main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive misc Art.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cheveyo, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Happy Holidays to everyone! Hope your past weeks were joyful, and the coming week just and enjoyable.

Here are few other pieces I did a while ago.

Tin Rael, Ithorian Jedi
    One of my favorites to this day. He was drawn in pencil, then colored using Photoshop.

Jedi Bendu
    This was a sketch for a character in a short fan fic of mine revolving around the foundation of the Jedi Order; when the many factions of Force worshipers gathered as a single organization to study and practice the infinite uses of the Force. It also involves the creation of a new central government (the Galactic Republic), and the eventual participation of the once secluded Jedi sects.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have to agree with you about the Ithrorian. Very nice concept. This is one species that I have always wanted to see dressed in Jedi robes and you portrayed it nicely. :)

Your other two are also very well rendered. Interesting idea with the Jedi Bendu one and I love the emotion and mood being portrayed in the Betrayed on. I think the use of color really makes it. I also love the expression on the Rodian's face. Poor guy... :( :p

3. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    hehe, I was surprised how difficult it was to put emotion of any kind [realistically--or as realistic a a latex mask could make] on a Rodian! With their huge glossy black eyes, they AWLAYS look surprised! ;)

Thanks.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    These are beautiful, Cheveyo--I think my favorite of the three is "Betrayed:" the movement and mood are unmistakable (and I think the Rodian Jedi looks completely shocked: his wide-open mouth is the give-away! ;) ) I really love the "back story" that you include with your pieces, too--it's a wonderful touch, and adds much to the interpretation! Gorgeous, once again! :D
    Nice job with the thread index, too! ;)

FF

5. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks, FalconFan. :D

Here are a few newer ones (though still from my "archives"... so to speak).

"The Intruder"
    As before, this was drawn first in pencil, then scanned and colored digitally. I didn't have much of a story in my head for this piece. My intent was rather to portray a dramatic (suspenseful) scene lit from behind. I'm not sure if this is a good guy or bad guy.

"Devery, Jedi Master"
    This is the same character (Devery Kumaro) seen in a previous work, now set ten years later, and done in acrylics on Bristol board. This was my first acrylic painting since leaving college (11 years ago!).

"A-Wing Intercept"
    This was a personal favorite, though the composition left a lot to be desired. It began as a sketch for a new freighter type, then I added the A-wing. drawn in graphite pencil before coloring it digitally.

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your work is cool, but your linking sucks!:p

"A-Wing Intercept" is putting me through to "Devery, Jedi Master".

Please fix so we can gush.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  8. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Oops, link is fixed in my post.

Thx, LAJ_FETT. ;)

9. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Great stuff! Someday I'll draw like that... :p *wishes*

10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The A-wing is fantastic.

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    All three of these are beautiful, Cheveyo--I can really feel the tension in "The Intruder:" the backlighting (which is no small task, I know!) really makes the mood there. "Devery, Jedi Master" is lush, and beautifully rendered (and I hate that you can use paint with so much skill! ;) ) "A-Wing Intercept" is stunning! I love space shots like this, and the tramp freighter is fabulous (your own design...?)! Kudos, once again! =D=

FF

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wonderful job once again, Cheveyo! :) "Intruder" is definitely my favorite out of this bunch. I have to agree with FalconFan and say that the backlighting is superb. The way you have him shrouded somewhat in darkness really goes with the character. :) It was also nice looking at the A-Wing one - something different from the other portraits. Very nicely rendered. Excellent job again! =D=

13. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks guys. :)

Here is a Non-SW piece, done a while back for a short story.

Raptor Flight
    the fighters were drawn on bristol board, then colored using graphite and Prismacolor oil-based colored pencils. The void of space and the engine wash was all painted with acryclics (the latter was later retouched in Paint Shop Pro 8 to add that engine "glow").

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Although it's a non-SW piece, you can still see the Star Wars influence in it. The overall design resembles a Y-Wing - espeically around the cockpit.

