1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive misc Art.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cheveyo, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I really like that effect.... It reminds me of the ethereal Obi-Wan....

Anyway, it's very nice. :) I actually kinda like it better than the original....
  2. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Me too! :D It adds some sort of an implied story to it.

Hmm... maybe it's not Dev, after all. Maybe it's his father, Gyan.

[face_thinking]

I feel a story coming on! [face_dancing]

3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    You're pulling a George Lucas on us, huh? Messing with your old work...

Nah, just kidding. :p

It really looks great, Cheveyo! I can't express enough how much I love these designs. There's just something about them that's just pleasing to the eye. Overall, excellent work! :D

4. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's just something about them that's just pleasing to the eye.

Um, the fact that they're amazing, maybe? [face_plain] :p

I think one reason I like them is that they are Prismacolors, and that's what I use whenever I color.... They're the mark of a true artist. :p

Speaking of, do you use Berol or Stanford, Chev?
  5. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    When I use colored pencils, I only use Berol. I have found that these pencils have superior blending capabilities.

6. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't laugh, but after I said I'd be doing all new stuff... I went back and rescanned an old drawing I did in 1987. Then I made it better, faster, stronger... Na-na-na-na-na-na-na....

This was not a Star Wars drawing. It's a drawing of Shadowrun RPG characters.

Shadowrunners (old version)

Shadowrunners (NEW version)

I'm most excited about the clean-ups I did on their faces (especially hers).

7. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow, that is a lot of cleanup. I like the guy's tee-shirt. ;)

The new one looks much better; excellent job. :)
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow, cleaning up drawings from 1987? Now that's really dedicated. I really admire you for that.

The cleanup itself looks really great. You really were able to add some nice details to both characters and give them some more personality. Nice job! :)
  9. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Not so much dedicated as neurotic! [face_shhh]

I'm re-designing my web page and wanted to use larger images. That prompted a few re-scans since the originals were of a smaller size.

When I scanned in the shadowrunners, I couldn't help but begin to play around with it (couldn't stand the way it looked ;)). Before I knew it, I was in the middle of a full blown clean-up...and it was 3am!

It delayed my work on the website, but it was well worth it, IMO.

10. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Cheveyo, you couldn't stand your "Shadowrunners" in the first edition...? I'd give my right arm to be able to render characters that way! (Well, then I wouldn't be able to draw anything anymore, so maybe not my right arm...but something valuable!! ;) ) The "altered" version is terrific, too, tho: beautiful improvements to the details. I am just so enamored of your style and your work--from whenever you've done it! It all looks fabulous to me! :) And I'm looking forward to seeing your updated website, too--let us know when it's done!

FF
  11. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, [face_blush]
    Definitely don't give up your drawing arm!!

Yeah, I couldn't stand the first edition, but that was because I new that I could have done a better job.

The website is coming along slowly. I have part of my new gallery set up, but that's about it.

I'll post a sneak peak link here when it's more presentable. :)

In the meantime, my website (in its current shape and form~bleh) is linked in my profile.

(Thanks for signing my guestbook, C_C! :D)
  12. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    YOu are very welcome, Chev! :D I can't wait to see more stuff.... *dances excitedly*
  13. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
  15. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    She's very well done. Great detailing in the pants and her utility belt and I very much like what I can see of her boots. Terrific material indication here.
  16. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh wow! New art from Cheveyo! :D I haven't seen any of your work since I left ages ago. The last thing I remember was an Ithorian Jedi I think because it just blew my mind.

