main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Missed or wasted opportunities in the show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Aug 21, 2013.

1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I think that's something of a gray area. When Savage told Maul of the Clone Wars, Maul seemed to know what he was talking about instantly and was irritated that it began without him. If the Clone Wars were all part of the plan, intended to include Maul before his unexpected death, then it is possible that he, either as a public figure or behind the scenes (as he was in the Mandalore ordeal), was competent enough to lead the CIS.

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul may have been competent enough to take Dooku's place, but it's already pretty late in the game at that point in the timeline. I'd think it would be pretty difficult to transition power to a guy that 'came out of no where' and killed Dooku.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

I would think that he would sit behind the scenes like how he did on Mandalore, being the power behind Almec's throne. On the off chance that Maul took up the mantle of Sith Lord again and killed Dooku, I would think that Dooku's death would be blamed on the Republic, and that Maul would not take his place in the public eye. He might instead have a senator or member of the CIS Council come forward to be the public figurehead for the CIS, while Maul handles the strategic end of things and tells said public figure what to do and say.

I mean to hypothetically re-write AOTC, I would think that would have been the plan had Maul survived TPM. Maul would assemble the commerce leaders, he would get them to sign the treaty. Obi-Wan might see that Maul is alive and report to the Jedi/senate that a Sith is ruling the CIS, but without any kind of concrete proof (and with Maul hiding from the public eye) the war of the Jedi/Republic against the CIS would just look like a witch hunt, and the public might still come to suspect that the Jedi started the war to gain more power because of it.

darth fluffy and Circular Logic like this.
  4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    He is still a Padawan for most of the micro-series, so that makes sense..

I still think CW achieved better balance and consistency with Anakin's character than TCW, but I guess there is still the bonus content to look forward to. Doubt it'll fill any "gaps", but who knows..

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The bonus content, no matter what will not close out the clone wars. We have more questions then answers. Maul should have been killed, and Mother Talzoin should have been dealt with. All the other stuff I can accept, but I can{t accept them two being alive or going into hiding. Just to come up in Rebels and have a Darth Vader fight him to be the ultimate sith. Nope. It{s corny.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd prefer for Talzin to be alive and Maul to be dead for Rebels, personally.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree, but I want go even further than that. I think all Force users should be dead once Order 66 is initiated, and any who weren't killed should be dead either before or no more than a year after the Clone Wars. Besides Vader and the Emperor, Obi-Wan and Yoda should be the only ecxceptions - at least that's what the OT implies. The OT needs to retain that mystique and feeling that the Jedi are long dead and that the two decades that pass by will be devoid of any Jedi Knights.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Obi-Wan says the Jedi are "all but extinct." That means very few, but he didn't say there was only one other (Yoda).

9. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    ^Obi-Wan was also in hiding on Tatooine for 20 years. He wouldn't necessarily know about every surviving Jedi.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Mother Talzin is the biggest mystery in the show. I mean...who or what is she, really?

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    One thing that I'd have loved to see in TCW are GAR clones chanting Jango Fett's war hymns from Republic Commando, like Vode An, Gra'tua Cuun, Kote Darasuum, Dha Werda Verda, and Ka'rta Tor. This could have further cemented that clone brotherhood the show had going while emphasizing the cultural upbringing of the man whom they are all clones of.

Here are the lyrics of Vode An:

Kote!
    Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
    Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
    Bal kote, darasuum kote,
    Jorso'ran kando a tome.
    Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
    Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
    Bal...
    Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
    Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
    Aruetyc talyc runi'la solus cet o'r.
    Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
    Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
    Aruetyc talyc runi'la trattok'o.
    Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

Glory!
    One indomitable heart, Brothers all.
    We, the wrath of Coruscant, Brothers all.
    And glory, eternal glory,
    We shall bear its weight together.
    Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.

One indomitable heart, Brothers all.
    We, the wrath of Coruscant, Brothers all.
    And...
    Those who stand before us light the night sky in flame.
    Our vengeance burns brighter still.
    Every last traitorous soul shall kneel.
    Those who stand before us light the night sky in flame.
    Our vengeance burns brighter still.
    Every last traitorous soul shall fall.
    Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all!
    In fact, I felt that TCW missed an opportunity to actually have Mandalorians like the Death Watch converse in Mando'a, even in the background.

Edit: Someone made a video with TCW clips to three of these Mandalorian chants:

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Force ghosting and communing with them could have been delved in. Is it a new ability, or a forgotten one? Hopefully, the Yoda arc will go over this, but I doubt it.

Introducing a group of Kaleesh warriors would have been interesting...if they even bothered to show Grievous' homeworld, that is.

podjazd likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    GG was too weak.
    The Mandalore arc was not expanded well enough, especially Satine sisters.
    Durge totally should make appearance.
    Dooku went to the frontline for too many times.
    Aayla should have more screen time and probably have some conversation with Anakin about her romance and compare to his.

Mzukiller likes this.
  14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Am I the only one here who thought that he wasn't "too weak" during the majority of the show?

Isn't Anakin's romance (and marriage) supposed to be a secret & so how can Aayla even talk about it then? (and as for her romance, I suppose you're talking about the short stint with Kit Fisto as shown in the comics).

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's the second time he's mentioned that and probably won't be the last.

Life is too short for the Jedi to spend trying to talk to Anakin about his romance. They'd have better luck going to Palpatine had convincing him not to be a Sith anymore.

16. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Of course GG was too weak in TCW.

Well, it would be interesting to let Aayla know it, and I think quite a few Jedi, including the leaders knew Anakin and Padme's relationship but they didn't want to break it because the Jedi NEED ally in the Senate.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm starting to think that this would maybe make a good or at least somewhat interesting discussion thread in the Saga In-Depth section.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    No, I didn't either.

19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Sometimes I actually like the short-tempered coughy Grievous.. I dunno, it's amusing. I think a lot of people just wish he did more and lost less.

Mzukiller likes this.
  20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm somewhere in the middle on Grievous. I think he should have won more, especially in ship-to-ship combat. But I also don't think he should be as powerful as he was in the micro series.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    An obvious one is having Anakin fight Maul. Another would be Dooku fighting someone else besides Anakin seriously it was getting boring.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

From ESB, Jedi can see what's happening far away- sometimes in the future or the past:

Yoda: "This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future, to the horizon..."

Later:

Yoda: "Through the Force, things you will see. The future. The past. Old friends long gone."

Same may apply to Sith.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    They do

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen"

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    With some limitations:

"My son is with them."
    "Are you sure?"
    "I have felt him, my Master."
    "Strange that I have not."

- maybe at this point there's a bond between Luke and Vader, that allows Vader to sense Luke, even when Luke's "shield" is strong enough to hide him from the Emperor.

25. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    ....I have no idea how to fix this.