main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Missing: All the lovely posters :( *now official poster thread*

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth-Tom, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I detest vandalism in any way. It's messy, dangerous, time consuming, messy, noisy, Dangerous...... did I mention time consuming?

It's a rank amatuer who resorts to that level. Put it this way, the first time I tried to get a poster (and it wasn't an AotC poster either), I tried smashing the perspex with a carjack. It didn't even scratch the perspex. I've alreaady mentioned what you need in order to get in, and a vague description of how to get in. If you can't work it out from that, you deserve to be busted.

2. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    "Distributor 20th Century Fox has been forced to reprint the stolen posters ..."

LOL! It's going to end up like the figurines with fans saying "Do you have the second run of this poster?" etc etc...

+ Media exposure is sure going to make the crimes increase.

Anyone got a Count Dooku one yet?

3. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    Ok tonight's the night!! wooooohooooooo! i was too drunk last night, but tonight i've organised a whole group of riff raff to go on a spree! yeeeehaaa new wallpaper for my room :) :)

4. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    I have all four. It's really not that hard, and I haven't resorted to vandalism, except in one case where someone had already demolished the shelter but gave up before they could get the poster.

5. Cockatiel

Apr 4, 2002
    Vandalism, theft, tampering with private (AD Shell) & public (Council) property, Malicious damage ... just some of the charges that would have been laid if you were caught 'lifting' that poster from the shelter that somebody else had already wrecked Caesar.

Luckily you were not caught, and you are also fortunate to have the Dooku one. ;)

6. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, well, Cockatiel, it's all a matter of timing, and as I might have stated earlier, I take a dim view of vandalism personally. I know it sounds hypocritical to say it, but that's just me.

7. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Has anyone seen any actual posters for sale, any non-stolen ones that is?

I saw some cardboard looking thingy at KMart but it looked a bit bulky to carry around.

8. Cockatiel

Apr 4, 2002
    Hope you don't think I was judging you Caesar, as I wasn't, I was just giving information, nothing more, nothing less. :):)

9. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    They are all gone from my area.

:(

10. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I know Rick McCallum isn't too miserable about it. ;)

I read in...I think it was the Herald on Saturday that...I can't remember the quote. But he wasn't upset. :D

11. Count_D

Count_D Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    He was quite pleased with the ingenuity of Star Wars fans and doesn't mind a bit of "rape and pillage"

12. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    That's the one I was thinking of!

Thanks, D. :D

13. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    ^ It's good publicity, anyway!

14. DarthDatorri

DarthDatorri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2001
    For those of you who have a Dooku poster, is he flanked by Super Battle Droids or Clonetroopers???

When I first saw them, I was sure they were Battle Droids, but the ones I have are Clonetroopers.

15. Ghost_of_Caesar

Nov 27, 2000
    Mine have clonetroopers, and it's the same for all the Dooku posters that I've seen. Not that it matters too much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.