main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Mission Call

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jace Taran, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    I just received my mission call today. I'm going to Baton Rouge, Lousianna. I leave for the MTC on April 17th.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    That's great. I hope all goes well for you.

3. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Congrats!

4. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Congratulations Jace!! You'll be awesome. Good luck to you when the time comes.

Man we're losing the younger people fast aren't we? DarthIshtar is leaving soon or has already left. ?[face_plain] Jace, you leave in April. I'll be leaving sometime around May. Spoo will be here for a while longer - he's a youngin :D

5. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    And my parents asked me today if I would be getting mission papers soon. I nearly fell off the couch when they asked that. Not saying I wouldn't love to serve but I just don't feel that desire that everyone else has.

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Jace-
    Congratulations. I'm sure at least some of us will still be here when you get back. ::grins::

7. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Skyler,

Congratulations on your call and best of luck to you! :D

Later,

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Good Luck, Jace. I hope you have fun, you'll do great. I'll still be here when you get back... judging from the calculations I did (according to current workings) I should enter the MTC just a couple weeks after Episode III comes out.

9. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Hey lucky you. The exact same thing will probably happen to me, only with Episode II. Hopefully I'll be back soon enough for Ep III to still be in theaters.

10. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    Don't worry, TK. You'll get back in time for the premiere of EpIII, unless they give you a year extension on your mission. If you leave a short time (a few months) after EpII, then you'll get back with about a year (roughly) until EpIII.

11. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh yeah - duh......it's not coming out until 2005 huh? For some reason I was thinking it was 2004.
    Excellent!! I will be here!! :D

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Congrats, Elder Taran! :D I enter the MTC in 11 days and am soooooooo excited, not to mention a bit apprehensive. And I have to write my farewell address this week. I'd draw inspiration from George Washington, but I think that his policy against foreign engagements wouldn't be good when I'll be teaching spanish-speaking investigator. Anyone got a good Yoda reference?

13. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Good luck, your going to need it.

I used to live in Gonzolas, which is 20 min south of BR. If you ever go to either that ward or the Baton Rouge 3rd, ask people if they knew the Rawsons(he was the stake pres.) and people in Gonzolas(I forgot how to spell it) if they knew the smiths. We used to feed the missionaries all the time there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.