main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Missing Images ? Anakin/Amidala between Ep. I and II

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ami-padme, Feb 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    I will say that I am very sad to see this wonderful story ending! But...with writing as good as this, who can complain?!

Marie

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Oh, but there's lots of space you can go back and make up scenes for...

Definitely a satisfying romance here. I was just soaring when they finally kissed!

3. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    ami-padme, you did a great job with this!

4. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Hmmm...I did say two more posts didn't I? Well, if that's going to hold, today's is going to be a bit short. It's cute though. The very last post will come tomorrow.

5. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    "And as we gather here, at the dawn of a new era, we must resolve to face down those who would threaten us, to protect ourselves from those who would harm us, to fortify ourselves against those who would weaken the very foundation our Republic rests on. I ask all of you, whether Senator or diplomat, royalty or bureaucrat, to join me..."

Palpatine continued with his speech. He hadn't said anything of particular surprise or import, but these speeches were not expected to be policy expositions. Amidala kept one ear on the Chancellor while she tried to spot Anakin. Every Jedi on a non-essential assignment had been recalled to Coruscant, so large groups of Jedi were present throughout the Chamber. This is impossible, she sighed to herself. I'll just have to wait -

Ami, is that the best you can do? I'm disappointed. Anakin's voice whispered in her mind, teasing and gentle.

Amidala jumped a little, and hoped that no one noticed. Their mental bond had grown stronger over time, but she hadn't quite grown accustomed to the feeling. They were only able to use it when they were near each other, so in many ways it was still a new experience. She didn't mind it though. She rather liked the idea that they could read each other's thoughts. She began scanning the room again.

No, I'm much farther than that.

Really? Are you even in the building?

I can see you perfectly.

I think I'm a little easier to spot in a crowd.

Finally, she found him. He was quite far from her, almost on the opposite side of the chamber, and a few rows above her. He was seated next to Obi-Wan and surrounded by scores of Jedi. He winked at her.

Nicely done, Ami. I think we're getting better at this.

Obi-Wan turned to his Padawan, eyebrow arched. Amidala tried not to smile. She had better go back to the speech.

6. Marie D Padawannabe

Feb 12, 2000

Awwwww.......man, I am SO sad to see this go!

Marie

7. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    This is great! :) More soon (or else)!

8. The Rock

The Rock Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2000
    Ladies and gentlemen:

For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world I present to you The Most Electrifying Man on the JC, The Phenomenon, The Phantom Menace to SOciety, the Man Who Puts the Smack in SMack Down and leaps tall buildings in a single bound...Its a bird...Its a plane ... No- its THE ROCK!!!!!

Can You SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what the Rock is cookin'?!?!?

9. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Ooo-kaaay...

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming... a-p?

(Not that I'm in any hurry to see this end!)

10. Marie D Padawannabe

Feb 12, 2000
    Anakin...ok
    Amidala...ok

The rock....Wha??? Did I miss something?!

Marie

11. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    All right everyone, this is the last post of this story. Thank you all for reading and commenting, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Should this thread fade into obscurity now that the story's finished , you can find it at http://www.geocities.com/anakin_and_amidala/anakinamidala.htmThe Moons of Iego , as well as http://www.fanfiction.net/master.cfm?action=Directory-AuthorProfile&UserID=7297FanFiction.net .

As for The Rock, he is clearly complimenting my amazing writing style...at least that's what I'm going to assume.

[This message has been edited by ami-padme (edited 03-17-2000).]

12. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    A few hours later?

Anakin stood outside the door to Amidala?s private chambers. He could hear her and Sabé talking and laughing inside. Oh, how he had hoped she would be alone. But it didn?t sound like they were discussing anything too important. Sabé was usually good about giving them privacy when it was possible. He buzzed the door.

It opened immediately without either of them asking who it was. He wondered if Amidala could sense that it was him.

Anakin walked into the room; Amidala stood as he entered.

Silence.

Sabé looked back and forth between the two mischievously. ?Your Highness, do you want to discuss your meeting tomorrow with??

Amidala shot her a withering look. Sabé snickered and quickly got up to leave. Anakin barely noticed the door shut (and lock) behind him.

Without really being conscious of it, he moved towards her, not stopping until she was in his arms and their lips were locked. He could feel what she was feeling, and the sensation nearly overwhelmed him. He didn?t want to let her go. He wondered he ever did that at all. Someday, it will be like this all the time, he vowed to himself. I?ll find a way for us to be together.

Eventually, they pulled back to catch their breath. Anakin placed tiny kisses on her chin, nose, and forehead, then rested his chin on the top of her head.

?I?ve missed you so much, Ami.?

?You don?t know how much I?ve missed you,? she replied, tightening their embrace.

?Please tell me that you don?t have a million functions to attend this week,? Anakin begged, burying his face in her hair. ?I can?t stand having you so nearby and still not see you.?

?I don?t have too much to do this week. We should actually have a good bit of time to ourselves.?

Anakin backed up a little and gave her a suggestive smile. ?Starting now??

