main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Misconceptions you had as a kid Prequel Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AT-AT Walker, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    A rather odd one

My 7 or 8 year old self at first thought that the scene of the GAR at the end of AOTC took place on Geonosis. Maybe I was confused by the red colouration of the scene

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Mine's worse... for some reason I thought Geonosis and Tatooine were the same.

3. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Aw, don't be too hard on yourself. They're both sandy planets, so there's that!

Meanwhile aside from the whole colour thing, Geonosis and Coruscant couldn't be more different....

4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I used to confuse Cloud city and Coruscant. [face_blush]

5. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Here's a few of my misconceptions
    • I kept hoping Maul would come back in AOTC and ROTS. At least they finally did do it, even if I had to wait a decade.
    • I thought Cliegg was Anakin's biological father, and Owen was his biological brother.
    • I thought Sifo Dyas was Dooku
    • I didn't know that Boba was a clone of Jango
    • I was hoping Assajj or Durge would show up in ROTS
    • I thought Anakin would already be in the Vader armor by the middle of ROTS

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I thought that Sifo-Diyas was Qui-Gon.

I hadn't picked up Qui-Gon's name in TPM, so when Obi-Wan referred to a jedi, who died 10 years ago, I though that they were one and the same.

7. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I remember when AotC was on local TV at my place. I had missed most of the movie and was at the scene when Obi Wan was out in the rain and contacted Yoda and Mace. For some reason i thought that Obi Wan asked Yoda and Mace if they could open the doors because he didn't want to stay outside in the rain. And Yoda and Mace didn't want Obi Wan inside so they refused ( i thought Yoda and Mace was inside of Kamino).

8. Hawt for Rey

Hawt for Rey Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2015
    In Episode I after Qui-Gon takes the blood test, he tells Obi-Wan "nor another Jedi". In German, this was translated as "noch ein anderer Jedi".

"Noch" means "nor", but also "yet" - and the scene gets creepy towards the end and cuts right to Darth Maul's arrival. So I thought he meant "there's yet another Jedi somewhere around here", and the transmission somehow caught his midichloians' life signs.... :eek:

CIS Droid likes this.
  9. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Not as a kid, as an adult, I was pretty sure the shape of the TF command ships would eventually form the basis for the Rebel Alliance symbol, either that the TF somehow eventually supported the alliance or that it was somehow in remembrance of what started the wars.

Dumb.

10. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    I actually thought Obi Wan was the bad guy and Anakin was the good guy when I was little....I was a really stupid child

AniLukeRey likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Well, from my point of view......;)

12. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    I don't know I guess if I was a kid I would've been a sith

13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Who wouldn't? The Sith are badass as hell when your young. As you get older, you realize there are...well...ya know...repercussions for becoming an serial jerk.

Seagoat likes this.
  14. Hawt for Rey

Hawt for Rey Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2015
    When I watched Episode I in the theater as a kid, the left side of my brain got switched off to such an extent that I didn't get how Obi-Wan and Darth Maul didn't get blown up with the TF station :D :D :D :D :D

In all fairness, the surreal nature of that power plant and the nightmare logic behind a lot of what happens there, had a part in that - along, of course with the fact that similar looking setting in the OT were all located in creepy space stations...

Deliveranze and CIS Droid like this.
  15. NaturalDisaster

NaturalDisaster Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2015
    Ok

- Lightsabre = Lightsaver (I think every kid had this misconception)
    - Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi Wans dad
    - In ATOC, I thought Obi Wan said "Dreams past THE time" rather than "dreams pass in time"
    - I thought Yoda was Mace Windus pet who was trained in the Jedi arts

I remember watching charmed once as a kid and saw a scene where Cole turns into a demon and I thought he was Darth Maul (even though I knew it wasn't star wars)

I do have one, rather funny and twisted misconception, not from me but a friend of mine as a child.

He thought the Star Wars Prequels were made by George Lucas' son and thats not all.

He thought George Lucas' son was a bad guy and hated the Jedi in the originals because they were good and against the sith, so he murdered his father (for real) and created the prequels based on the Jedis downfall.

His parents seriously considered sending him to a psychiatrist after that.

AniLukeRey and CIS Droid like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    My 8 year old brain couldn't wrap around the fact that clones were just following orders. I thought Darth Sidious used mind control. 9 years later, I was right, heh heh.

I wish I wasn't.....

17. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    As a child watching TPM i was spoiled by my friend who said Qui-Gon died. When the dark chanting came I figured it was coming and closed my eyes.

For some reason I don't remember red laser doors cutting everyone off. I just remember orange/red metal doors that block obi from maul and QGJ.

I also didn't realize that TPM was taking place BEFORE the OT. Primarily because I had never seen much of the OT. Either i saw the OT before or after Episode I.

My first exposure to Star Wars were these kids Picture books for the original trilogy. I didn't read the book, I just looked at the images. The images alone give a very different perspective than seeing the film in Motion!

But honestly it didn't really click that Star Wars Episode I and II was the leadup to the original trilogy (I wasn't into star wars until Episode II hit DVD) til late 2002. Then I saw the commentary and everything clicked. my hype for Episode III was unreal!

Huttese 101 likes this.
  18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I was no longer a kid when the prequels were released, but I tried no to have any expectations to get crushed.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    So how did you feel about them?

20. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Heh, this one just came back to me after seeing the marathon yesterday

I thought Jar Jar was an alligator

Don't ask. My 5 or 6 year old brain was bizarre

21. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I couldn't understand if Dooku was evil or not.

Didn't know what the heck was going on with the trade federation and taxes and stuff in The Phantom Menace.

I thought Anakin was going to turn in Attack of the Clones.

22. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I felt they were ok, but lacking. I enjoyed seeing them, but wanted something more mature and serious considering it was the fall of the Republic and the clone war was happening. The separatists should have had some actual organic soldiers instead of all droids, then it would have felt more real than fighting dumb droids.

23. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    :(

darskpine10 and Deliveranze like this.
  24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Well I'd say the second half of ROTS is pretty damn serious overall :p At least far more serious than ROTJ took itself. I understand. CIS Droid loves droids though, so he is not as forgiving lol. I think the Separatists do have organic militias. We see armed Nemodian soldiers on Mustafar.

CIS Droid likes this.
  25. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

We don't see those armed organics in combat though(not counting them getting slaughtered by Vader). Seeing Umbarans fighting clones in TCW was a pleasant change. ROTS may have been serious, but it was too little too late by that point.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.