main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mists of Yesterday: An Obi-Wan/Anakin Drama-COMPLETED 3.19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Inspired by Shiela, who said I should write something like HAVEN. This will probably only be like that length-wise, but I hope everyone enjoys it just the same. ;)

Mists of Yesterday
    A Short Story by LuvEwan

-This is dedicated to my faithful readers. Shiela, Cas, PK, Shaindl, Froggy, CYN, Wild Huntress, Phoenix_Reborn, rundownstars, dianethx, and everyone else, you know who you are. Thank you so much for your constant support of my little fics. It means the world to me. --

<<<<<<<<<<
    On the fateful journey of a Master and Apprentice, resolve must be shiftless and doubt nonexistent. But, as Anakin Skwalker watches his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, deteriorate, he begins to lose faith in the Order that gave him a home.

And Obi-Wan begins to lose faith in everything.
    >>>>>>>>>>>

I've never looked back
    As a matter of fact.

-Shania Twain

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anakin lay in his bed, hands folded on his stomach, staring at the slick, steel ceiling. The surface was reflective, but the images mirrored were blurred and twisted.

He sighed, closing his weary eyes and turning onto his side. The room was swathed in the dark palate of midnight: black pooled in every nook, the moon's yellow glow glinting off the mechanical bits scattered across his room.

A shiver rushed through the Padawan suddenly.

How he hated the time when the sun disappeared behind an orange and saffron stained horizon, stretching shadow across the great city-planet. It took long for Coruscant to settle down to slumber?

But it always did, eventually. And then Anakin would still try to make the daytime linger, by tinkering with his various projects, even pulling out his texts to avoid the nightmares sleep brought. It was his Master who pulled the veil of night, who stood in the boy's doorway, a form bathed in soft light, a small smile touching his lips.

Obi-Wan was, to Anakin's chagrin, fully aware of the youth's dread. He would sit at the edge of the mattress, a warm wealth of understanding harbored in sea-washed eyes, and assure his apprentice that the phantoms that ghosted past his mind in dreams could never truly touch him.

Anakin would nod, though never entirely assuaged by the man's words, even after nearly a decade of these quiet talks. Over the years, as the student matured, they became short exchanges, less intimate. Sometimes, it was only a quick, supportive pulse through the Force?

Lately, it was nothing at all .

Obi-Wan Kenobi, as Skywalker had heard muttered by varying sorts in the spanning Temple, was an enigma. Wrapped in natural grace and enviable beauty, he was the epitome of a Jedi Knight. Strong, determined, fiercely intelligent, a man renowned for his precision and skill that defeated a Sith, in what was fast becoming a legendary battle. But Obi-Wan walked the Universe seemingly without notice of his astounding qualities. His grin was always a bit roguish---but sweet nevertheless. He could possess the stern temperament of a grizzled ship captain, if it was his wont---and crack a terribly tasteless joke in the same heartbeat.

Obi-Wan Kenobi held the power of a thousand warriors, yet could break down in miserable tears for those who suffered an incurable injustice.

It was the way of his Master, Anakin mused, pride stirring within him.

A coil roil overtook his belly. Until recently. He rested his head on the heel of his hand, looking to the fresh past with a troubled expression.

There was nothing extremely obvious that displayed the transformation in Obi-Wan, only subtle changes hinted that something was amiss.

A vacant gloss would coat his gaze and it would take a firm shake to rouse him from the faint daze. Breakfast would be nearly cooled by the time the Knight arrived at the meal table, his ginger hair mussed and dark smudges ringing his eyes, a stiffness to once-fluid movements.

The food would sit, untouched, save for the absent, uninterested poke of a fork.

Sparring wasn't helpful to Anakin, sinc

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wahoo! First reply!

And a bit of a blush, since I'm mentioned in your intro - thank you!

Lovely work again, LE - but watch out - you sound like you're making Anakin a sympathetic character here. You're feeling okay aren't you? :D

Personally, I like fics that portray Anakin as a good kid. I like to think that Vader came about not because he was inherently evil, but because he made a bad choice he couldn't get out of. Not that that absolves him of his crimes, but it does provide some sort of explanation.

Wow, first post, and I'm already rambling! :)

Always love your work, LE - and will look forward to more soon!

Shaindl

3. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Nice! Count me in for the ride! :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great start LE. Very promising - especially seeing as I'm not absolutely hating Anakin after the very first post ;)

Can't wait for more :D

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Beautiful beginning post. I love your way with words. How old is Anakin in this story?

Obi

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, good, at last I find myself finding your story sometime in the beginning. I got through some thirty or forty pages of posts on your other story, somehow fell back again, and got tired of reading the post in one minute and waiting five for the next page to load. I'm lazy, fine, so sue me! ;)I'll get to your other story sometime - probably when it's last post is done, considering my history.

