main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Mitth's Alien Gallery

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mitth_Fisto, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    May you enjoy my sketches as much as I have enjoyed yours. Enjoy!

Chandra Fan
    This is one of my first full portraits, a Chandra-Fan.

One Eye
    #2 Abyssin.

Shug!
    The Great Mechanic Shug Ninx!

Nautolan
    My first attempt, a Nautolan

Air-Limo Driver
    My latest completion, an Aleena!

He be Saurin
    My poor attempt that I got disgusted with myself over, its the Saurin from Jabba's Sail Barge.

Elom
    The Elom from Jabba's Sail barge.

MysterySenaotor
    Insectoid Senator Edcel Bar Gane who seconded the motion of no confidence in Ep II.

Advozse
    Let us give thanks, everyone. An Advozse

SwokesSwokes
    I used another Senator from EpII, a Swokes Swokes.

Brainiac
    A cantina patron from Mos Eisly, a Siniteen.

EvenPiellBWEvenPiell
    Jedi Master Even Piell, B&W at two near end stages.

Even Piell in Color
    The Final Image of the Lannik Jedi Master Even Piell

Pacithhin
    The miner from EpI, a Pacithhin.

Jedi Master Adi Gallia and her Padawan Stass Allie

Yoda that old miscivious christmas elf!

ZocathA Zocath of my own creation

San Hill San Hill from the council on Geonosis

Ishi Tibrendered from Jabba's Sail barge (EpVI) and Mos Espa (EpI)

BW Chewie/ Color Chewie
    My latest and in the colage Chewbacca, representitive of the wookies. (Color version provided by the graciousness of BigFatty)

University1 Whatever
    University2 DrapCloth
    University3 Still Life

Mi Hands University#4(Really more like #8 followed by the next)Just one of those daysU#5(Drawing of male model)

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/FanFicT/Drawing_06.jpg] ForeArms. U#6 (Also from male model)

Below are two different scanned images of it in case one works better then the other.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Geonosian_5.jpg] [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Image8.jpg]
    Geonosian Guard + Sun Fa

2. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I had the same problem when i first posted here a few months ago. I use imageshack.com and the "drag" the image over.

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You can use photobucket, but you simply have to utilize the direct link this way:

[image =http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/ChandraFan.jpg]

Now, because I wanted you to see what I wrote I put a space between Image and the =. That shouldn't be there, but if I didn't all you would see is this:
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/ChandraFan.jpg]

So, that is what you need to do. [image=(put in your link)]

AG88

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks, alot that really helps me get going.

Hopefully I should have another update ready to go later.

But I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for how to darken the image some. For some reason when I scanned it came out nearly whitewashed, as you can see, any suggestions?

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Mitth_Fisto, and welcome to the forum!

I see you have help with the image posting--as to "darkening" your work after scanning: try looking for a button in the toolbar of your imaging software (or in one of the menus like "Effects" or "Touchup") that offers "Contrast correction" or "Level correction." Either of these might offer a way to darken your scanned image. Try some of those--and you always have that wonderful "Undo" button if it doesn't give what you want! ;)

As to your drawing--bravo! There's not nearly enough artwork of some of the more obscure alien species, and the Chadra Fan are definitely in that group! Well done (and I always wanted a larger image of our erstwile Jedi Healer Tekli! ;) )! We'll be looking forward to seeing more from you, and again--welcome!

FF

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for the help FF, I tried it with the new image and it really helped.

Glad you enjoy the obscure alien part, it's my prefered area to work in. I actually have one of Shug Nix that I just finished putting some finnishing touches on.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/ShugNinx.jpg]

Please give your honest oppinion. Thanks!!

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :confused:

I put a reply in this thread earlier today...now I'm not sure where it went... ?!

**shrug**

In any case, I wanted to comment on the Abyssin and Shug: that Abyssin is a species I've never seen before (but then, I don't read the comics, and that's probably where it came from...?)--I like it, though, with its "cyclopean" eye and the facial plates! Cool!

And Shug looks just as I would have expected, with that sort of broad square jaw and rough features! I like all that wild blonde hair, too. The piece still seems a little faded, though--you may want to try using softer leads and more pencil pressure in your drawings, to help bring up the contrasts (difference between lights and darks) more. That would also help the scanner to capture things more effectively (as well as giving your imaging program more to work with). A nice portrait, in any case!

