main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Missed or wasted opportunities in the show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    This. And the fact that TCW would have had to include Rex instead of Alpha and omit Ventress would serve up a different perspective on the battle, but as someone who loved Landing at Point Rain, the prolonged struggle, heavy Republic losses and also Alto Stratus as a possible effective Separatist villain was what interested me most.

2. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    The battle for Raxus.

Given it was introduced as the separatist capital and seat of their civilian government I predict we would have seen it eventually had the show run its course.

I predict it would have had a “Battle of Berlin” vibe to it with Republic troops storming the separatist parliament building to plant the Republic flag on the roof. Alas, not to be…:(

Was kinda hoping Lux would have remained a separatist and fought in the defence, could have provided a dilemma for Ahsoka if they had done it while she was still a Jedi. But Lux isn’t a separatist anymore and Ahsoka isn’t a Jedi anymore so that obviously wasn’t going to happen.

Revanfan1 and Circular Logic like this.
  3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Filoni would have had the Reichstag flag raiser be Ahsoka, naturally.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. DatPadawan

Feb 17, 2013
    The Ahsoka jokes are still going? That character made quite an impact...

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I once ate Swedish meatballs and got food poisoning. Those meatballs made quite an impact too.

Revanfan1 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  6. DatPadawan

Feb 17, 2013
    Well if I ever find myself short a few "likes" I now know how to get some easy ones.:p

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    At least, Anakin in the RoTS novel is described as devoted to "friends" above "the greater good":

"For Anakin," Obi-Wan said at length, "there is nothing more important than friendship. He is the most loyal man I have ever met - loyal beyond reason, in fact. Despite all I have tried to teach him about the sacrifices that are at the heart of being a Jedi, he - he will never, I think, truly understand."
    He looked over at Yoda. "Master Yoda, you and I have been close since I was a boy. An infant. Yet if ending this war one week sooner - one day sooner - were to require that I sacrifice your life, you know I would."
    "As you should," Yoda said. "As I would yours, young Obi-Wan. As any Jedi would any other, in the cause of peace."
    "Any Jedi," Obi-Wan said, "except Anakin."
    Yoda and Mace exchanged glances, both thoughtfully grim. Obi-Wan guessed they were remembering the times Anakin had violated orders - the times he had put at risk entire operations, the lives of thousands, the control of entire planetary systems - to save a friend.
    More than once, in fact, to save Obi-Wan.

Revanfan1 and Zer0 like this.
  8. Pakkpekatt

Pakkpekatt Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2013
    A batlle against the Bpfhassi dark jedi. Everybody forgot about them.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Red Lightsaber Free-For-All Extravaganza: Maul, Savage & Ventress vs Count Dooku and Darth Sidious

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd actually like to see a variation of that battle in which Ventress kicks Maul's ass.

And adds Nightsister-enhanced itching powder to Dooku's pajamas.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    [face_rofl]

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One day I'll tell you all about some of the mischievous prank-type **** I pulled on people when I was younger.

But you know Dooku deserves that. [face_devil]

13. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I actually liked how Anakin was shown in the show. No, I'm not trying to criticize anyone's acting ability. But I think his character was more likeable in the show.

I also think the relationship between OB1 & Anakin was better shown in the show.

I would have liked to have seen more development between Anakin and Padme. It just felt rushed and half baked in the movies.
    I think the show could have shown just how much they loved each other. Sure their marriage is secret, but they did have scenes alone where that could have been developed.

A more powerful Anakin. He's supposed the be the Chosen One, that brings a lot of expectation. But I wanted to see how Anakin felt about that title. Was he pressured? Arrogant?

To see Anakin taking more steps to the Darkside.

Why Mace had such distrust for Anakin. During the show, he seemed ok with Anakin at times. Granted they weren't going out for beers after a mission, but Mace wasn't nearly as hostile as he was to him in RotS. What happened?

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Well, prior to Mortis from the looks of it Anakin thought the chosen one thing was BS.

