main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mirax Terrik Horn Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kelly, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSolo1

JoeSolo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    Ok... I have come back to post here. Decided to get active in all my fan clubs again.
    Read more of Mirax, as I read more of NJO, and she has become cooler and cooler.

Joe Solo

2. Imoen

Imoen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2002
    I'd love to join in! Ever since I read about Mirax she's been one of my favorite characters. :)

I was disappointed when the x-wing series books (which I'm now reading) left off Rogue Squadron in further books and started with Wraith squadron. I'm currently on book 7:Solo Command, does anyone remember if Mirax and the Rogues return to the story in later books?

3. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Imoen, Mirax will be in Isard's Revenge, which is X-wing 8 and about the Rogues, written by Stackpole again.

Is it just me, or is I, Jedi one of the most romantic books? Mirax is definitely one lucky woman to have a guy who would do all of that for her.

4. Imoen

Imoen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2002
    Thanks for the info Kelly.

I, Jedi does have more romance than the average SW book... Though I think the Courtship of Princess Leia would take the prize.

5. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    personally i've only been a mirax fan for a couple months. I loved her in the rouge squadron books. Is she in any of the NJO books? besides the dark tide ones?

6. Raithe

Raithe Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003
    No she's not I don't think, which is a shame because she's a cool character.

7. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a little while since I've read it, but didn't she show up very briefly in Rebel Dream? I also think she was in the second one of Keyes's books. Seems I remember a reference that she was happy to see Booster and Corran agreeing on something, and I thought it was in that book.

8. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I think you are right, Kelly. I believe she was in Conquest briefly. At least I think it was Conquest; that would make sense because Corran plays a role in that one. I'd have to check though to be sure.

9. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    She is referred to but does not have an active role but I hope that they will address that in future books.

10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I have been thinking about doing a vignette on some of my favorite characters and when I get ambitious, I will write the Mara/Mirrax story I have been thinking about for a long time.

11. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Oh yes, please, marajoan, write that! :) And reg. the current topic, I wish Mirax got more screen time in the NJO. Especially in the form of "time with her husband" - I love Corran/Mirax mush.

12. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Mirax was in SbS too, wasn't she. When the Venture came blasting in to the Eclipse, and Corran wanted to go up there and protect them.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    He was trying to save the children more than Mirrax and I don't know whether she was there. They were together when they were being chased by the voxyn on Corellia early in the book.

14. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    You're right, Marajoan. She was in SbS. I totally forgot until you mentioned it. Booster had to dump all the Jedi kids because the Vong were after him/them, and the kids were all floating around in a war zone in pods. Corran flew to his X-wing and was demanding that Luke let him go out to his kids. When Luke refused, Mirax got on Luke, saying more or less that he wouldn't be so blase if it was his kid. Aside from that scene, I don't know if she did much else, besides accompany Corran when he was fleeing from voxyn earlier in the book.

15. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks for your input, Kelly.

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Where is everybody?

17. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Well, don't know where the others are ;) , but I'm here. ;) :)

If no one else has a topic they want to discuss, I'd like to suggest one: What would Mirax be like if she was Force sensitive? I guess the simple answer is "like Mara Jade" ;) :p , but maybe we can elaborate, mmh? :)

18. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    She would be tougher than Mara Jade. She is a handful without the force. Corran would never be able to handle her and their kids would be awesome.

19. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Never gave much thought to Mirax having the Force, but here's a subtopic that this topic made me think of. Maybe not even really a subtopic, but more just a thought that's crossed my mind more than once that might lead to discussion.

What would it be like for a non-Force sensitive parent to try to raise a Force sensitive child? My mind keeps imagining little Valin wanting a cookie, Mirax saying no, Valin waving his hand and saying, "You want to give me a cookie," Mirax doing so, and then Corran coming home, finding out what happened, and really tying into Valin. Then again, those Force tricks are supposed to only work on the weak-minded, which Mirax most definitely is not. Anyway, just a thought. Discuss if you'd like.

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    In the case of Valin, he, like his father, is lacking in ability in the area of telekinesis. He might be able to convince her that she wants to give him a cookie.

21. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I think that he is as lacking as his father so it could be interesting.

22. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    I think Valin is a noble youth and would never do that to his mother, which I doubt he could anyway. I also believe that the punishment that would come from his mother finding out that he did that to her would not be worth the cookie. :D

23. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    I recentley joined the Corran Horn Fan Club, so it's only natural that I join this one too. :D I'm re-reading the X-Wing series. Both Corran and Mirax are great in those books, and they were excellent together in I, Jedi. May the Horn name live forever!

24. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Hi, Corran10584! :)

Hmm...if Mirax had Force powers, I would not want to cross her. Not that I'd want to cross her as she is....but Force powers would only serve to make her even more fearful. I'd run. Far away. 8-}

As for raising a Force-sensitive child and not being Force-sensitive yourself, I bet it would be difficult. Once you learned how to deal with them, though, it would be easy. You'd just have to learn some different skills and tricks. I wonder if Han gave Mirax some tips? After all, he had to raise three of the little buggers. 8-}

25. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm sure that Han would have plenty to say on the subject. I think he is better with Ben.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.