main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Missed or wasted opportunities in the show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Very true, though I am grateful that TCW gives us more of a peek into ancient Sith lore than any of the Star Wars films in episodes like Witches of the Mist and Escape From Kadavo.

Circular Logic likes this.
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Another wasted opportunty is Darth Maul and Savage Opress not recruiting their own tribesmen. I was surprised that they weren't even considered. I'm sure they would have made far better warriors than most of the dregs they rounded up.

3. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I don't agree to Death Watch working with Boba, because it's so fascinating to see Boba's struggle on his own. It was enough for me that Maul managed to form an 'injustice league' with all the crime syndicates and Death Watch.

I'd love any references to Darth Plagueis or the Sith Empire. Also, more Huyang because David Tennant, and because he could have made references to KOTOR. I would have liked Anakin to use more of the dark side in various fights like he did against Ventress in clone wars.

4. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Bo-Katan. From her first appearance, she was remorseless, cruel, and vicious. Then the writers saw fit to white-wash her because, h'yuck!, girls can't be evil! We already had Ventress for quasi-redeemed chicks, Bo-Katan could have been a nice subversion.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    More Bo-Katan, period. That was a missed opportunity.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    ^ Starbuck fans.

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The underuse of Aurra Sing (as far as evil women on TCW goes, she definitely takes the cake). After 'Assassin', I wondered if she'd show up again but nope, never showed up for the rest of the series. If the talked-about bounty hunter arc will be released as part of the bonus stuff, I hope she will be in it.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Owen telling Obi-Wan and Anakin to stop their damn fool idealistic crusade.

9. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Agreed. Her random being Satines sister and flirting with Obi-wan, made me wonder why they even bothered to kill off Satine, if Bo-Katan was just going to become her clone.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I would disagree with Bo-Katan being Satine's "clone". For one thing, unlike her sister, Bo-Katan is certainly not a pacifist. She didn't make her way up the ladder to become Pre Vizsla's top lieutenant if she was amenable to the New Mandalorian ideals. On the contrary, she wants to restore Mandalore's former warrior culture to Sundari. Now, I'm aware too that you meant that you were disappointed in Bo-Katan becoming one of the "good guys", but I felt that she was actually a pretty good "gray" character in the end. You know, she's done many horrible things for Vizsla (as evidenced by the episode A Friend in Need), but with the Death Watch leader dead, she took over and I had the impression that she leans far more toward the True Mandalorian ideals than the more terrorist-leaning tendencies of Death Watch.

I suspect too, that her alliance with Obi-Wan (a Jedi) was only out of necessity, so that he could help her forces defeat Maul with the potential aid of the Republic coming to Mandalore to intervene. But once order is restored and Bo-Katan's faction regains control of Sundari, I suspect she would want nothing but to expel the Republic and the Jedi from the planet. She might be willing to do things that Vizsla would never do due to pride, but deep down Bo-Katan probably holds the Mandalorian belief that the Jedi are sworn enemies to heart. So while The Lawless seemed to portray Bo-Katan as one of the "heroes", she can easily shift the other way once she gets what she wants.

Also, I'm not arguing against Sable's point either; like Ventress, I see Bo-Katan as more of an anti-villain type or even anti-hero by the end, but her story is clearly not over, so there's really only four episodes where we got a glimpse of her character. Though I personally like where TCW went with her character. I agree with anakinfansince1983 that we was severely underused in the series; I'm really hoping she'll make a return in Rebels so that we can see more character development for her.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the awesome Tikkes shout-out!

NOT HAVING THE SEPARATIST COUNCIL OR ALL OF THE MEMBERS ON THEIR OWN IN THE SEASONS IS THE BIGGEST MISS AND CRIME OF THE SHOW FOR ME...

I mean I know Filoni explained about Tikkes, but I still can not take it after the show ended. I mean Riff Tamson was ok, but I mean they did not need to re-invent Dac with the stupid kingdom idea. A nice Tikkes appearance would have happened if the show just stayed with the fact that fish are creatures that on our planet are more or less a shoaling. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Heringsschwarm.gif
    So a council rulling the planet would make more sense than a kingdom and having a random alien like Tamson would want to rule over it.
    And do not start me on Nossor Ri. I HAVE SAID IT ONCE and I will say it again - there was room for two quarren in the arc. Why did we need to have 4 Zygerrians in the Zygerrian arc!? I love D'Nar and Atai, but people complain that they look the same and yet the creators made put them in the show. And how about all the identical human characters that show up and die in the same episode?!
    But there was no room for Tikkes in the Mon Calamari arc cause there would be two leading Quarren. Why not have Nossor Ri be Tikkes's assistant that betrays Tikkes to save the people of Mon Calamari?! Why not have Tikkes be evil and be a figure for the Quarren of Mon Calamari could rally behind him and serve the CIS. Tikkes could betray his people for the sake of being rich and in power - we have real-world equivalents of that on Earth and the show did not want to deal with realistic villain in favor of an usurper king... a story that the show repeated in the following Season.
    I can go on and on and on and on and on about how I find it annoying that so many pointless characters made into the show, but my beloved Tikkes did not. Even stinky Gardulla, Greedo and Adi Gallia made it into the show and did nothing...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT, DARN IT@@!!!

I do hope San Hill appears, HE HAS TO!

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    A follow up to the whole Mortis arc thing would have been interesting, too. We could have gotten a wealth of knowledge about the Prophecy — the history of the Sith and Jedi rivalry — the events that occurred two millennia ago that explains the Ones more. And who knows what else? Again, we know no more than what we've learned from the Prequels. But I'm glad we got to see more droid adventures, though. Because that's what's really important. ;)

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Because he's Darth Plagueis!

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That would be one hell of a twist...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's actually a meme on TFN.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Another missed opportunity on the show was showing Anakin's cybernetic arm

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I remember a quick reference during The Zillo Beast. The Republic's EMP EPB superweapon caused his mechanical arm to sizzle. (Don't ask me why it permanently affected the droids but not his arm.)

Circular Logic likes this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Right. Like it short circuited or something. But maybe he absorbed it, like Yoda had done with Dooku's Force Lightning.

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I know it's been said a few times already, but I would also like to add Obi-Wan meeting the Lars

Anakin telling Palpatine what happened to the Tusken Raiders after his mother died

How Palpatine found out about Anakin and Padme's marriage

Also what does Padme's family know of her and Anakin

20. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    While I think poor Yularen was underused in general (the man would have made for an excellent foil to Anakin as his char developed, even more so than he was in seasons 1 and 2) I would have loved to see the man's opinion on clones in the Navy. We know from EU sources that the non-clone naval officers didn't get on well with them, and it'd be interesting to see friction or lack thereof.

...you know what, screw it, let's see more of the non-clone officer and clone relationship, not just within the Navy. Are Admiral Yularen and Rex good friends? Does Admiral Coburn get a lum with Commander Wolffe off-duty? Do Tarkin and Fox get on alright? So many interesting stories there.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Red Leader and Anakin flying together.

22. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    QFT

Also too much of a reliance on Anakin/Obi Wan for my tastes, I wish appearances by them had been special.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Well the show was made to show their friendship besides war :p

24. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    If only there were three movies that would have told that story well...

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ROTS kinda did. If it were up to me, TPM and AOTC would have been completely different..