main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive misc Art.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cheveyo, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks, both of you.

Soits, I'll post the larger image here for better viewing later tonight. I saved it on my site in standard size format... but I'll load the original size as well.

I'm so used to working in smaller areas with pencils, I think I may need to use a large canvas for these types of art if I'm to get the level of detail I like and aspire to! Maybe some patience on my part could help, too. ;)

Patience is the bane of my being, though!!! [face_laugh]

2. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Very good work!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! We're all delving into the digital world now! :D

It really look great, Cheveyo! For being your first time "painting" something digitally, you did a wonderful job - you really have the knack for it(although I'm still learning myself, I'm not quite sure what the knack of it is :p). Anywho, great job on the lighting and the portrayal of the characters in general. I really like it! :D

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Yes, my insidious plan is working perfectly... soon, any resistance will be crushed!

And on a less ridiculous note, this is a great, great scene here. I have to echo the sentiments about your cloth painting; it has a very fluid and realistic form. Beautiful folds!

The indicated background is also very effective. It makes a great frame for your characters and the action.

5. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Okay, here's a bigger version of the digital oil painting:

[image=http://www.brettanilsson.com/jvs01a.jpg]

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey, that really does look great full size. The red Sith-saber works so well in digital oils, I love that effect, the way you've done the clothes, too. Really fluid strokes, very impresionistic.

Also it's a great scene: there's the Sith-Lord trying to intimidate his opponent with the classic arms-out-legs-apart-groin-thrust stance, only to have it backfire tragically; beatiful, yet poignant. Will the Sith never learn? Block your opponent's saber with your own lightsaber, not your body.

7. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Thanks, :) Well, ya know... the body is bigger than the sabre, so it stands to reason you could block more easily with the larger barrier. ;)

I imagined him at the start of what would have been a "wind-up coup-de-grace death blow". Naturally, the Twi'lek was faster. ;)

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    ...and another one bites the dust. :p

You know, I've seen a lot of scenes of Sith and Jedi doing battle, but I think I've only seen one picture where someone actually is slain or a deathblow is met. So I really like this.

It's great! It might be weird to say, but the Twi'leks clothing (you did excellent work on the clothing in general once again) reminds me of a pirate - I think it's the loose sleeves. Personally like the detailed work on the bandana-like wrap on the Twi'lek's head.

- Suz ^_~

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, I'm loving the latest piece, Cheveyo!! The "painterly" quality is just wonderful--a "real-oil-painting" look to it! The scene is beautiful, as Your_Worshipfulness has mentioned: the instant of the strike, with all its power--wonderful movement, and as usual, stunning fabricwork to support that movement. I really like this piece, from the figures to the background. And again--it's great to see you posting again, Cheveyo! :D

FF

10. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    Excellent piece, that! :) The lighting is exquisite. And it's always good to see the bad guys get it through the chest.... :p

11. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Incredible! You design and color are awe inspiring and your originals sublime.

12. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    Oh hi guys! I'm not used to people sneaking in here anymore. :D Thanks for the comments.

13. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I think your stuff is too good to let it sit on the fifth page; I wanted to wake it up so the newer people could see your excellent work. :)

14. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
  15. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Very cool design! [face_shocked] I really like the helmet; it's a lot different from anything I've seen before. :) You did an excellent job with the shine on the armour, as well. Excellent piece! :D (May I ask what LEO stands for?)

And you're most welcome. :) In case I haven't told you before (which I think I have), you are by far my favorite artist here. While there are many other amazing artists on the Boards, such as FalconFan with her wonderful her sketches, you draw the kind of things I draw, and in the way I want to. You are the embodiment of my goals, pretty much.

I hope that explains a bit. [face_blush]

16. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    You did an excellent job with the shine on the armour, as well.

This began as a test for me, because I've never done such a reflective surface before. It's not quite chrome, but in my head I was imagining the polished steel alloys seen in Hollywood's depictions of knights' armor. ;)

May I ask what LEO stands for?

sorry about that. It stands for "Law Enforcement Officer". ;)

You are the embodiment of my goals, pretty much.

Wow! I'm very flattered, Moon. [face_blush] I hope I never disappoint or fail to inspire. ;)

17. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I hope I never disappoint or fail to inspire.

I'm pretty sure you'll do fine. :p

Anyway. I suppose I could have guessed that, but I was searching for some sinister meaning. :p Not that "law enforcement" doesn't strike fear in my heart.... I'm scared to death when I see cops on the road. :( (Not to get us off topic or anything.)

As for the shine, it's very good for a first go! :) And I think chrome would have been a bit extreme; best suited for ships and motorcycles I think. ;)

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    As always, a very professional looking piece =D=. I really like the armour design and execution, you've got a nice brushed metal surface effect going on there. I like the background layout/frame/whatever, too.

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey Cheveyo :)

Your L.E.O. Trooper looks excellent. I'm always taken aback when I see metallic surfaces rendered so realistically. Beautiful job.
    He's also quite a formidable looking guy. I'd certainly want him on my side in a law enforcement situation. ;)

20. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    These are all bloody marvelous! I love your use of light and dark, and how you make it work so effectively with different surfaces (i.e. leather vs. hair vs. cloth). Color me impressed!

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Finally!!! I get around to posting a reply to your last update, Cheveyo!!

I love the L.E.O.!! The armor (I agree with soits that it has the look of burnished metal--a wonderful effect!), the faceplate (sort of a "malicious" feel to that helmet/faceplate...), the weapon--even the "police-blue" kneeguards are all awesome! I've always loved the originality you put into your armoring/costuming: with this armor, it's that neck-guard/cowl piece that stands out to me--no one's ever going to get to that vulnerable place between chin and shoulders on this guy! Another excellent piece--and sorry for taking so long to get a reply in here! RL is "taxing" me lately!

FF

22. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    good painting =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.