main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Missing Dialogue...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Stejo-Miwar, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stejo-Miwar

Stejo-Miwar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I posted this in the Episode III Spoiler section and would like to appologise to the MODS...I wasn't thinking where i was.

-------------

Anyhow, as i was watching A New Hope for about the millionth time the other day, i spotted something i have never noticed before.

It's in the Conference Room:

VADER: He is here...
    TARKIN: Obi-Wan Kenobi! What makes you think so?
    VADER: A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.
    TARKIN: Surely he must be dead by now.
    VADER: Don't underestimate the power of the Force...(HERE)

Vader then lifts his hand and shakes it as if he is saying something else, but never does. And it seems as if there is supposed to be some extra dialogue in that action but it never happens.

"Is this a possible deleted scene at this point ?"

Check it out and see what you think.

2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That is a classic error in ANH. Once you see it, you can't imagine why you never saw it before. ;)

You can find a list of such errors here:

www.movie-mistakes.com

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I have always assumed that JEJ was talking faster than Dave Prowse.

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    When the scene was done, Prowse probably had a different line, or a longer line. And when JEJ did the dialogue it was changed and never re-shot.

5. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I'd say it was a cut line too, it seemed to me like there was more dialogue but it was decided not to include it. I've always wondered what he was saying.

Other scenes always made me wonder if there was a different or cut Vader line. Another example was when Vader says:

"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi and will soon see the end of the Rebellion"

Then Tarkin looks back at Vader with a look that seems to suggest that he has said something really strange. Maybe it's just the way I viewed that scene.

6. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I think it's a deleted scene.

I think the book of ANH said that Vader lifted a cup from the table to demonstrate his powers.
    I've also seen images on the web of this scene, but those were just storyboards, but it is a possiblilty that it was filmed, but just never used.

7. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    Yes, this in fact was cut out. While Vader shakes his fist, he cusses Tarkin out... Lucas felt it was to vulger to include

BTW, Thats a joke.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Then Tarkin looks back at Vader with a look that seems to suggest that he has said something really strange.

I think that was Tarkin's equivalent of a rolleyes to let Vader know he was getting sick of the poetic melodrama. ;)

9. Darth_Nabb

Darth_Nabb Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the actual scene in question here is where Vader tells Tarkin
    "I told you she would never coniciously betray the rebellion"

10. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I think you're right!

11. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    It could also be footage from a different scene (or a different angle) with new dialogue dubbed in. Lucas does this a few times in the PT as well.

12. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    I never thought of that hand gesture as an error. I just thought it was one of those goofy fist shakes.

13. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Naw, it's a goofy Sith shake.

It used to be a "secret" Sith hand-shake, until he did it in front of everyone. ;)

14. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I thought that Vader was in like one of those Kung-fu flicks that are dubbed.

Just kidding :)

15. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Not only is the lip-sync off, but Lucas can't even match the gestures, either! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.