main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Missing a codec for after effects

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Marchitn, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marchitn

Marchitn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi I have a video that plays fine in windows media player

but when i try to import it into after effects i get a message that says "no such avi compressor"

that doesnt make much sense to me in the first place but then i opened it in media player again and went to properties and it showed what the AUDIO compression was but the VIDEO compression listed nothing it was blank

i hope soemone is kind enough to suggest what i might be missing and how i can get it or whatever so i may be able to edit this video

it plays in all the media players but wont open in after effects......

2. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    What kind of file is it?

If it is an ASF, WMV or an MPEG, you will not be able to open it in AE.

3. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Can it be imported into windows movie maker? If so, export as .avi or something...or possibly try doing it in your editing app like premiere.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    If it's an .avi file and you're having that problem, instead of Import a Footage File, try Import Footage As and make the file something like a QT .mov - I think that will at least get it into AE so you can work with it. Hope that helps.

5. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Where did the file come from? Ask the person who wade it what it was compressed in.

SWmaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.