main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Misconceptions you had... EU version

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Revanfan1, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Obi-Wan has been a liar since 1980.

2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    So true. "Vader... betrayed and murdered your father." Uhhh sorry Master Kenobi, it didn't quite happen like that.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That's your perceptions. I don't agree.

4. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    There was no need to deceive Luke. Oh, wait, yes there was, because he wanted Luke to do the botched job he should have done properly 20 years beforehand.*

*I'm not saying Obi-Wan should have necessarily killed Anakin, but he might as well have.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

5. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    Well, when I first heard of the One Sith, I thought it was a group of Sith where everyone was their own master. I also thought Darth Maladi was a near-Human or a Sith hybrid, although I had never heard of Devaronians before I dug deeper.

6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Huh.

Vthuil likes this.
  7. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Honestly, I believe he had a good reason to lie. It protected Luke. I just enjoy making fun of Obi-Wan because he's one of my favorite Jedi. And well, a lie is a lie, so he is still technically a lier.

Revanfan1 and DigitalMessiah like this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Ar", me hearty.

9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah Qui-Gon is my favorite, but

JediKnight75 likes this.
  10. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Lol. Yes he was pretty terrible. No wonder Obi-Wan failed Anakin. With such a master, who can blame him.

11. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    "Credits will do fine."

"No, THEY WON'T!"

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Qui-Gon wasn't really trying to mind-trick Watto; he felt guilty about trying to cheat him so he faked it just for appearances' sake.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  13. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    This is a misconception brought about by a toy (They actually had micro-machine sets based on some of the early EU books... Truce at Bakura, Heir to the Empire, and Jedi Search), but for the longest time, I kept imagining Dreadnaughts like the Katana fleet to look like the Ssi-Ruuk egg-shaped ships.

On a related note, basically every other ship I imagined to look like a Nebulon-B frigate.

I used to think that the Jedi were much less monolithic than they later became, and I certainly never imagined anything as horrible, stagnant, and ill-conceived as a Jedi Council based on Coruscant.

JediKnight75 and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I also had a misconception about those same three micro machine sets. I believed they were based on the future episodes 7-9, starting with Heir to the Empire and ending with Truce at Bakura. I thought this for about 9 years. At that time I had just begun reading Star Wars novels and was starting the Thrawn Trilogy. I was looking at HTE's cover and I thought it looked similar to a toy set I had when I was younger. I hardly remembered those sets, but looked them up online and found all three. That sent me on a mission to read the other two books (and here sequels). What's weird is thag now I can look back and remember who each figure resembled.

15. GoingInside

GoingInside Jedi Master star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Ooh, and, on a related note to my earlier post, for the longest time, I imagined Interdictor cruisers to look like the Arc Hammer from the first Dark Forces game. Absolutely no reason why, it's just what I pictured in my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.