main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Miracle-- (Post-NJO) K/J- Author Back, with a post, 9 Jan!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SaberBlade, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOOHOO!!! This post is dedicated to ME!! *throws confetti in the air and dances around* Happy 1000 Posts!!! LMAO!! Completely AWESOME!! Kyp's an idiot to think that Jaina wouldn't love him. ARGH! Why does he have to be so frustrating?!?! But we all still love him. *sigh* must be the eyes. Can't wait for more!!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

2. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i don't think Kyp is out of character.

sometimes he is written with this side showing. his iner side. if you know anyone who is the same both inside and out then let me know please.

in my opinion Kyp presents this rouge atitude to protect himself from more heart break. it makes sense for his mind to be going through all the things you have written. and if Kyp truly loves Jaina then it makes more sense for him to do anything to make her happy then be selfish in this circumstance.

as for Jaina thinking in this fic i don't think we can get enough of her thoughts cause they are so funny.

just some words from a fan :)

3. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! No not Captin Cardboard!! Anything but him! Zekk, she has questions about him and he won't steal her away from Kyp! Please don't let Kyp loose her!!! *cries*

Fireyforce

4. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    :( Oh my... :_|

very emotional post there...Poor Kyp...you serioulsy can't put him through all this and have her go with Jag. that would just be WRONG...

:mad: WRONG i tell you, WRONG! :mad:

but hey, you're the author...

::salutes::

Do what you need to...

EJ

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post, Saber. I have no fears of Jag stealing Jaina, because I know what hint you dropped as to Jag's love interest, and also I know how die-hard K/J you are. :D

~~Jilly

6. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    And again....

---

The expression on Jaina?s face as she approached her X-wing was more than enough to make up for her incessant questions on where he was taking her.

?This is mine?? she asked, eyes glowing with awe.

Kyp reached a hand up and trailed it along the sleek belly of the snubfighter. ?This is yours,? he confirmed.

Jaina gave a small, quickly muffled shriek of joy, and darted ahead of him. She seemed intent on discovering every last scratch and nick on her ship; she exclaimed over scorch marks and dents, touched the wires hanging out of the landing struts, and seemed incredulous at the amount of kills painted on the side.

Kyp drank in her happiness, enjoying her obvious delight. Part of him was storing this up, pessimistically certain that it would be the last time he could make her eyes light up with joy. But most of him was simply enjoying the outing. Around Jaina, it was hard to brood. Her presence kept him firmly rooted in the present, where she was. Only when she was absent did Kyp return to his habitual distance from the world.

And she was all too present now, practically bubbling over as she circled her ship. ?Mine,? she whispered again, grin stretching wide. She turned back to him. ?Can I fly today??

He grinned back at her. ?I cleared it with Control,? he informed her.

Jaina laughed before she could help it and flung herself into his arms. ?Thank you, thank you, thank you,? she chanted, wrapping her arms around him in a brief and tight hug. She pulled away. ?Will you fly out with me so I don?t get lost??

Kyp reluctantly stepped away from her, and pointed. ?That?s mine,? he said, and had the satisfaction of seeing her jaw drop.

She studied his ship for a long minute, then asked, ?A Sekotan fighter? Like what Jacen was talking about??

?Yeah,? Kyp said, and moved towards the ship, Jaina hurrying beside him. ?She?s called Stubborn.?

Jaina laughed again and came to a stop before the Sekotan ship. ?Let me guess? you named her.?

Kyp?s lips twisted into a wry smile. ?I think it was a mutual decision referring to both of us.?

?I don?t doubt it,? she murmured, and hesitantly placed her hand against Stubborn?s glowing green skin. Stubborn recognized her and the skin seemed to shift under Jaina?s hand, a fitful shudder that had Jaina gasping and pulling her hand back.

?No, wait,? Kyp said, and put his own hand on Stubborn?s side. ?Give her a minute to say hello.?

With his hand touching Stubborn, the weak telepathic link between pilot and ship flared to life. Stubborn wasn?t quite a voice in the Force, but her emotions were clear. Welcome, friendship, recognition, questions? ?Try again, Jaina.?

Jaina?s smaller hand reached up once more and gently pressed against the ship. Stubborn considered for a moment, then recognition came and the welcome. Not that Jaina could feel it; she hadn?t bonded with Stubborn, and Stubborn wasn?t her ship. But over the years, the two had come in contact often enough for Stubborn to recognize her.

Jaina laughed. ?She?s soft.?

Kyp stroked the ship and finally released her. ?We?ll follow you out,? he told Jaina. He jerked his head toward her X-wing. ?Let?s see how much your body still remembers.?

