main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Misconceptions you had as a kid Prequel Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AT-AT Walker, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Thats interesting because thinking about it all of the OT starts with Anakin/Vader.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - That the Trade Federation and CIS knew that Sidious is Palpatine

- That the Trade Federation/CIS becomes the Empire and that Order 66 makes clones join the CIS

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    When Obi-Wan is asking Dexter Jettster about the poison dart in AOTC, when Dex says the line "on how well your manners are...and how big your pocketbook is, he he" I seriously thought he was a bad guy when I was a kid.

MarcJordan and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  4. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I thought the clones were not literally clones (I didn't pay attention to facial details in III), and it was just a nickname to them...

...I was really socially inept, please don't yell at me for my utter stupidity : (

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I thought Even Piell was Sifo-Dyas as a kid [face_shhh]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Some of the more common ones:
    TPM
    Maul was Satan.
    Ewan was Anakin, and Nieeson was Obi Wan. (Made worse by the fact that the Lego minfigures of TPM Obi wan and AOTC Anakin were nearly identical.)
    Jake Loyd was young Luke.
    I thought ANH and TPM was the same movie. (They are both technically "episode 1")
    The Neiomdians were the same hat guys that got off the shuttle with Palpatine in ROTJ.
    REALLY YOUNG 4 year old me MAJOR MISCONCEPTION: Jar Jar was a villian. (NO SERIOUSLY not jar jar hating I thought alien=bad guy.) and he was plotting with Satan (maul) and the green space men (nemodians) to take over Earth (Naboo) using a robot army (battle droids.) I saw a poster of JAR JAR at taco bell and thought he was a major antagonist.
    Leia and Padme were same person.
    Lukrehulk trade fed, ships were a prototype death star.
    I thought Valorum and Palpatine were the same people.

AOTC

Zam's face shriveled up because of the poison not because she was a clawdite.

Jango and Boba were the same person and that Jango was holding "some random little kid" hostage.
    Geonosis and Tatooine were the same planet.
    I thought Anakin became darth vader ONLY because tuskens killed his mom. (ROTS wasn't out yet)

ROTS

This is a wierd one... Before seeing ROTS or any CW multimedia EU I thought that when the box description on the back of Lego star wars the videogame (the first one from 2005) when it mentioned "General Grevious." I thought it was referring to the Koovrian general from the Tartovsky microseries with the twitchy eye and red robes that said "I wonder how many jedi they'll send" :p

Like others have said, I thought the legend of Darth Plagius was referring to Nithilus from KOTOR 2.
    I also thought we would see Boba kill Mace.
    I thought the Utapau guys were the same species as San Hill of the banking clan.
    I thought Durge would return in ROTS.
    I thought Grevious "knew" like Dooku did with Palpatine/Sidious.
    I thought Anakin killed Padme. (He still did in my head canon.)

7. KaminoPalomino

KaminoPalomino Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015
    I not only thought that Queen Amidala was a villain in TPM, but that she was working with the Neimoidians and Darth Sidious.
    I thought Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan.
    I thought Boss Nass was a bad guy.
    I thought Sio Bibble was a bad guy.
    I kept mixing up Valorum and Palpatine throughout TPM for some reason (not really a misconception but it did make the Senate scenes quite confusing).
    I thought that one of the Jedi would end up being revealed as Darth Sidious.
    I thought Dexter Jettster was a bad guy.
    I mixed up Sifo-Dyas and Ki-Adi-Mundi somehow, and I thought Obi-Wan was lying to the Kaminoans about him being killed.
    I thought the Kaminoans were bad guys.
    I thought that the CIS was the "Sith side" and the Republic was the "Jedi side"- didn't realize it was more complicated than that. As a result of this, I thought all the Separatists at the meeting in AOTC were some sort of Sith minions.
    I thought that Obi-Wan, Mace Windu and Yoda were the only Council members left at the end of AOTC.
    I thought that General Grievous was Darth Maul as a cyborg.
    I thought Tion Medon was a bad guy.
    I thought that Order 66 told the clones to start fighting for the Separatists.
    I couldn't understand why Anakin slaughtered the Separatist Sith minions after becoming Darth Vader- after all, they were working for him now, weren't they?

