main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Misheard or misunderstood things in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Calvin, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    I don't remember seeing a thread like this in this particular forum, so I'll make one.

Pretty self-explanatory. Did you hear or see something on your first viewing that was corrected on subsequent viewings?
    Here are three things I thought I heard:

That Lor San Tekka said, "The First Order rolls from the dark side. You did not." Which I thought was a strange way of putting it.

That Leia said, "Oh, don't be about the girl. I'm sorry."

That C-3PO said, "Yes, I must get my proper armory installed."

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  2. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    The "rose from the Dark Side" line got me for a while, too - I couldn't quite catch what Tekka was saying because of the way the word "rose" was said.

Darth Calvin likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I thought Rey said the S Word when she tried to fire her blaster for the first time but she actually said "oh safety" lol it could have worked either way

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I was 100% positive that Snoke called Ren "The last of the Knights of Ren", people on here who have seen it more than once claim he was saying "The master of the Knights of Ren" and I see no reason to dispute their claims so I just don't think about it.

Snoke has to enunciate better I think. I will wait and see episode 8 and that will likely better explain all this.

Darth Calvin likes this.
  6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Kylo Ren sounds like he is saying "Youssa right" before he kills Lor San Tekka. I guess he is really saying "You're so right" but when I re-watch it I still hear Jar Jar Binks, lol.

And when Han Solo is talking to Finn on Starkiller Base, I thought he said "The galaxy is coming on us"(or other word that sounds the same). I know he really says "The galaxy is counting on us"

7. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    The first time I watched the movie I thought LST said "The First Order stems from the dark side. You did not?" Saying it in a questioning manner instead of stating a fact.

8. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    When Kylo Ren said "look how old you've become" to Lor I was under the impression that these two men use to be a couple then broke up and haven't seen each other for years.

Lulu Mars and Little_Boots like this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I thought the FO blew up Coruscant... until I heard Poe mention the Hosnian System.
    I don't know whether that misunderstanding was unintended or not, though.

10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

did anybody actually call it Hosnian Prime in the Film though? I've only seen it once so pardon my ignorance, but I seem to recall nobody said the planets name in it, plus the internet was exploding at the possibility Coruscant was blown, only for the people who read the books, or film guilds to come in and sooth tempers informing everyone it was Hosnian Prime. I could be wrong, or maybe I just missed it, but I seem to recall.

11. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    o_O

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    poe said, 'the weapon that destroyed the hosnian system."

13. Little_Boots

Little_Boots Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    When Rey said "I'm Rey" to Finn it sounds like she is saying "Amarey" or.... Basically something that is all together.

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Lol this is embarrassing but

Finn's "The Falcon's this way!" as they escape the base; first time, I was caught off guard when I MAJORLY misheard it as "The **** is this way?"

Because he pronounced the a as in like in "talk" rather than a word like "apple"

Lulu Mars likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.