-

Jaina settled into the cockpit a bit uneasily. She?d crashed this same X-wing a week ago, losing ten years along the way. It was a miracle that the techs had managed to get it into flying condition, but as she had climbed the access ladder, the tech lowering her astromech droid had assured her that it was spaceworthy again.

?Just don?t try another landing like that last one, Commander,? he?d said cheerfully, tentacles waving at her.

She wished she could remember his name. ?Don?t worry, I won?t,? she muttered, and his tentacles had gone into fits and spasms she thought meant he was laughing.

?Give Durron a good chase,? he?d called over his shoulder, wheeling the ladder back. ?You let him catch you awful fast last time.?

So they?d done this before. That

7. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    hehe, good point, Kyp is rather attractive ALL the time, not just when he's jealous. attractive sitting, attractive fighting, attractive walking, uh.....yea. ;)

Lol, anyway, to comment on the posts......THEY KISSED!!!!!!!!! THEY KISSED!!!!!!! :D

And poor Kyp, he better not do anything stupid like leave in order to leave Jag and Jaina "together" Grrrrrr!!!!!
    lol, okay, I will calm down now.

But seriously, poor Kyp.

Tell jaina just to marry the guy, for his kisses if nothing else. I would. ;)

Anyway, I don't think Kyp was acting the least bit out of character, I have always firmly believed that he is one great big romantic who feels everything very deeply, and thats why he presents the hard, rogueish facade to the world, to protect that depth of feeling, because he feels all things, love, and hurt very much.

Anyway, that was my tangent on Kyp. :D

Thank so much for letting me know about the updates, that way I don't miss a one! :D

hehe, two post in a night, your muses must be co-operating! I love it when mine do that. :D lol

8. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Yet another great post, get that third up would ya? :p

~~Jilly

9. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Wow. this is wonderful. when is that third getting here?

Jez

10. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Excellent posts!! And two. With the possibity of a third. You're too good to us, Saber. And Kyp wasn't out of character in the first one. It was perfect. Jaina flying. Man, I wish I could fly. If I could grow a little bit more, I'd be tall enough. Thanks for the pm's.

-Akye

11. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    And here's the third post... and the infamous Jaina/Jag breakup conversation! heeheehee....

---

She stood alone in the hanger bay, watching as the strange ship? a clawcraft, her father had told her, that?s what the Chiss fighters were called? landed. She was nervous. This was the first time she?d meet a person from those ten years that she hadn?t actually known before. Jagged Fel was a complete stranger to her, and yet he was intrinsically woven through her life.

Not for the first time, Jaina swore to herself and wished none of this had happened. Life would be much simpler.

The access hatch opened, and the pilot pulled himself up out of the ball-shaped cockpit. He balanced easily on the top of his craft, unfastened his helmet and tossed it down into the ship. Jagged Fel? it could be no one else? jumped down to the hanger bay and started toward her.

Jaina forced her legs to move and walked toward him, soaking up first impressions. About as tall as Kyp, with the same lean build and compact muscles of a pilot. Dark hair with a streak of white running through it; as he got closer, she could make out the scar that caused it and the warm green eyes. He wore an Imperial-style flight suit, and looked undeniably crisp.

But the physical she had seen already in holos. Handsome, definitely, and Jaina admitted without amusement that she seemed to fall for dark-haired pilots with green eyes. Zekk, Kyp, Jagged... She wondered vaguely if there were more similarities between the three than simply met the eye, and stored that thought away for later. Instead, she focused on her emotions.

A vague sense of friendship, and a tug of attraction? those were easily obvious. But beneath them was a sense of solid strength: loyalty, honor, courage.

Part of her relaxed. She was safe with him.

They stopped in the middle of the hanger bay, standing about a foot apart. Jag smiled then, and held out a hand. ?Jagged Fel,? he said. ?But I suppose since you?re here, you know that much.?

She smiled, threw caution to the wind, and ignored his hand to step forward and hug him. ?I know a bit,? she agreed, stepping back. ?Kyp said you?d agreed to come out and talk with me.?

?Sure.? Jag hesitated. ?Do you remember the botanicals about a kilometer from here??

Jaina shook her head.

?It?s a quiet public garden,? he informed her. ?We usually go there to talk.? He offered her his arm as though they were in a formal court. ?Shall we??

She accepted it. ?How were you able to get here so fast?? she asked as they moved through the hanger.

Jagged smiled. ?I was barely out of the system,? he said. ?I was already planning on being here for your wedding, and since my uncle lives here as well, I thought I?d visit him and spend some time with my cousins beforehand. Then Kyp notified me of your injuries, and I knew you?d want to talk with me.? He gave her a sidelong glance as they entered the hallway. ?And yes, I know I?m not officially supposed to know about them.?

