main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MISC Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JEDIFRIGHT, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIFRIGHT

JEDIFRIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2000
    This is my first post in the OT forums, so please be gentle. I had some questions about the OT and I thought I would solicit the expertise of the fans here for answers. I saw every part of the OT when it was first released, but these questions have bothered me ever since I was old enough to truly appreciate SW beyond the dazzling special effects.

1. In ESB how does Vader know that it was Luke who commandeered the ship that destroyed the Death Star in ANH (Vader's "obsession" for finding Luke is mentioned in the very opening scroll)? And by extension how did he know Luke is his son?

2. If Lucas knew the story all along why do Luke and Leia kiss (mouth to mouth - they aren't french kissing but its a bit much) througout the OT (even in ROTJ after Luke finds out their relationship? Is the galazy far far away - Arkansas? J/K! Sorry for the lame joke!

3. In ANH Luke admits to disliking the Empire. Then what is the academy he so passionately desires to join?

4. Why does Luke not blame the Lars' for hiding the truth that Vader is his father? Surely he spent much more time with them then he did with Old Ben. And given the fact that we are to assume that the Lars' knew this fact. Why does he only blame Ben?

There are some others but these are the ones that came to mind.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    1. In ESB how does Vader know that it was Luke who commandeered the ship that destroyed the Death Star in ANH (Vader's "obsession" for finding Luke is mentioned in the very opening scroll)? And by extension how did he know Luke is his son?

Vader tortured a captured Rebel pilot about 6 months after ANH. That pilot revealed the identity of who destroyed the Death Star.

2. If Lucas knew the story all along why do Luke and Leia kiss (mouth to mouth - they aren't french kissing but its a bit much) througout the OT (even in ROTJ after Luke finds out their relationship? Is the galazy far far away - Arkansas? J/K! Sorry for the lame joke!

The characters didn't know. Whenever you have a question about Star Wars, think in-universe. Out-of-universe thinking is too limiting.

3. In ANH Luke admits to disliking the Empire. Then what is the academy he so passionately desires to join?

He wants to join the Imperial Academy on Carida, but he planned to jump ship and join the Rebellion just like Biggs, Hobbie and countless others did.

4. Why does Luke not blame the Lars' for hiding the truth that Vader is his father? Surely he spent much more time with them then he did with Old Ben. And given the fact that we are to assume that the Lars' knew this fact. Why does he only blame Ben?

Because the Lars' weren't around to blame. Obi-Wan was.

3. JEDIFRIGHT

JEDIFRIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2000
    I appreciate the anwers but much of what you draw from is EU and unknown to the masses that simply watch the movies for anwers to these questions. Me being one of them. Thanks anyway. But I gues much of the answers to these questions and the ones raised by the PT will find their answers in EU.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You asked questions that the movies didn't answer, so you obviously wanted an EU answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.