FF

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for the comments FalconFan I'll have to try that later on.

The Abbysin is actually from the cantina scene in ANH, he only has about a second or two of face time, but I really did enjoy trying to make the different levels of his face show. The Shug Ninx, Thanks for the input and I'm glad you liked him, the image I was working with actually had given tame sleeked back hair almost and that just had to go, it just didn't seem right for smugglers machinac that would name his place a barn.

Maybe that's justthe strange workings of my mind8-} .

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Nautolan.jpg]
    The Nautolan

My oldest full sized drawing done this past spring which I was inspired to create by Your_Worshipfulness, Aurele', FF, and many others, since they encouraged me to try drawing again and to share what I make. Thank You Everyone!! =D==D==D==D==D=

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice Nautolan, Mitth! I really like the tattoos on the headtails--lots of detailing there (and another reason I've never attempted this particular alien species before--hard! ;) ). Thanks for the "thanks"--and we're glad you've been inspired to draw, and to share your work! :D

FF

11. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I like your pattern on his palp, very pretty color:)

12. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Well, don't I feel like a big idiot. So sorry Mitth_Fisto, I must have been tired or something because I honestly did not see this thread when I was looking through the threads earlier. :oops: If they had a little picture of a donkey's head in the list of faces, you'd see one here right now. *smacks head*

Should I be surprised to see a drawing of a Nautolan (Was not your user name inspired by Kit Fisto's name, who is of the same species? A fan I presume? [face_thinking] :p )

He looks great! I'm going to have to agree with everyone so far and say that his head tails look excellent. There's no way you can miss the detail there. I also like how his eyes are so prominent and really seem to stare me down.

I also think it's really neat how you're dedicated to drawing alien species in general. Though the Star Wars universe is filled with a variety, I'm only familiar with just a scant few. Thanks for showing us some of those whom many (myself included) are unaware of.

+ glad you that you decided to start up drawing again. :)

- Suz ^_~

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Falcon Fan:

Thanks for stopping by again! And your right, its probably best that I took it on as my first or I think I might have chickened out:p . The headtails are a real pain in the neck, but its not going to stop me from trying some of the others though.

NLSkywalker:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you like the shadings on the palp.

Your_Worshipfulness:

Don't worry about it, I somtimes make a bigger idiot of myself than that[face_clown] and my family has the photo's to prove it! *Turns beat red at the memories*

I guess you shouldn't be surprised, you're right my names an abrieviation of a full name I use on starwars.com, which is Mitth'raw'nuruodo Fisto named after two of my favorite characters Kit and Thrawn.

Thanks on the headtails and eyes, I tried to go back and create the reflections but since I used charcoal for this one I was going to run out of eraser before it softened enough so I gave up and just said I'd plan better in the future[face_batting]

Hopefully I'll be able to surprise some more with those alien species that seen only in the background of various movie scenes.

And Thanks to all once more!

Here's my latest production, an Aleena, I used the split second before he screemed in Ep II for a reference on this one[face_laugh] Hope you enjoy!
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Aleena.jpg]

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **tries to remember the "scream scene" in AOTC...**

Cool! :cool: I like the eyes here, and the clothing is very well done. Good colors, too (I can't seem to recall this being from the film--where, exactly, did we see him...?)! You really have a gift for capturing the aliens! Just another reminder to really study your reference pictures for darker shadows on the figure/face--including those in your drawings (either with darker pencil or darker shades of the colors you're using) will give them a lot more pop!

FF

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for stopping by FF, the seen is during the chase after the attempt on Padme's life. Anikin cuts off an air speeder that's being driven by an Aleena, and has the dug in the back seat that makes the coment, "Jedi pudoo!":D I may know the movies alittle too well for the minute characters but it comes in handy.

Well with the colors and pops I am trying to take it into account, but for the next batch of pics all of the faces that you see are the pics I've done this past summer and the bodies are the recent additions[face_blush] but I'm trying to add more depth. More of my time is going into my couple of new ones that are nearly finished. but until they're ready I'm just fiddling with this older stuff before posting. So don't worry your advise doesn't fall unheard.

Thank you very much for the tips and comments!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for my new oncorless production, Saurin and Elom and Unknown O MY!

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Saurin.jpg]
    My poor attempt that I got disgusted with myself over, its the Saurin from Jabba's Sail Barge.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Elom.jpg]
    The Elom from Jabba's Sail barge.

