main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mission to Corellia (second attempt :))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Frostfyre, Jan 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, two more chunks of story! I can see more questions, but the way towards the answers is becoming visible as well--at least I hope it is. Good job, Frostfyre. Let the writing bug bite you again, sooner and harder!

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I have a vague idea of where this could be going, but I'm not sure. It's been far too busy a week for my brain to be functioning correctly. Oh, I ought to have a start on the re-write for you by monday, but no promises.

3. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Hmm, they moved some of the icons around . . .

Hey, Frosty!!! Where are you??? Is your life possibly more screwed up than mine?? You have my pity if that's the case.

4. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Ohhhhhh, it's at least as screwed up as yours. Three projects in Jewelry, Typography, and Illustration due at once, tests in Algebra and Psych (cringe), a paper to write that I've no idea what to do with, final projects in all my art classes starting this week, work, taxes that I put off, more work, and attempting to finish a Jedi costume for said work by Saturday. And then my computer ate the disk that had my next post on it. Along with my brother's homework. ::sighs:: Chaos has ambushed me.

Anyhow, I'm currently rewriting the sections I lost, so bear with me.

((I think we need to get someone to make an Obi-Wan icon!))

5. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    I have to read three more chapters in the text so that I can do four chapters of homework so that I can do the take home test, which I can't do till I learn how to program Matlab (hate programming! hate programming!), which I don't know how to do which is why I'm -way- behind in all my labs for that class as well. Then there's the home work for my other class as well as the final project, the write-up for said project and the presentation of it before the teacher and the TA. And that doesn't even take into account the lines and blocking I have to memorize for the miracle play for the feast this weekend or the sewing I have to do (by hand) to get my skirt mended so that I can wear it for the feast, or the packing I have to start thinking about or planning out my schedule for next year or worrying about getting a job for the summer and the fact that they raised the credit limit for full-time status yet again so that I'll be dying under the course load next year if I want to qualify for a Pell grant. This morning when I should have been doing the test (or reading, or homework) I got a sudden inspiration for my story so I -had- to sit down and type it out before it flew away, so I was late starting and now have almost no time to do anything and, well, life sucks!

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 04-06-2000).]

6. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    [Shameless Self-Promotion]Okay everybody, this is where it will be . . . . Forum16/HTML/000449.html Forum16/HTML/000449.html [/SSP]

7. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Frosty?? ::waves hand in front of monitor:: Anybody home?? This thread was on the last page. We can't have that!

http://www.geocities.com/blond_engineer/small-glyph.jpg -- LD

8. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999
    ::Frosty claws her way out of the ravenous pile of homework, bills, work, and taxes and looks around, gasping for air.:: I'm sorry! I am! But I now have the rest of the story mapped out. (I just have to write it down...)

Hehehe...you missed it. Queen Amidala and a Padawan Sariah Orysaan working at Sam's Club this weekend. I can't tell you how many people thought she was a geisha and I was a member of some weird religous order.

So, if you can shamelessly self promote on my story, can I do it on yours? <evil grin>

Frosty (cool logo!!! My compliments to your sis!)

9. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Shameless self promotion is welcome, not that there's anybody new on mine that hasn't read yours yet.

Oh, and you missed Darth Niklos and Padawan Ping going to see Galaxy Quest.

"No, why would we want to see Star Wars? We want to see Galaxy Quest."

"They totally screwed up the storyline for TPM. Maul never died and neither did Qui-gon, and let me tell you, Obi hated brown. He was always dying his robes blue and green."

You should have seen the face on the lady behind the counter!!

((I shrank it down to the point that if someone tried to download it wouldn't come out right. I'm paranoid about people stealing images off the net. I've already gushed to Chrissy about how cool it is that she drew that to represent me.))

10. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

::sighs:: still no Obi-Wan icon. Ah, well.

You lost me on the Galaxy Quest thing. ((Obi-Wan and blue and green...huh?))

Incidentally, I watched TPM the other night and looked real close. Obi's eyes are, in fact, green. And a lovely shade of green they are, too.

11. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    http://www.angelfire.com/mb/tle/smile/obigrin.gif

Like that one?

Obi's eyes were blue in all of the books, so most of us just assumed . . .

ANyway, Lisa and I went to see Galaxy Quest in our SW outfits and the double takes when we didn't ask for TPM were priceless.

::deep sigh of regret:: Unfortunately I haven't had the time to just sit and enjoy the movie. THere've been too many things to do in the mean time. I'm having a TPM party on friday and I've invited most of the gang from the club to come over and bug the heck out of my roommies.

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/tle/smile/jinn

12. R2RUOK

R2RUOK Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    Hey, this is a cool story. When are you going to post some more?

13. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

Yay! Another reader de-lurked. As for my next post, R2...well, I've got the rest of the plot mapped out, but actually finding the time to sit down and write it...aye, there's the rub. Can't do it at school, and there's a computer hog at home. I'm doin' my best, and I thank everybody for their patience.

14. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Three days later and still no post.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I am patiently waiting fot the next installment!

16. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Yeah, well I'm not. Frosty!!! Get your act into gear and post the next section. If I can find time to write my story during class lectures you can too!!

17. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

Sariah pinched the bridge of her nose between forefinger and thumb and squeezed her eyes shut. For the hundredth time in the last ten minutes she wished that strangling an irritation wasn?t against the Code. Running through a quick calming exercise, she tried again. ?Salyss,? she said carefully, keeping her voice even and a tight rein on her annoyance. ?I have a murderer to catch. My partner isn?t available, and I need those blood samples to prove a theory. I don?t think you really want to be accused of obstructing justice, do you??

