main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mirror Mirror [UPDATE 9/15/03 :Chapter 4] SW/Indy crossover [ATTENTION!: Want more? Post Now!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ShrunkenJedi, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I just couldn't resist, ok?!

Mirror Mirror
    Comedy, probably AU, and of course cross-series.
    Characters: Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa
    Time Period: On the Star Wars end, this starts between episodes 4 and 5, on the Falcon flying to Hoth. In the Indiana Jones world, this starts when Indy is about to dig for the Ark of the Covenant during Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS AND I AM NOT PROFITING IN ANY WAY FROM THEM. All of the credit for that goes to George Lucas and crew. (And special mention, I think, should go to Harrison Ford for portraying both Han and Indy, giving me such inspiration!).

-Chapter 1-

Han Solo looked in the mirror of his ?fresher, sporting his trademark lopsided grin in an effort to check his teeth. He was about to grab the dentofresh, when he noticed that his image in the mirror:
    1. was not wearing the clothes he was
    2. was not quite following his movements
    3. was backed by a different room than the ?fresher on the Milennium Falcon.
    What was he doing in that yellowed, dirt-stained and tattered old shirt? And why did it look like he was in a tent? At least his image in the mirror looked as confused as he felt. That comforting fact changed, however, when his image spoke.
    ?What on Earth?? Han didn?t even know any planet named ?Earth?. His image started touching the glass, looking around the edge, apparently in an effort to examine it. Then it turned back to Han and said, ?Who are you??
    ?Han Solo, of course, pilot of the Milennium Falcon! If you,? he said, pointing at the mirror, ?Aren?t me, then who are you??
    ?Dr. Indiana Jones. I?m an archaeologist.?, the man said, scratching his chin pensively. Well, that explained the tent and the tattered clothes. ?I don?t suppose you have any more idea about how this happened than I do.?
    ??No, I don?t. Although enough weird stuff has happened to me since I took this gig, I shouldn?t be surprised.?
    ?You ever been chased by Nazis, nearly drowned, starved and julienned? Try it sometime.?Nazis?
    ?Now wait just a minute here, let?s get one thing straight. I?ve been in just about every sticky situation it?s possible to get into with a starship.?
    ?Starship??, said Jones.
    ?Nazis??, Han said.

Han Solo and Indiana Jones both looked at each other, and said to each other, ?What the hell is going on here??
    ?Meet you back here in 10??, Han said.
    ?At the mirror in ten minutes, right,? Indy replied, and then vanished from the scene. This is really going to freak Luke out, Han thought. Poor kid?s been through enough already. I better tell him though: this whole thing reeks of hocus-pocus and hokey religion. He?ll want to know.
    Before Han could go seeking him out, though, Luke appeared in the hall outside the Falcon?s one ?fresher in a soft brown robe with a can of autoshave gel in hand. A picture flashed in Han?s mind of Luke with a beard; It seemed ludicrous: the kid didn?t even look like he needs to shave more than once a week.
    ?You?ll never guess what just happened,? Han said, staring at the wall behind Luke?s head.
    ?What now? Don?t tell me, Vader killed your father too. Better yet, he is your father??
    ?No, I patented the phrase, ?watch out, kid, or you?ll find yourself floating home?, and I?m giving you half of the royalties.?
    ?Alright, alright! What happened??
    ?I saw?myself?in the mirror.? Just at that moment, Leia showed up, seeming to come from thin air.
    ?You?re not that scraggly??, she interjected.
    ?Enough of the comedy act, I really saw something. It looked like me, but it wasn?t. The clothes were different, the background was different. It was like I had a twin brother or something.?
    ?That would be strange?, said Leia.
    ?Yeah, but it still wouldn?t explain what happened. I know I?ve poked fun at the Force before, Luke, but could it possibly explain why I?ve suddenly got a magic mirror in my ?fresher??
    ?Maybe. Can I take a look at it??
    ?Knock yourself out, kid. Just don?t make me rescue you again.?

Luke shrugged, accompanying it with one of his sickenin

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    That's funny! Are they going to be able to "step through" the mirror into each others worlds? Very good story!

3. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Very nice one. Cant wait to read more.

4. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks a lot! And here it continues...