?Good.? Jaina didn?t want her memory loss to become public; not ever, if she could help it. ?My mother said you?re a diplomat now.?

He groaned. ?Unfortunately, I was talked into becoming the liaison for the Chiss to the Alliance. I got a little too good at it? they?re not letting me retire.?

She snickered. ?That?s the danger of entering politics.?

He slid his arm from hers to gently knock his fist against her shoulder. ?Watch it, Great One. I?ve got diplomatic immunity.?

Yes, she believed she had been friends with this man. His arm settled comfortably around her shoulders and she questioned him on safe topics as they made their way into the street and toward the botanical garden. His family was doing well, and his uncle had invited her to dinner with them that night. Yes, he was still a Colonel; no, he hadn?t been home to Csilla for a few years. It was polite conversation and somewhat stilted, and as Jag held the door open for her, Jaina asked him, ?Are you always this formal??

To her sur

12. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *giddy over the post* I love it! Hehehehehe! He called out Tahiri's name?! Okay where is she?! *drags Tahiri over to Jag*

The talk was fantastic. I loved it!

~~Jilly

13. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    LOLOL!! I had to read that twice just make sure I'd read it. They used the wrong names! That was great, Saber.

-Akye

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *bounces* They DID it! They kissed! Twas very sweet but the end was heartbreaking...*shakes Kyppie* It was NOT goodbye!

Dang Jaina's a braver woman than me, chasing after Jag to ask why they broke up! LOVED how she asked HIM why she never told Kyp he didn't need to be jealous, his reaction was perfect. You write Jag well, I think I'll have to go chase him down... ;)

15. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    *Jez dies laughing* Funniest. post. ever.

Jez

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Awesome posts! I wish I had a pound of the inspiration you had tonight. Mr. Muse must have come knocking on your door and stayed with you for a while. But I?m definitely not complaining :D.

I?m so glad that Jaina managed to find out why she broke it off with Jag. I?m amazed how friendly they are with one another. It?s nice how they were able to overcome a rough past and form such bonds.

And yes, a gentle K/J kiss! Watch out, Kyp, Jaina is going to set the record straight and tell you where you stand! ;)

Am [face_love]

17. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003

Oh, the two.. both saying someone else's name..; tsk tsk tsk.. you should never do that... *chuckling*

oh my *rolls eyes* why... why hasn't Jag made a move on Tahiri... it's beel.. let's see two three years already... when's he going to talk to her, when they're both dead or what?

*grinning*

18. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Look what happens when I go off to sleep!!!!!! Three posts up!!!!!! Stupid time zones!!!! :mad:

Anyway,I enjoyed them all very much...Kyp is lovely,as always,and the reason why Jaina and Jag broke up is just hilarious... [face_laugh]

Now,go and get Tahiri... ;)

Geez...I'm late for school!!!!! [face_shocked]

19. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ah gotta love tose posts! Excellent!

20. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I started readin this on FF.net. Boy was I glad to come here and discover more posts! Post more soon please! I'm soo enjoying this!

21. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    I definately agree about the stupid time zones. *grumbles* SABER!! Those were GREAT posts!! I loved the interaction between Zero-One and Jaina and the kiss *swoons* that was great!! I swear that my face turned bright red from laughter at Jag's confession of why they split. But I'm assuming that's what you had planned. It worked! Can't wait for more!! This story is coming along rather quickly. Now, would you mind sending that muse my way? I could use it. LOL!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

22. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    THAT WAS SO COOL

Jaina calling Jag Kyp i love it n=but i hate it cause it insults Kyp at the same time.

that was very cool i love the embarrassed parts.

23. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That was great!

But, OMG they must have been so embarressed when they said the wrong names!

I liked Jaina's line though, about how Jag at least looked a little like Kyp, lol.

Great post, and Jag better make a move on Tahiri now!

And Jaina make a move on kyp.....

hehe, fiction match maker am I. ;)

24. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh bravo! veyr well done 8-} gotta love the droid :D

More soon!

EJ

25. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    OH MY!!! That was arguably the best post ever! (Well, next to all the other ones, that is... lol) I am ASTOUNDED! You never cease to amaze me, Saber. I mean, really! That post was simply... wow. It was hilarious! And Jag's so nice to her, right in character just as Jaina is, just as everyone is, which is why I'm so engrossed into this story. Amazing stuff.

This is great. We're learning so many things about Jaina's past ten years just as she is. I think that's what makes this story so wonderful. Next to your marvelous writing skills, of course. :D

And I really, really love how you don't post so little at a time. I get really ticked at authors who do that, so, yeah, I do appreciate that :)

More soon? PLEASE?

--Den

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.