The coroner?s yellow eyes were glittering with dislike. Sariah could feel it, as palpable as a touch. He saw her as a threat, someone who, without really even trying, had shown up his inadequacies in harsh, unfavorable light. He also saw that she had a point, and it galled to admit defeat. For a moment, pity for his dilemma overrode her irritation.

?I need those samples, Salyss,? she said gently, making a small gesture with her right hand.

He struggled for a long moment, wavering between his own stubborn antipathy and the compulsion of a determined Jedi. Sariah tensed, fearing that she would lose him.

Then his lekku went limp in reluctant surrender and, gesturing for her to wait, disappeared behind some of the lab's bulkier equipment. Seconds ticked by, and only Jedi patience kept Sariah from crawling right out of her skin.

When he returned he held a packet of data crystals. He extended them to her, his pale skin mottled faintly with anger and embarrassment. "The samples and all the data I collected on them. You won't find a link," he added nastily.

Sariah took the packet from him. "Perhaps, perhaps not. I'll find out. Thank you, Salyss."

He didn't appear to appreciate her gratitude, his lip curling up to reveal sharp teeth. For a minute, it looked as though he were working himself up to deliver a really crushing insult, but as her cool grey gaze held his steadily, his courage faltered. He turned on his heel and stalked angrily away.

Sariah watched him go, feeling pity stir within her again. Salyss was a man who used his mediocrity as a crutch, resenting the abilities of others rather than making the best of his own talents. He would never like her- and, to be perfectly honest, she would never like him either. But she still felt sorry for him.

She shook herself. She had no time for pity. The Force was telling her that she was running out of time. Turning her back on the coroner, she left the lab.

The apartment was close and musty, and there was a feeling of oppression heavy in its atmosphere as Locke entered. The urge to turn around and leave was so great that he actually turned and was halfway out the door before he stopped himself. Shaking his head, he forced himself to go back in, shutting the door behind him with an air of finality. It was silly to feel this way. This was home-base; he was safe here. The threatening feeling would surely pass; it was only a by-product of being home so rarely these past months.

It didn't pass, though, and Locke suddenly found himself scanning the main room as though it were hostile territory. He was so tense he wouldn't have been surprised to find an army of thugs hiding under his couch.

There wasn't much to see. Locke's decorating tastes, according to his sister, were still 'early college'. A beat up couch- which truly was 'early college', huddled in front of the holovid with a pair of mismatched armchairs on either side. A violently colored throw was draped across the couch- something Locke had picked up just because he knew it irritated his mother. In the corner farthest from the door, the synthboard he'd scraped and saved for two years to buy sat half-obscured in sheets of paper covered with musical notations scrawled in Locke's handwriting. Since he'd gotten the Shadow case, he'd hardly touched them or his holo-camera.

Next to the music, holos he had taken were the most numerous item in the small living room. Pictures of his sister, his parents, his nieces and nephews, and a few grudgi

18. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Ooo, goody, goody!!! ::clapping hands with child-like glee:: Another story bit!!!!

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    At last! Another snippet of story! You really described the oppressive atmosphere of Locke's apartment well. I liked the violently coloured throw as well, something he picked up "just because he knew it irritated his mother." And the feeling that the case is changing him, turning him into someone else, someone that he doesn't even like. Powerful writing here. And now Locke sleeps, perchance to dream...

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Hello out there! When is Frosty gunna post?

21. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    She just did. Frosty=Frostfyre. And there probably won't be another one for a couple of days, since she works full time -and- goes to school.

22. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999
    "Perfect," Sariah breathed, scanning the computer screen before her. Lined up on it were readouts of the victims' blood samples.

Idra came up behind her. "What is that?" she asked curiously.

Sariah craned her head around to look at the other woman. Her grey eyes were alight with triumph. "I found the link!"

The Twi'lek leaned over to get a closer look at the screen. "Those are the blood samples, huh? What're those?" She pointed at the graphs below each name. They all had similar readouts.

"Midichlorian counts," Sariah replied. Her mind was already working on her next move. "All our victims could have been Jedi, had they been found and tested in time."

"Midi-?" Idra shook her head at the unfamiliar word. "I've never heard of those."

"It isn't public knowledge," she replied absently.

Idra looked at her oddly. "Then how do you know?"

Sariah froze, realizing that she'd slipped up. "I?" Way to go, Orysaan. You let yourself get cocky, and blow your cover. "I overheard something a Jedi said once. It was just a weird hunch." She smiled weakly.

The other lieutenant frowned. "But how-" she broke off, apparently thinking better of what she wanted to say. Sariah could sense the other's confusion, and knew that Idra was not wholly convinced.

"I should call Locke," she said, beating a hasty retreat before Idra could think of any more awkward questions. "He'll want to hear about this."

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, Sariah, way to go! You found the link and Locke will definitely want to hear about it. In fact, while you're at it, take a blood sample from him! You might just find the next victim in spe!

Another good post! I like the way that Sariah has weaknesses and tries to cover them up, just like everybody else.

24. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Yeee!!!!! Another post!! Just as I'm going out of town too!! I haven't posted to mine because I've packed up my computer with all the copies of my story into my car in preparation for driving west tomorrow. HOME here I come!!!

25. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Hellloooo?????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.