bunnies are multiplying......and Saber's posting! What more could anyone ask for? (Well, I'm sure Lead will ask for more, but :p )

Admit it, you weren't really away being overwhelmed by DRL, you were really writing this and just couldn't find the time to post it, because you don't seem to have missed a beat at all. You picked this up right where you left it and it's meshed perfectly.

I'm really enjoying this, like always, but now that they are on the way to the wedding and Jaina is accepting her "holes", I'm finding that I'm satisfied with where you've gone. Of course I'll be heartbroken when you DO finally end it all but I can always go back and read it all over again, can't I? ;)

Well, hope DRL lets you get a bit more of this out....until next post....

Ro

9. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *adds another mark to the "times Saber has updated while Cati hasn't" list*

Wonderful, as always. <3

Jaina's not afraid anymore... aw. It makes me fangirl-squee. ^_^

10. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Great job, B. :) It's nice to see you around again. :)

11. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *drops in shock* a post! Sorry things have been so hectic for you. Hope that they're starting to lighten up. I loved the post. New Vong rituals huh? interesting. Glad that Jaina is starting to accept things, perhaps more memories will find they're way back now that Jaina isn't looking for them.

Fireyforce

12. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, yay! A new post! :D

I'm glad Jaina's doing better. :D

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post! Loved him catchin gher and saying she attracts trouble and her calling him that, LOL! Love the end of the post too! SOO glad this was updated again!!! :D

Can't wait for more!

14. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    Awesome!!! So glad you finally got somehting up!
    Keep up the good work, and great job with having Jaina accept everything!

15. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Ah! it's been so long since I've been around this place and I come back and the first thing I do is check this story :p

And there were updates!!!

Absolutely marvolous darling, spiffing ;) I read the whole thing back through again (as I haven't read it for a good 4 months) and got all mushy at the same parts as before :p

Anyway, bravo! I'm so glad that you're still working on this story. I should follow your example and work on my own....riiiiiight... ;)

Great job! I look forward to more!

EJ

16. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow, an update, wish I had known sooner.

Anyway, it's good. :)

~Reva

17. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    I'm not dead, I swear... Finals are coming, so hope for a stress-relief update at some point. Thanks for being so patient!

-Saber

18. Ishivanah

Ishivanah Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Please post again soon. I have just love this story! keep up the great work. The vivid imagery and unique ideas for plot are very well throught out.
    Please keep writing.
    Ishi

19. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just found this story. I love it. pleeeeeeeeeeeeese finish it.

20. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    okay, patience is now completely gone........

MORE SOON!

21. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Just finished a marathon read!! :D

UP!!!!!

Good luck with your papers/exams/yadda, and I'll be waiting for that post. . . :)

22. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    I'm so behind. I just read the first two posts, by the way.

I think you've got a new fan in me.

I've got to go now, but I must say that what I've read is so totally awesome!

I come back and read, hopefully tomorrow.

~Jaya~

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! that can't be all! and what is this doing buried so deep? thsi is incredible!

24. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    This is a very moving story: Pleeeeaaaaase don't stop writing it! I want to find out what happens! I just found it and I got to the last post and was like, "Where's the ending??!!" But I just wanted you to know how much I've loved it so far! Keep up the good work!:)

25. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    *meep!* Wow, found this at FF.net and had to come here to see if it was complete. I would suggest finishing it here, and there! Its absolutly wonderful and ...er "up" I'm not sure what that means yet, but it seems really really good! so UP! Please update soon!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.