She returned the smile and whispered, ?Starting now.?

The door buzzed.

They both groaned. She managed a small laugh.

?This is pathetic,? he muttered under his breath. ?I have this fantasy where we?re someplace with no comm links, no holoviewers, no communications of any kind ? so we can just be left alone.?

?That is pretty pathetic, Ani. My fantasies are?far more interesting.? Before Anakin could think of a response to that, she had pulled out from his embrace to answer the door.

To Anakin?s surprise, it was Obi-Wan. He and Amidala hugged in greeting, and she motioned for him to come in. Obi-Wan smiled at his Padawan. Anakin hadn?t been able to resist one or two ?I-told-you-so?s? to make up for all of his Master?s warnings that he was too young, that he couldn?t expect her to wait?Anakin knew Obi-Wan was very happy for him now.

?I?ve come to inform my Padawan of our new assignment,? Obi-Wan began.

Anakin could feel Amidala?s heart sink. Would he have to leave so soon?

?We are to accompany you back to Naboo at the end of the week, Your Highness.?

?What?? Anakin wasn?t sure if he should be thrilled or worried. ?Has something happened on Naboo??

?The military has been tracking the movements of the terrorists over the last few months. Chancellor Palpatine has reason to believe Naboo might be one of the next targets,? Obi-Wan explained.

?What are those reasons?? asked Amidala, who suddenly looked tense.

?I was not given any of the details. The Chancellor said that he wished to speak with you directly before you leave. He knows that Naboo is better prepared than most worlds, but he?s still requesting that the Jedi assign bodyguards to you for the time being.?

?An assassination threat,? she said flatly.

Anakin sensed?determination and resolve from her. Not fear. He reached out to take her hand. He wasn?t afraid either. No one would get close to her as long as he had something to say about it.

?I will be honored to have you accompany me back to Naboo, Obi-Wan. Thank you.?

Obi-Wan bowed his head slightly towards the Queen. ?I shall take my leave then.? He winked at Anakin and left the room.

Anakin felt Amidala lean back into his arms. ?You know that I would never let anything happen to you,? he whispered in h

13. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    :[face_sigh]: I love this story, a-p!

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    What can I say ami-padme. Excellent once again! A great set-up for Episode 2 and a tremondous group of stories! Keep up the good work!

15. The Rock

Feb 19, 2000
    The Rock is back from his "pilgremmage" and is tanned, rested, and ready to go...The Chosen One is no match for the Most Electrifying Man On the JC...That whiny Skywalker brat would be sent Rock Bottom in no time.

The Rock is here to inspect AP's work .
    You have been well trained my young apprentice...At last you may win an Ewok; at last you'll have revenge .

Incidentally I'm curious re the motivation behind your fascination w/ Amidala and Anakin as this is your second straight story about them.

Marie D. Padewannabe:
    If you don't know by now your arse better call somebody!

16. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Most excellent, a-p. I wonder sometimes what I'm going to do until EpII comes out...

(Rock, I'm not sure if you noticed, but Marie's second story, as her title points out, is related to her first story. Not that one needs to explain a fascination with Anakin and Amidala... they're the primary couple in the SW universe, after all.)

17. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Thanks everyone.

JG, I think he was asking me about my Ani/Ami fascination, not Marie (right?).

Basically, I'm much more into a tragic couple who really loves each other than a purely happy couple, or an ill-fated couple whose love is in doubt. I also like tragic/flawed heroes like Anakin. I think they are the most interesting to write for, because the characters and the relationship can be very complex. I realize this story isn't necessarily about the complexities -- this is the "they truly love each other" part.

I thought about/tried writing stories for other characters (mostly Obi-Wan and Leia), and I didn't find it as interesting. I love reading them, but they haven't done much for me as a writer.

You have been well trained my young apprentice...At last you may win an Ewok; at last you'll have revenge

Yes, I'm still waiting for my platinum award... Glad you enjoyed the story.

[This message has been edited by ami-padme (edited 03-13-2000).]

18. The Rock

Feb 19, 2000
    1. I noticed.
    2. I'm well aware of their niche in the SW universe.
    3. I was asking AP about the source of her "obsession"

[This message has been edited by The Rock (edited 03-13-2000).]

19. The Rock

Feb 19, 2000
    OK, when does the NC-17 version come out?

20. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Well, that's not for this board...

21. The Rock

Feb 19, 2000
    I take it that means its in the works

22. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Ah, okay. It sounded like you were talking to Marie there, and you confused me. I'm easily confused on three-and-a-half glasses of wine at whatever hour of the morning that was.

23. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000

24. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    http://www.phydiux.com/starwars/noncgi/icons/icon17.gif

I take it that means its in the works

LOL!

Wonderful job ami-padme!

Yes, it's always tough to say "adios" to a wonderful thread. But, filing it away on a fan fiction site helps keep it around.

25. The Rock

Feb 19, 2000
    3 1/2 Glasses of Wine? Candy @$$! I'd just be getting warmed up.

[This message has been edited by The Rock (edited 03-13-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.