main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Misconceptions you had as a kid Prequel Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AT-AT Walker, Sep 22, 2013.

1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I mean, battledroids killed jedi. Thats pretty serious.

thejeditraitor and Deliveranze like this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    They did it by sheer numbers, not any sort of tactics or skills. Jedi getting killed didn't bother me or felt serious since I knew it was going to happen anyways and the Order was out of touch so they needed purging. It may have been serious to you , but it was just a thing to me was a fixed plot point.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

I completely disagree but i respect your perspective. At least, there is plenty of clone wars media from 2002 on wards that have Republic vs organic soldiers/rebels/militia like Umbara, Jabiim, etc. I take the prequels far more seriously than the OT story. Empire vs. Rebellion is way too archetype for me, especially in the space opera genre.

CIS Droid likes this.
  4. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I dont think they deserved purging just because they were flawed. And i disagree. For me it showed that Battledroids were a threat. Far more than stormtroopers ever did.

5. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I never got into most of that media, but I am aware of it. It doesn't much matter at this point though. Good stories to read, but doesn't count anymore.

If Jedi fought OT stormtroopers maybe. Early Stormtroopers that were clones were very effective. The Jedi may not have deserved the purge, but it was a plot point since the OT, so I don't care if they deserved it or not. The Jedi that mattered survived.

6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Well, i guess we all enjoy certain aspects of different parts. Whether its canon now or not, is irrelevant, because if Disney can wipe 30 years of world building, then it can happen again. I count all Clone Wars media canon at some point in the timeline. Or at least, it doesn't give me continuity issues as some people have.

rumsmuggler and CIS Droid like this.
  7. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Whatever works for you is fine with me. I still like plenty of Legends material, but it doesn't fit now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett and Deliveranze like this.
  8. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

That's true. It still makes it fun just to pretend it does though;)

9. Hilal

Hilal Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2015
    This is kind of strange. I feel like even as a kid I knew Palpatine = Sideous = Emperor. I would've only been 7 in 99... I'm not calling you guys stupid or anything but I feel like in the media, the merchandise, toys, visual dictionaries etc I clearly remember seeing "Palpatine/Sideous", and that it was established before the PT that "the Emperor" was Darth Sideous (just like "Ewok" is never said in the movie, but comes up in the toys and such).

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I feel like at least everyone in my house knew it right away, I remember by the time of Episode III I already knew it was coming.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I also knew that way before the PT. TPM just confirmed it as soon as you see Sidious in dark robes with the hood up.

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My cousin didn't know until 2 weeks ago that Anakin was portrayed by Hayden Christensen in both AOTC and ROTS. He never knew they were the same person, and he's watched the film countless times.

Same with Obi-Wan between TPM and the other 2, he though they were different people.

12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    To be fair, Ewan does look and even sound a fair bit different between TPM and AOTC. Considering he only aged a couple years, he did a great job showing a character aging ten years

13. The_God_Anubis

The_God_Anubis Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015

There were a lot of threads back in 2004-2005 about people wanting Fett to be in RotS ...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    "he thought I was a mad pirate"

took me years to realise he said "it's on automatic pilot"

oh well :p

15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Before TPM came out, I thought Jar Jar was going to be the highlight of the movie, by the way the cast was talking about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solo77 likes this.
  16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I thought Darth Maul's appearance (especially the horns) was make-up that he intentionally did to look fierce and that he was actually a human in-universe. [face_blush]

Jedi Knight Fett and dagenspear like this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    my biggest misconception was the Maul was dead and would stay dead. I wish I was right. :(

Huttese 101 and DarthCricketer like this.
  18. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I thought Sifo-Dyas was Qui-gon Jinn

19. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    When I was reading the spoiler reports for ROTS, I thought General Grievous' name would be pronounced "General grivy-us"
    I thought the name "Obi-Wan" belonged to Anakin's friend (now known as Kitster)
    I thought Queen Amidala had died in the explosion at the beginning of AOTC

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    DUDE. SAME THING. WHAT THE FRIG

21. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    I thought Padme was MUCH older then Anakin from TPM...because well...Anakin looked like 5 and she looked like 18 XD

AniLukeRey likes this.
  22. DarthCricketer

DarthCricketer Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2016

I think that that's just a mispronunciation of the word. I used to do it, having been influence by other people who did, and that was before knowing Star Wars. Mis-spellings resulting in this pronunciation are also common enough.

thejeditraitor and Howard Hand like this.
  23. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

Grievous is a mischievous machine!

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2014/01/mischievous-mischievious/

And, just for fun, a few more usage lessons from Steven Pinker (made a few of these mistakes, myself):

http://uk.businessinsider.com/harvard-steven-pinker-misused-words-2015-9?r=US&IR=T

thejeditraitor and Ezon Pin like this.
  24. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I thought Captain Typho & Senator Bail Organa were the same people at one point, if I am recalling myself correctly ... Not only do they look somewhat similar but they're both friends with Padme.

25. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    On the topic of some silly misconceptions When I was a kid, and watched the movies less regularly I didn't know Palpatine was the same character in all three movies. I don't know who I thought he was but when I finished watching episode III and went back to episode one I never saw him as a maniac sith plotting to take over the galaxy, I just saw him as the senator of Naboo under Queen Amidala maybe it was because he had red hair in one and white in the other two but it just went completely over my head. I don't know how I missed it for so long. [face_dunno] He must have just been such a good deceiver he tricked me as a little kid. :p

Huttese 101 likes this.