main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Missing a tool , a story for the OC's october challenge , one post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Missing a tool
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: intertrilogy
    Characters: OC?s from my diaries
    Genre: one shot humour
    Keywords:
    Summary: Luciano has trouble getting his exercise done. Marhin finds the lost tool and hears a story of the owl.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Missing a tool

In a clearing was an old speeder standing with its front against a big wastebin. It looked as if it had been in a crash and a bad one. The roof was dented and a figure could be seen behind the controls.
    A black clad human with dark hair with wisps of grey in it gave it a statisfied smile.

Luciano Robi was preparing his gear for the exercise of the firefighters when he spotted 9 year old Marhin Adin strolling towards him. Marhin was the son of one of the Jedihealers at the estate of Eled-hir and Luciano knew that healer Kaagi very well from his days serving at the Jeditemple.

The Jeditemple was destroyed only 15 years and some odd weeks ago and he still remembered that vividly and it brought tears to his eyes.

He had been on a trip to Tatooine with his friends Boyd Vienar and Alwin Karao to see Boyd?s sister Sheryl race in the Boonta Eve podrace but they never got there.

Rescuing Obi-Wan and getting a request to bring Yoda?s lightsaber to Moniron had intervened and now he was with Alwin at the estate of Eled-Hir.

He had been given a job to train the new firefighters but he still missed the company of Boyd and the other firefighters on Alderaan.

Marhin stopped in front of him and said ?hey, the missing tool of Mr. Ed beaver? and he pointed at a big box with tools.

Luciano said ?which tool??

Marhin took two steps towards the box and grabbed a wrench and said ?this one. Yesterday Master Aaqu was telling me a story and the beaver lost his tool and I found it.?

Marhin ran away clutching the wrench to his chest and Luciano gave an exasperated sigh and followed the boy. The tool was needed for the next exercise with the old speeder and his students would arrive shortly.

?I found it, I found Mr. Beaver?s tool, Master Aaqu where are you? I want to go to the garage of the beavers? Marhin was yelling as he entered the big house where the healers had their offices.

A greying head with intense but friendly green brown eyes peeked around a door and said ?Marhin I am here. What did you find??

Marhin said ?Mr. Beaver?s tool. Your last story ended with him missing his wrench.?

Master Aaqu saw Luciano Robi standing behind Marhin fully clad in firefighters gear and smiled.

He said ?it can be Mr. Beaver?s tool. I will get the book of the Owl and tell you the rest of the story.?

Master Aaqu went to his desk and found an old medical book and settled himself in his comfortable chair. Marhin took a seat on the floor and Luciano did likewise after a gesture from Master Aaqu that he would get his wrench back.

Master Aaqu began ?yesterday I told that Ed Beaver had lost his tool. Mr. Jake the Owl says ?Ed I have seen Will Beaver going to the ant?s house. She was complaining about a sink that was overflowing. He was carrying a toolbox. Your lost tool can be in it.? Ed and Jake the Owl walked to the ant and an exited twittering was heard. ?Cleaning always cleaning my home, it never ends. My sink is working again. Tr Tut Twit more cleaning to do.? Will Beaver left the ant?s house and Ed gave a relieved smile because the wrench was in the box. Ed and Will walked back to the garage and the owl said ?beaks closed and eyes shut.?

Marhin said ?no bedtime Master Aaqu it is only morning. I am glad the beaver found his tool.? He was looking at the wrench on the floor and said ?and whose tool it that??

Luciano said with a big smile on his face ?mine and if you want to look what I am doing with it, you are invited Marhin.?

Marhin ran back towards the place where he had found the tool and Luciano and Aaqu followed him.

Master Aaqu said ?I like to watch you as well and it is good to see you smiling again Luciano.?

Luciano said ?that story of the beaver reminded me of my youth and

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very unique! :D I loved it. =D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That was adorable. :D

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You do get the deepth that I miss in GL's prequels. Thanks for filling your stories with so much life, sweetness, "human" warmth and credibility!

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    =D= Nicely done!

6. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Great response, Earlybird!

I found this to be so utterly endearing :D A great demonstration of how to make OCs happy, hehe. Great work with easy-rolling pace!

Excellent stuff, Earlybird :D

P.S - great OC names too :cool:

7. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Very nice story, earlybird. :) It was neat to see how the events with Marhin reminded Luciano of his own childhood and made him happy again. Great job!

-Thumper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.