-Chapter 2-

Han took a second to give a suspicious look at Luke. Then he cocked his head to get a good look at the mirror that had suddenly invaded his comfy notions of life, rather like the fare-turned-friend at his side. Han?s own familiar face returned to greet him, wearing that dusty old hat he himself would never own.
    ?Hi again. Ten minutes; I?m back. Who?s that behind you, your kid brother??
    ?Just a friend of mine.?
    ?Right. Now, as I said, I?m an archaeologist, and I happen to have some knowledge of occult artifacts..? Jones said in an even tone (although with rather arched brows), leaning forward to sit down, and took out a pair of wire-rimmed glasses from his shirt pocket. ?This is the closest I?ve come to finding a description of what this mirror does?. He hooked the glasses over his ears, took out a small black book, and started to read from it. ?There was supposedly a mirror buried with one of the Pharaohs, no one knows which one, which would connect a person?s spirit to its ?closest kindred flesh?. Presumably, this would allow the Pharaoh a life after death.? Jones closed the book and folded his glasses. ?Now, we know that most of the tombs of the Pharaohs were looted soon after they were built, so there?s a good chance that mirror would have been masquerading around Cairo as a pricey antique, maybe even this mirror. Normally I don?t believe in superstitious hocus-pocus, but there has to be some explanation for what?s happening.?
    Han heartily agreed with both points, equally stumped now by the Force and a description of ancient Egyptian magic. He had no expression whatsoever on his face. Luke, however, was more dogmatic. ?It?s the Force?, he said firmly.
    Jones looked towards Luke and said, ?Maybe. I?ve seen some stuff I know I couldn?t explain myself scientifically, but that doesn?t mean there isn?t such an explanation. I think if we figure out what it was originally, where it came from, that could help.?
    ?I?d like to know that myself.?, Luke said, nodding his head. Han slashed the air with his arms, and said loudly,
    ?For crying out loud!, We?re almost to Hoth, Luke, we haven?t got the time for this. It?s an interesting phenomenon, but I don?t think it?s top priority for either of us, Dr. Jones. Not unless it lets the Emperor or Vader spy on us. If we find out anything, Dr. Jones, we?ll write it down and put it against the mirror so you can see it.?
    ?Good idea? so will I. I really don?t have any more time for this now, either.? Jones looked down and grimaced. ?I?ll have to take the mirror with me, though.?, he said, and mumbled a second later ?What am I ever going to do with a mirror? It?ll slow me down?And how am I going to explain this to Marian?? He did not look happy.
    Then he looked back at Han, and smiled. Han smiled back. ?I?ll be seeing you.?
    ?Yeah. You too. And call me Indy. Please.

5. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    This sure is an interesting story to read. I have bookmarked this page so that i will keep an eye out on your progress.

How many chapters btw will this story have?

6. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    great story Shrunken Jedi! I actually have read something similar to this before, Mirror Manifest by RebelMom. Yours is every bit as good as hers was! I can't wait to finish this story! ::UPlause::
    ~Mara

7. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks Exar and Mara! I've been on vacation for a bit, but I'm back now and will probably have another chapter up soon, before I have to go back to school. As for how many chapters it will have? I haven't the slightest idea. Again, most apreciative thanks and I'll have another chap up soon!

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    heheheh, "how am I going to explain this to Marian?"

I guess both are expecting, umm unexpected and unintelligible answers from the other. "Starships?" "Nazi's?"

Hey Han, he said Kindrid spirits. Vader and the Emporer are NOT your kindrid. Indy is. He was played by the same actor as you were. And frankly is you, just in a gffa and in the future ;)

this looks interesting Shrunken :D always ready for more.

9. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Maramijade, thanks-- and there is plenty of room for complications here. We haven't quite had time to really see how this mirror works. Most of this next chapter is description, but see the end...

Here's Chapter 3.

CHAPTER 3

The streaky starfield of hyperspace gave way to a giant iceball as the Falcon made its way toward Hoth. The white planet got bigger and bigger until it almost seemed like it was going to roll over the ship, freezing it over for eternity, and keep on going until it had gathered up all the comets and asteroids in the system. Instead, Han Solo saw the warm glow of reentry surrounding his ship and coaxed it into a perfect landing just outside the entry to the rebel encampment. Because neither he nor his companions wanted to freeze on their first day on the planet, they waited in the ship while their credentials were thoroughly checked and noted, and the gate to the docking bay was raised. It wasn?t that it was so much warmer there (the whole compound was made out of the ice), but they would be out of the wind and they would be able to get the warm coats that were of necessity now standard rebel issue. The three occupants of the ship, therefore, sat around for a while in the small circular living room, napping. It was late in the standard night, but on Hoth the sun was just rising. It would be a log day. Luke had a very expressive face, and it clearly said ?I?d rather be back on Tatooine?. Poor kid, Han thought. Then he turned his attention to Princess Leia, whose own vague smile told him that she was enjoying the thought of rejoining the leadership of the rebel cause, avenging the death of her entire planet. In his mind, there could not be two more opposite people. As for himself, he somehow couldn?t bear the thought of leaving either of them to fend for themselves, as short a time as he had known them. He wasn?t leaving them, and the thought was just what he needed to fall right asleep.

