main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Misplaced ~ THE FULL TRAILER INSIDE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The_Battle_For_Endor, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    This is the proper trailer for my film Misplaced, for which the ending hasn't been filmed yet. :~I The ending includes quite a bit of action so rest assured this film isn't "all talk" . I like this trailer in a content kind of way. Please check it out and reply.

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/cueball_1/MisplacedFullTrailer.wmv

copy and paste, no direct linking allowed :(

There are two parts of the trailer, or more specifically two clips that have the original sound, e.g it messes up with the main song, try not to let it bother you, enjoy and reply!

keep in mind this is a COMEDY.

Thanks, Luke Ryan

2. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    It starts of funny, but then seems to be serious. I know it's a comedy, but it really does seem that way near the end because of the music choice.

Now the trailer itself. I think it's a bit too long. I mean I think I got the jist of it by the first half. by the second, it was just random pictures. Normally that works to reveal mor eof a possible story, or to add some more action shots, but this didn't reveal anything in the second half, and I feel asleep almost.

Sorry for sounding harsh...

3. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    WARNING Adult language.

4. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    WARNING: I didn't hear any adult language?

dont worry, i didnt expect anyone to love it. I was a bit iffy about the second part too. I basically did the second part to show some more stuff from the film. When the films done I will make the third and final trailer with action shots in the second half.

come on people get watching this thing and release your negatvie comments! :)

5. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    I'd like to make a request to anyone kind enough to watch my trailer and give a review on it. eg. talk about editing, music, and most importantly the content. What made you laugh/cringe/bored/disgusted etc. If anyone could spare the time to do this I would be very grateful. I just need some advice on the whole thing so I can become better as a film director/writer/editor.

Thanks

6. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    It is definitely too long and it holds your hand and walks you through the story with all those titles. A few of them are alright but you started spelling out every plot point, but the idea is cool...and yes the quality of the text is very nice. The story does look interesting, as do some of the shots I saw...but work on the audio because it turned me off of the trailer, so I would never last through the film if you don't fix it. Nice job...good luck finishing it up.

7. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
  8. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    BUMP

any more feedback?

9. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    downloading now....

OK - well, i think its way! to long. 4:31 is too long for a trailer, even a full one. THeatrical trailers rarely go over 2:30.

TO be honest, this trailer doesnt evoke much interest in your film - it basicly tells the audience the storyline, and how he gets there, without any mention of an unresolved conflict that we are dying to see.

The second half, i skipped through. it was just a whole lot of camera shots, that looked like his 'new' roomate n stuff - so that didnt exactly move the trailer to a point where i would place your film on my must see list.

If you can - try and get some editing software other than Windows Movie Maker, the transitions and text (i think) look mediocre.

The shots looked alright, sometimes the dialogue was a bit low though.

Goodluck with your film

10. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Why did you bump if it wasn't off the front page?

11. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I think the point of a trailer is to show the premise of the movie using as little as possible. That makes this trailer a wee bit on the long side. Try to judiciously cut it down to 3 minutes or so. In many cases this isn't acheived by cutting shots (though some can go) but rather by cutting into dialogue at the opportune moment.

For example, in the bank card scene, we already know who's been yelled at - so you can cut in at "get down to that bank"... we really don't need much more of the bit to get the point.

-Spiff

12. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
    thanks everyone again, keep the comments coming their a great help.

13. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Don't use WMV.

14. The_Battle_For_Endor

Jul 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.