Aside from the design, the actual work itself is amazing. It really looks like you took a screenshot from a sci-fi film and pasted it here in this thread. Wonderful! :D

15. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Argh. It's threads like these that make me depressed. Depressed because I have a fan comic I want to make, but I can't draw. And I look at people's art like this and its perfect, just what I want, but I can't make it so. :)

Your talent is beautiful, Cheveyo.

16. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Yep, HS, I suppose SW is in my blood. It affects everything I compose. I've always loved the canopy and cockpit style of the Y-wings.

I should also note that the stars are "glow'ed" (my word, as in to say "I glowed 'em." ;)) digitally, as well.

Thamk you both!

17. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    A couple more to view. These are Human female Jedi designs. The first is a concept for Jedi "combat-wear" during and/or after the Yuuzhan Vong Wars. The second is the classic style seen most often in the last age of the Old Republic era Jedi, prior to and during the Clone Wars.

Jedi: New Jedi Order
    Jedi: Clone Wars

Also, here is another non-starwars piece, from my college days. It was a good study of fabric and how it moves and rests.
    Sitting Casual

18. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Wow. And...wow.

I am just blown away from everything I've seen. I'm totally stunned with your ability to draw. Particulaly with the backgrounds, which are always so well scaled and realistic.

I love the effects you've added with the lightsabers. I tried that with one of mine a while back, and it really brings out the picture - but yours is done so professionally. Honestly, I am stunned with your ability.

I don't quite know what to say. If I add more, it'll just be repetitions of the same words in different formats. So...

Wow. Yes, "Wow" will do.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I like the two comparison drawings of the different era of Jedi. Very nicely rendered. Once again, I just love your style!

I also like seeing studies that were done in college. In a way, it gives me an idea on what I'm in for in the future. ;)

20. bountyhunterx

bountyhunterx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2005
    These are amazing. Anya Talya reminds me of Anya Talya from Anastasia. :p Anyone remember this movie? I'm surprised I did. :p Is that where you got the look? If not, huge coincidence.

http://www.crankycritic.com/archive/posters/anastasia.jpg

21. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks, TroubledAnakin. These lightsabers (Photoshop-rendered) are easier than the PaintShop Pro8 rendered sabers. PSP has no "glow" affect, so one must get creative with layer blurring techniques.

I also like seeing studies that were done in college. In a way, it gives me an idea on what I'm in for in the future.

I LOVED College art, HS. Though, not so much the rest of academics, but hey~~ ;)

bountyhunterx, you're absolutely right; Anya was a blend (crossover??) between SW and Anastasia. The woman who commissioned it was a big fan of both movies, and had created an online persona of this snarky "Russian" Jedi. :D

22. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Here are a couple black-n-white's that I've not gotten around to coloring digitally. They were drawn on Bristol Board using graphite pencils.

The Spy

Constructing Vader
    I did this for an Art Challenge here ages ago, depicting the "birth" of Darth Vader. We now know from the teaser trailer that my idea is not Lucas', but I still like this idea. Depending on your level of spoiler-freeness, this might be considered to be a spoiler, even though this is not in any way depicted in the film.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Cheveyo, there's not much I can say for these drawings, but WOW! I thought your colored images were superb. I think these are even better. Just the amount of detail and the realistic qualities in everything is outstanding! You work very well with a pencil if I do say so myself. ;) :)

24. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Excellent work!!

I love the blending of Photoshop and ink/pen. Very well done!

But I think the thing I like and admire the most is the natural way in which you pose your drawings. They all look extremely life-like.

Well done and best of luck to you!!

(BTW--check your PM's) ;)

25. _Artoo_

_Artoo_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    Wow, your drawings are amazing! I love the costume designs for your characters in particular, they?re so different. Your colouring is always spot on too, how you handle the lighting from lightsabers, just wow.

And your graphite works fantastic too, I love ?Vader Born?.

You, sir, are very talented :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.