Anyway, wonderful beginning post, LuvEwan.

As of yet, I hold no dislike toward Anakin (then again, I don't in CYN's stories either [face_mischief]). He seems like a nice apprentice. I do wonder what's happening to Obi-Wan though. Considering the title, I have to wonder if it's the past ghosts - ::ehemquigonjinn:: - who're causing Obi-Wan to become like this.

Or maybe Anakin's going to save Obi-Wan from the phantom visits, who knows? [face_shocked]

Anyway, now I got to run and start typing up the next post for my story ...

As a note, I'm reading this story even if I don't post regularly. :)

Aunecah

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I read this while I was at work so I couldn't be the first to comment, unfortunately....Great job LuvEwan.

But....wait a minute....are we sure that this is really LuvEwan??? I'm sure that she would never portray Anakin in a good light and, in this fic, he certainly does seem nice and concerned for his Master here......hummmm.

Okay, HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, YOU IMPOSTER what have you done with LuvEwan??? Bring her back here right now!!!!

LOL....I had fun doing that. Great start to a new fic (and you haven't finished the old one yet!!!). I very much look forward to the next part. Are you planning on keeping him nice or should we expect a "turn" anytime soon?

And a huge thank-you for your support of my fic on your board. You are a very generous and wonderful lady!!!!

Now go write!

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I still can't get over the fact that you said I inspired this fic. Imagine my greater surprise when I start reading and it had a very likable (so far) Anakin as one of the primary characters. :eek:

When I picked myself up off the floor and finished reading I was thrilled. It looks like it is going to be another stellar performance by you LE. The writing is beautiful and the emotions so carefully drawn, which I believe you are indeed the master in this area. I definitely look forward to following this story very closely. :)

By the way, you mentioned another post over on your Blurred Visions thread. I believe you were waiting for more replies. Well, ahem, I ran over her as fast as my little fingers could carry me, do you think that maybe we could get that extra post. Please! [face_puppy_dog_eyes]

I still can't believe you might write a likable Anakin, are you okay LE? [face_laugh]

9. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] That was amazing!! Your way with words is just so amazing!! But... but Anakin is nice? Erm, why exactly? 8-} I'm not really... fond of the little brat, but I must admit that you made him... likeable. *cringe* 8-} No, but, I wonder how you do that? Whenever I read one of your fics, it seems to come alive. You are a wonderful author, keep it up! :D

10. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    You have me most intrigued. What is wrong with Obi-Wan?! (I know, I know - wait for the rest of the story *sigh*) ;) And Anakin is so concerned for him - not a usual occurence :D

Absolutely beautifully written. It places you into that atmosphere, makes you worry and try to guess. Exellent job, LuvEwan!

Wandering the boards aimlessly sometimes yields unexpected and very pleasurable fruits :)

Nifet

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ooohh new goodies for me!!!

i like the nice ani. while i dont like the movie character very much at all, i do think that as an author you should stretch your wings a bit and if writing a nice ani is a stretch for you then go for it. dont ever feel obligated to reality - it is all just a certain point of view anyway. grins

great start

12. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Great beginning, LE. I love the way you describe things. Obi-Wan, in particular. ;) But what is bothering the poor guy???

I'm ready for more! :D

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    **Wow, thanks for the great start in replies. [face_love] That just *inspires* me to write more, quickly, because I feel like it's appreciated. Thank you all so much. **

Shaindl Of COURSE you're mentioned. You only read every one of my stories! And I'm kinda the same way with my feelings toward Ani's character. I think if he was downright evil in the beginning, Qui-Gon would have sensed it. He was an innocent child in the beginning,and though he's not innocent in this, he's not completely wicked, either. ;)

Nat I will! :D

G_J Thank you so much! [face_love]

ObitheKid I mentioned that nearly a decade had passed since Ani became Obi's apprentice. I'll reinforce that throughout the fic. :) So glad you're reading!

Aunecah I totally understand. There are several fics I really want to read, but I don't want to go through all the pages, picking out the post between all the replies, then waiting for the next to load. But my other fic is posted in six chapters at the 'other site', if you'd want to read it that way. ;) And how could you like Ani in CYN's story??? [face_shocked] Remember how he exposed that alien Jedi initiate to sunlight and it burned her skin?! You're evil! [face_devil] ... :D And you BETTER get writing on 'An Order and One', girl! I love that! [face_blush]

dianethx I'm always writing more than one fic. I don't know, I just keep feeding the plot bunnies instead of bashing them over the head. [face_laugh] And your fic is amazing. It deserves alot of attention.

Shiela I'm not the master of anything, but thank you. [face_love] And don't worry, my favorite ani-basher, I wouldn't turn my back on one of our passions! [face_laugh] He's not gonna be charming or handsome in this! He's not Obi, for gosh sake!