Revanfan1 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    In TPM I did't think Qui-Gon used a mind trick on Boss Nass, originally thought Boss Nass was just weirdly accommodating.

9. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011

I thought the same thing. TPM was the first SW movie I saw, so I was not familiar with the mind trick as it was introduced in ANH. I didn't even understand what Watto was talking about when Qui-Gon tried to use a mind trick on him (until after I saw ANH).

10. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    - Sifo-Dyas was Qui-Gon in AOTC, like his alias or something.

- Maul was the Sith Lord they were looking for. Yes, I'm dead serious. Maul was the Sith Lord and Sidious was his apprentice.

- That Zam shriveled up because of the poison.

- That Jango was really Boba before it was cleared up.

- Palpatine would shrivel up into Sidious as time progressed. He looked sickly in AOTC, so I thought it was due to the Dark Side feeding off of him, sapping his appearance.

- The Naboo fighters were flying backward. I mean, the narrow tail made it look like it was supposed to go the other way.

- Boss Nass was Jar-Jar's father.

11. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I thought in ROTS Anakin was still a padawan. I didn't really figure out he was a knight until I first watched TCW over a year ago. It didn't make sense that a padawan could train a padawan, so I guess I finally put two and two together.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he was a knight after aotc and during tcw. he was appointed to the council in rots but NOT made a master. he didn't care for that.

13. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Yes, I know that now, but I didn't back then. Guess I didn't get the Padawan braid thing or something.

14. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    My brother used to think that Anakin was being sarcastic when he said to C-3PO, "You've been a GREAT pal", in TPM.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What? Did he think Anakin was Han? :p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  16. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I was a teenager when the pt came out so I did not a lot of the same ones as others except the not being sure palps and sidious were the same person. I was on the old boards under a different name before aotc, there were so many theories on the boards about if they were the same or if one was a clone of the other it was fun debating. I do not even remeber my old username.

17. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    when I was like ten I thought Padme was attractive in a ten year old way 'cause Natalie Portman but I felt weird about it 'cause it's like "hey wait a minute that's Luke's mom you creep".

not a misconception but that was the most confusing thing about the PT for me LOL

18. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    I always ignored the word "Dioxides!" Qui-Gon says when the Trad Federation tries to poison them, now at the age of 26, 14 years after I first watched The Phantom Menace, I realize what that word was. I'm just weird.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    dioxus. Dioxis - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    I never looked that up. Thanks!

21. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I wasn't a kid (technically :p ) when TPM came out. But I always thought that scene where Palpatine says "Enter the bureaucrat..." he was talking about Mas Amedda,who conveniently stops business to whisper in Valorum's ear.

I don't suppose I ever understood Mas Amedda's role. He's got a lifetime appointment as Vice Chancellor and seems nonplussed about whatever administration he's a part of.:confused:

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I didn't really have any misconceptions but when they revealed the list of character names for AOTC I thought Jango Fett sounded like something out of a bad fanfiction.

23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I used to think Anakin would join the Dark Side because Palpatine threatened to expose his marriage to Padme or does. In his attempt not to experience disgrace by being expelled from the Jedi Order because of his inappropriate relationship with a senator, he starts sneaking off during missions in the Clone Wars and starts doing the bidding of the Emperor by killing his enemies. Eventually he has to kill a Jedi to do so. Upon being called out as the murderer he is hunted by the other Jedi until the point he has to find a way to kill off the whole order which Palpatine provides for him.

24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

The idea of Jar Jar being a villain was hilarious. My neighbors upstairs were probably wondering why I was giggling for six minutes.

The only prequel misconception I had was pronouncing Qui-Gon's name. I never saw it written before the movie came out. I misheard it as Quay-Gon and then I kept calling him that until I saw the movie.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I used to think that when Anakin trades with the Jawas for information to help him find Shmi and the Tusken's, that he was stopping off at a space hotel or something.