Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Last night when my lovely wife and I went to see the GREATNESS that is "walk the line", I decided to pick up a schedule for the independent film series going on at the theater in visalia(the one on Bridge street), and alas, Cheryl, MIRRORMASK is playing in visalia on November 30th and December 1st. The showtimes are at 2:15 and 7:00. SOOOOOOO, go have fun.
  2. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i don't think 4 o clock counts as "night" but whatever you say Jer :p

seriously, everyone MUST see walk the line. especially anyone who's ever read Cash's autobiography, because it was incredibly close to what he wrote. it was, by far, at least the second best movie i've seen all year. it's the kind of movie that sticks in your brain afterward and takes a couple days to wear off.
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Both Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash worked with the screenwriter. He used the autobiography as a reference as well as personal accounts. He stated that approx. 6 months before June Carters death they revealed more details of their life together before they married. On the otherhand Rose Cash claims that the movie is misleading and not too factual especially when dealing with her mother.
  4. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    thank you thank you thank you.
    thank you for thinking about me!

i will go, oh yes, i will.

i was thinking about you guys, too. i have a smallish poster in the back of my blazer for walk the line, just for you.

5. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    *gasp* are you serious cheryl?? i was just looking into maybe purchasing one on ebay! thank you thank you thank you! i don't care if it is smallish or not!

and yeah, MP, I heard that there were some reports about the story being a bit off, especially with regard to Vivian and June. i honestly didn't think that it portrayed Vivian in a bad light at all - in his book he openly says that he was not a very good husband to her - and she reacted the way most women would. if that makes her a bad person, then we all are... and yeah, i noticed the parts that were supposedly revealed not too long before they passed.
  6. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    yes, it's smallish. and i have been trying to keep it unrumpled, which is no easy feat in my car. for a week.

all for you.

7. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    ...and just wait til that action figure comes out...

you will have your very own johnny cash shrine!

8. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    hehe :D

right next to the picture of him with my grandma out in the cotton field...
  9. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    I would KILL for a poster of him flipping the bird. My all time favorite shot, other than the cover of the Folsom Prison album
  10. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the movie today and really enjoyed the story. I don't think Barry was aware that I was a Jonhnny Cash fan until today. I grew up on his music. In 6th grade the students were told that they could bring an album to class to play for a social hour or some sort of thing that we were doing. While everyone else brought some form of rock I brought Johnny Cash and forced them to listen to the Long Black Veil. Great days.
  11. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    A quick note to the Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor. I told you the other day that I would like to see Mirrormask also and I did not think that I would have to be dragged to see it down south. So someone was willing to go with you there, I guess I just don't count.
  12. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    not so... i would be most pleased for company. and visalia is ever so much more convenient than trying to navigate the ratmaze of el lay.

my profound apologies for giving the wrong impression. just used to my suggestions being blown off, not a personal statement against you. i profusely and publicly recant my words.

please accept my apology, if you will.

13. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, I've been a Cash fan for a long time too. When I was a younger, a friend and I took a bus to Santa Monica(we weren't old enough to drive yet) and go shopping for various things(screenplays, obscure cult movie shirts, etc.) and while there one time, I bought The Folsom Prison album, and we must've listened to that album and Roy Orbison's greatest hits about 10,000 times that weekend.

As for Mirrormask, it looks quite interesting.
  14. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to go see Mirrormask with you as well Cheryl... so Remind me when the time comes. :)

As for Walk the Line, I am looking forward to seeing it myself. I am a hudge Cash fan.
  15. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    walk the line looks great, from everything i have seen and heard, phoenix did an amazing job.

16. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    He did an amazing job. If he doesn't get nominated for best actor this year for it, then something is wrong. Watching the movie was one of those rare experiences when I ha d a HUGE smile on my face from the opening credits until the ending credits. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of really sad parts, but being a huge Cash fan, I knew that stuff going into it, and it was awesome to see it on the screen. The parts at Folsom were awesome. You all should go see it, I want to again, that's for sure.
  17. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    just got back from seeing walk the line... the dave and i were both extremely impressed.

yeah, academy award nomination, for sure.

18. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    to whom it may concern:

i will be going to feast my eyeballs on the long-awaited visual wonder that is mirrormask wednesday at 7pm.

just keeping you informed, in case you would actually like to go.

be there... or be somewhere else

19. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    *insert heavy sigh here*..would love to see it...but??....alas....have to close....which means 6 to 1am shift......will be checking on the Narnia date though......we can't miss....everything.....

you can call and ohh and ahh...and listen to me seeth with jealousy.......if ya wish that is....

meow.....

me*

20. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    there is a 2-something show, on wednesday and thursday...

what time are you working thursday? or are you?

21. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure if I will be able to go tonight. The wizard is doing some work out of town tonight and I do not know what time he will be coming home. If I can't make it then enjoy the movie everyone.
  22. Ischade Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm actually off on Thursday....

2-something??.....sounds potentially doable....(think i could get any more wishy-washy on that???)

call me at work tonight...or come by if you go to the show....or??....you could just show up at the house tomorrow if ya want.....i promise i'll let you in.....may even cook....

meow.....

me*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.