After Mortis? Not sure. He may have accepted it, I dunno.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I assumed just from the films that Anakin felt a hell of a lot of pressure from the Chosen One title. AOTC in particular made me think that Qui-Gon made a huge mistake in discussing the subject in front of him.

One thing Mortis did was show the beginning of Anakin's path to the Stupid Side, which continued in ROTS.

16. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I would have liked to have seen that explored more. If that knowledge had any influence on his actions, especially after Mortis.

17. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Here's another one I thought of. It would've been nice to see a fight between Ahsoka and a newly freed Barriss. Preferably in bikinis.

18. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Windu vs Dooku, of course
    More Sidious vs. anyone, really.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  19. DatPadawan

Feb 17, 2013
    Hell yeah, and no lightsabers, hand to hand... in a tub of oil...

Meh, the more he does it the less special it is.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Heero_Yuy like this.
  20. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I don't know what way I read that, but at first I thought it said "a fight between ANAKIN and a newly freed Barriss. Preferably in Bikinis."
    Now that would truly be heading down a dark path.:D

21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I feel that a wasted opportunity is that we never saw other Jedi action unlike 2003.

Except for season 1 the battles with Jedi is repeatedly the big 3.

Not enough wolf pack action and other Jedi's.

Would of been could to see a end game for Commander Jet and the introduction of Bacara and the Galactic Marines.

More episodes like.....

Lair of Grievous
    Liberty on Ryloth
    Cloak of Darkness maybe replacing Ahsoka with another Padawan or Barriss
    Supply lines
    Etc.........

Hey it would of also been cool to have Qui Gon communicating with Yoda
    From the polish stuff one of the scenes was Qui Gon telling Yoda to go to Dagobah and Pablo said it sounded familiar.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe we'll find out in Rebels if the Sith are able to mask their visage. I mean, Luke was hit with pretty much the same amount of lightning and we saw no burns on him. Besides the deformity, though, the sudden rotten teeth can't be explained.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    If he was using some weird esoteric Force power to make people look at him and "see" his face differently from how it actually looked, why wouldn't he have dropped the guise as soon as Windu and the Jedi walked in to arrest him? Since he was dropping all other pretense and revealing himself as a Sith Lord at that point.

Also, if such a power existed, it sure would be some power, since it would apparently work via photos, holo and video displays et al. Hmm... it shouldn't affect droids. A smart droid might wonder why none of the organics around him said anything about the Chancellor's hideous face. If he ever popped the question the ruse would be out.

I think in general all these masking theories are too complicated. What is the supposed "mask"?

If the face of Palpatine, as seen prior to his duel with mace, was composed of normal living tissue, being his face then I don't see how it could be called a "mask". Even if surgery or advanced medical technology was necessary to make it look like that and prevent massive Force-use from ruining it, it would still be him, still be his face. It's his own skin, his own living flesh, attached to his skull. It's his face. The only way it could be a "mask" is if it were literally something artificial attached to his face.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think it's a semantics issue. I don't think the "mask" is meant to be literal. I believe the story Sithisis and a sourcebook claim that Palpatine uses alchemy to appear young. So if he's taking some kind of weird dark side elixir to rejuvenate his face and look healthy, you would be correct that it's still his own skin attached to his skull, he's just disguising the Dark Side rot through alchemy.

So it's not a literal mask, no more so than someone that has plastic surgery done on their face is wearing a mask, I think it's just a convenient word to get the idea across that Palpatine has had the withered appearance before, but has to use means to correct it, vs. the theory that he's never looked like that before until his fight with Mace.

Jedi Knight Fett and Iron_lord like this.
  25. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    LOL, I was going for something at least a BIT tasteful, but I guess going full out exploitation works too. The last season should pull out all the stops, you know!

As for Sidious fighting again? I agree he shouldn't use a lightsaber again. Still, if he were to go up against Talzin, I wouldn't mind him showing her what true mastery of The Force is like.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.