P_Jess_Kenobi Thanks for all the sweet words. [face_blush]

Jedi_Nifet Why thank you! :D

PaddyJuan What? This doesn't seem realistic to you? :mad:... [face_laugh] I know, I'm a little disgusted with myself. 8-}

Cas So glad to see you around. [face_love] Hope everything is going as good as it can.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Obi-Wan stared at his trembling hand, covered in dark burgundy, puzzled by the tawny shards imbedded in his skin.

He stood in the kitchen, clad in loose-fitting sleep pants. The delicate cup was in shatters, strewn around his feet. Droplets of hot tea dribbled down his bare chest. His eyes wandered to the ground.

Blood was dripping onto his toes.

The Knight's focus returned to his hand. The fingers looked as colorless as ivory beneath warm, flowing red, and suffered weak tremors.

"Master?" Anakin entered the main room at a jog.

Obi-Wan appeared oblivious to the fretful call.
    Anakin saw the bloody mess and sprinted to his companion's side. "Master!" He gasped, taking in the broken dishware with wide, care-worn eyes.

Obi-Wan emerged somewhat from the hazed stupor, lifting his head, auburn mane clinging to it like a silken cap, save a single strand that dangled in his vision.

Anakin had never seen his eyes glazed in such utter confusion. He reached out and drew the short piece of hair behind his teacher's ear.

Obi-Wan's mouth quivered, as if on the brink of speaking, but then barely imperfect teeth captured his bottom lip, in a childish gesture.

It would have been endearing, had it not been in the midst of this jarring scene.

"Master?are you okay?" The apprentice asked tentatively.

Obi-Wan was peering into the distance, a far-away gleam in his gaze.

Icy anxiety seized Anakin's heart. He grasped Obi-Wan's upper arm. "Master? Master, answer me!"

Obi-Wan brought his hand higher, turning it to discover more tiny glass splinters piercing his flesh.

A sharp sound was freed from Anakin as he pulled the Master through the main room into the lavatory, panting out of shock rather than exertion. Obi-Wan followed dumbly, though his steps were slower and clumsy, l

14. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    hmmm, somehow methinks the 'oh not good' statement works here.

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm with the frog. Definitely not good.

So just how long are you going to draw this one out? For how long am I going to have to drive myself crazy trying to figure out what's happening?

Sigh. I really don't have head room right now to be worrying over this, you know. :p

Great work, as always, can't wait for more.

Shaindl

16. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    What is wrong with poor Obi-Wan? That was a very disturbing scene. I wonder if Obi-Wan doesn't want to go to the healers because he knows something is very wrong with him. You have me very intrigued here LE, I can't wait to find out more. :)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LuvEwan This is wonderful. What is wrong with Obi-Wan? I liked how you had Anakin pull him into the lavatory, the pallor of his skin to go even whiter. And yet when he finally comes back to himself, he refuses to go to the healers for treatment of all of those shards of glass imbeding his skin. Not good, not good.

And that final line about Obi-Wan tightening his shields. He must know that something is wrong.

I think Ani should kick Obi-Wan's butt straight to Bant. She'll take care of him, whether he likes it or not!!!!

See, Ani's still being a good guy -he's very concerned about Obi - as he should be.

18. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan just doesn't want any help, does he? :( Anakin needs to MAKE him go to the healers, because something is really bothering him.

Intriguing story. More soon, please! :D

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I have been hunting for this thing in the Before the Saga board instead of here. I guess my brain is already half way to hawaii while my body is still in calif.
    Thank you for the little honorable mention at the beginning :)

Ani should know by now. The harder his master resists the healers, the faster he should be dragged there.

20. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    What is going on with him? ?[face_plain]
    The confusion is not only palpable, it's also very infectious.

Great job, LE!

*waiting for more* :)

21. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    So nice reversal of roles with Anakin being all helpful (at least he tries to) and worrying. And Obi-Wan, that lapse in awareness, not good at all. I suspect you will torture us keeping us guessing what is wrong for as long as you can :D

Wonderful work!

22. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Luv-this-story!

23. rundownstars

rundownstars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    how i could i have missed this post!? welll. i have to say .. i'm impressed! you not writing anakin as a little fiend?! ;) i hope obi-wan is all right. this couldn't be good!

Anakin saw the bloody mess and sprinted to his companion's side. "Master!" He gasped, taking in the broken dishware with wide, care-worn eyes.

anakin? nice? this will get interesting. i can't wait for more! and thank you for including me in your dedication.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

24. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Oh what's wrong with Obi Wan?
    That was a wonderful descripton of Obi Wan at the begining. Anakin's there to look after him that's good. Post again plz

25. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh Obi... whast wrong!?!??! Let mommy help you!

:::runs over to bleeding Obi and lays him down in her lap:::

There there, it's all gonna be okay now...

hehe, sorry for the moment of insanity up there... good job so far! Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.