This is wonderful. I adore the material portrayal here...it's almost like you can feel the textures, that takes a lot of skill! :) The pose is really nice and the section of background is a nice touch, adding to the realism of it I believe so she's not just floating in a snow blizzard! ;) Great work and hope to see more!
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Cheveyo!! Welcome back, old friend!! And you come bearing gifts for all of us! I love this character: she looks pretty dangerous, with all that weaponry, and I agree with the comments about the clothing--very "tactile," and very cool! The background is wonderful, as with all your pieces, and I love the coloring. Another beautiful work--are you just passing through, or will you be "staying" for a while now? We've missed you! :D

FF
  18. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool to see you back, and an excellent image to return with. Well proportioned figure, highly detailed and meticulously coloured... business as usual for Cheveyo!
  19. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is amazing timing, as FalconFan just recently familiarized me with your work! (I truly enjoyed gazing through all you original characters.) I'm so glad that you've come back to share more! One can only hope that there will be more for you to share in the future to come.

You have a magnificent ability in bringing out the details to diversify the materials of clothing, and your painting skills are just lovely (both figure and Background). I find her to have some similar characteristics of the character 'Trinity' from the Matrix.

P.S. Sorry to hear about her head getting lobbed off, despite the fact of her being a villain. :)

- Suz ^_~
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hey, Cheveyo! It's great to see you back, buddy! :D

Your new drawing reminds me a lot of the Matrix in how she's designed(the clothing, the glasses). I really like it. The entire look fits her character description quite nicely. ;)
  21. Brant_Flir Jedi Master

star 4
    oH, sO YOU'RE THE AWSOME ARTIST WHO DREW THOSE PICS! i saw them in theforce.net's fan art section, but didn't know you drew 'em. They're awsome!
  22. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you, wicktone! I'm satisfied with the way the boots came out, myself.

Corellian_Rogue, wow, the Ithorian Jedi was ages ago! I guess it has been a while since I posted anything new here. The background still feels a little disjointed, but oh well. Thanks!

Thanks, FalcFan! It's good to be back. I'd like to say I'll be a more... present... presence, but I have a feeling I'll just be flitting in and out on occassion, especially since I don't have much in the way of SW to contribute lately.

Thanks, soits :) colored as always digitally. Ironic that I actually started this drawing over a year ago, then set it down.

You're absolutely right, Your_Worshipfulness! Trinity was a strong influence on Rommi's design... she was the model. :) The character in the RPG was less armed, but she also carried a vibroblade and did funky high-level acrobatics/dodges--she was awesome at avoiding lightsabers... that is, until... :_|

;)

Hey, HS! Thanks for the welcome. :) Yep, she's all Matrix... even her moves in the rpg. :D

Nice to meet you, Brant. wow! you must have found those old pics waaaaaaay back in the fan art museum! lol Thanks for the feedback. :)

23. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Well... I went and bought the upgrade to Paint Shop Pro 9 yesterday. LOVE IT! Since Corel bought out Jasc, they've made some fun and nifty improvements. It's still not the technical whiz that Photoshop or Illustrator are, but it does what I need and doesn't give me a headache to figure out. ;) The great benefit to PSP over the megatools like PS and the like is that I can jump in and just go.... something I--as an artist with severe ADHD (j/k... I think)--require! ;)

So I thought I'd play around with the new oil brush tool (much like that used in Painter). Here's my first digitally "painted" artwork to show ya all. :D

It's more of a rough effect than I'm used to, but I had a blast with it! This I think will work great for speed drafts to get ideas down, etc. I doubt I'll ever reach wicktone's caliber, but hopefully I'll improve with practice.

Oh yeah, and the oil brush tool as frustrating at times as using real oils! [face_laugh]

24. Corellian_Rogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    It seems Wick has infected us all with the want for speed paintings! :D

Wonderful work Cheveyo. I was intrigued how your technique would convert to purely digital work and you've done excellently! Congrats! Hopefully this will open up a new channel for your mind to spew out its wonderfulness! ...Um that was a compliment by the way, it's a little late here so my brain is practically mush. I like what you've done with the background setting too, it's a nice place for someone to get skewered, the red highlights the gravity of the encounter. :) Well done on yet another wonderful piece.
  25. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    As always, your rendering of clothing is superb. Also liking the lighting (something I'm not so good at), but I could do with the pic being a little bigger.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.