?Han?, Leia?s voice whispered. Han himself responded with a thorough and visceral smile, until he realized he wasn?t asleep anymore. He sat up on his couch and rubbed his eyes open.
    ?Yes, Your worship??
    ?We?ve got clearance to get into base. I figured I?d let you pilot us in?you own this lucky hunk of junk, after all.?
    ?Nice of you to let me do my job.?
    ?I thought so.?

The Falcon and her crew and cargo were at last inside the rebel enclosure on Hoth. The crew was given steaming hot drinks and warm coats while the cargo was unloaded. Han Solo himself took charge of one piece of cargo that normally would stay on board- the stainless steel mirror hanging in his ships ?fresher. Only the scene had changed since he had last seen it and the man who looked like his identical twin. It now looked on the parlor of a house built in a style not unlike that of Tatooine, out of mud and rough stone. But the walls of this house were painted white, and the room had finely carved wooden and upholstered furniture. There was little metal to be seen, and no plastic. A small note at the bottom of the frame, pointing towards Han?s side, said ?I had to leave the mirror with my friend Salah temporarily. Trying to outwit the Nazis. ? Indy?. Han shrugged, it was no sweat off his back. Then he noticed some men in uniforms slowly and deliberately rounding a doorway on the other side of the mirror, in this Salah?s house. They spoke in some foreign language (How was it he could he understand Jones ? Indy - anyway? A question for another day). He distinctly caught the word ?Nazi?, though. Probably, Han thought, they were Nazis. And from the way Indy had talked about them, that didn?t bode well for him. Han just wished he did know what it meant ? for both of them.

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ohhh their just talking in a little German, it's ok

Han will just have to learn how to say Guttentag, Alwidertsane (sp?), Nien, Ja, Nicht Richtig, und Ich bin sehr mude. :D

(hello, goodbye, no, yes, not right, and I am very tired.)

Hmmm perhaps we should Ich spreche nicht Duestch gern. and my grammer is way off

(I don't speak German well.)

:D

11. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Okay guys, very glad you're enjoying it! Sorry for not updating: classes, getting sidetracked, etc, you know. I really will try to do better. Without further ado, I present a short update.

CHAPTER FOUR

As Han put the mirror down in his new quarters, and watched the men sneak around the house on the other side of the mirror, Leia had just done the same behind him, holding his shoulders and peeking out in a way that felt nice instead of awkward. He thought that she was going to go to the operations center immediately; apparently he had been mistaken.
    It was at that moment that the uniformed men saw them and immediately opened fire on the mirror. It wasn?t blaster fire, but it was close enough for Han to immediately recognize it and duck, turning around and covering Leia with his own body.
    ?Get off of me! I want to get up!?
    ?Excuse me?. It wasn?t a very gracious ?excuse me? from Han, but it hadn?t been very gracious request from Leia either.
    The mirror hadn?t broken, and there was no sign of damage on either side. There had been, however, a loud high pitched ringing sound that hung in the air for several seconds and abruptly disappeared. The men who had fired the shot fired another shot with similar results, plunging Han and Leia back to the ground to cover their ears, and when that shot had similar results, the men turned tail and ran out of the house on the other side of the mirror.
    Getting up, Han asked, ?What brings you here? I thought you would be up and about, catching up on the rebel gossip.?
    ?I was. It didn?t take very long. I told Mon Mothma and the rest what Luke told me about your mirror. They want it investigated. No one really knows what it can do or how it does it, although we have some theories??
    ?The Force? Yeah, Luke?s keen on that one. Maybe. And that ?Dr. Indy? guy seems to think it?s a relic of some lost civilization, the Ijipshuns or something like that.?
    ?The problem is, no one has time to study it. So they want threepio and artoo to stay here and keep a watch over it.?
    Share a room with THOSE DROIDS? Han didn?t look happy, but he had no choice in the matter if he was going to stay in the Rebel Alliance.

12. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Sorry, guys, I'm giving this thread the same little ultimatum I gave to my other in-progress thread. Of course, having two in-progress threads may be part of the problem if everyone wants a short itme frame between posts... In any case, I this a chance for you to tell me whether there is enough support for this story to be worth my time to continue this thread. Beleive me, this is not because I am a praise junkie! I promise I will continue it if you want me to! I really will! This was the first running thread I started and I was a bit of a newbie. I made some mistakes. Ok? And to all of you who commented-- GreatOne, Exar_Xan, Mara_Skywhiner, and Maramijade, yes I REALLY, REALLY apreciated it.

13. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Uppers so people see my message...

14. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Going Once...

15. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Going Twice...