Last the great unknown Senator!
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/scan0001.jpg]
    This is Senator Edcel Bar Gane who seconded the motion of no confidence in Ep II. Unfortunately I can find no-where a mention of race, just that he's insectoid.

Hope you all enjoy!

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Kewl! :cool:

I remember this fellow from the Sail Barge--he's a rough-looking character, for sure! Not the sort you'd want to run into in a dark Mos Eisley alley! lol! Very good detailing on the facial scales and teeth--it's cool that you can get such detail for creatures that couldn't have had more than a few frames of screen time!

The Elom looks very cool: love the texturing on the eye protrusions, the scales on the neck and all the fur--wonderful detailing. This guy I don't remember (I'm going to have to plug in ROTJ again and go frame-by-frame--you've peaked my curiosity, now! lol!), but I'm loving the diversity of beings!

And Senator Bar Gane looks great as well--very nice rendering of his ceremonial/senatorial robes: lots of texturing and detail there, and it looks wonderful!

Just another quick suggestion: for some of these, since a lot of us haven't seen them before (or if like me, we just don't remember!), it'd be great to see you draw/sketch them from different angles in addition to the straight-on views. Turning your subjects around (in sketches) can be a great exercise, and can give you some more ideas for lighting/shading and posing. Think about it (for the Senator, especially, it'd be lovely to see him from sort of a 3/4, from-slightly-below sort of view, as though we're watching him make his motion in the Senate--if this is too confusing, drop me a PM and we can talk more about it!)! Very nice pieces (and I'm really getting an "alien education" in your thread, lol!)!

FF

17. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Nice work. :) Perhaps I got mixed up, but I first thought that drawing of Saurin was a character named Bossk. :p

I think you did a good job on getting across his reptiallian skin appearance. Also nicely detailed teeth. The Elom has great detail around the section of the eyes. I don't remember him from the Sail Barge, but I'll try to spot him the next time I decide to stick in ROtJ ;) Personal favourite is Senator Edcel Bar Gane. Though it is kind of light (which could be because of the scanner), but I, like FF, really think the ceremonial robe looks great. You're right about there being little to no info of him. The best I could get was that he bears a similar resemblance to that of the Neimoidian species with the exception of the eyes, as far as appearance goes. One of the many problems with the SWU is that sure, there are a bunch of alien species, just not a lot of info. *sigh*

However, I'd like to point out something. I could be wrong about this for it could simply be the way in which you've scanned the pictures, but I find that you have a bit of a tendency to lean more to the right side, sort of getting a 'lopsided' look. Moreso on the first portrait, then it gradually lessens as we reach the last one. Do you use guidelines? They always help me keep everything in order when I do original artwork. :)

- Suz ^_~

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks FF, I'm actually working on a piece with two characters in it and I'll try to put one of them at more of an angle. Hopefully it'll turn out allright. Glad you liked all of the work, especially the Saurin since he has been one of my greatest reasons for a selfkicking contest.:p

A lot of the characters really do fly by fast and some them aren't in the center of the screen but more off to one side and partially obscured by another character, but I find it fun most of the time when I take a small pic or piece and bring them out to light.

Welcome back Your_Worshipfullness! Glad you injoyed the pieces and my attempt at a Senator. Your right about the tilting thing, most of my pieces except a couple are straight on the page, but since I don't normally tear them out of the book they tend to tilted during the scanning process. Ughhhhhh, I keep trying different ways of puting the book on but hopefully when I scan the next batch they'll be a little straighter. But also I never have used guidlines, I just us my pinkie or thumb nail as a ruler and go to town with preportions. To make bigger I normally just add half or double the width of the finger. Guess I cheat a little on that one.[face_batting]

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    These are awesome! You give the underdrawn non-humans the attention they really deserve.

20. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Very cool to see so many of the less popular aliens! You know what I'd love to see from you? (Besides a Twi'lek, I always love to see those from anyone.) A Togorian!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Advozse.jpg]
    Let us bow our heads in thanks.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Excellent detailing,Mitth--where is this fellow from...? He seems to strike a chord of familiarity for me, but I can't place from where... [face_thinking] Very much liking the scaling on the head/face, and that horn on top of his head looks cool! Nice robes as well--good job!

FF

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hi SilSolo! Glad you enjoy them so much, it makes it alittle more worth while. Thank you.

Giolon05 Welcome! I've been wondering when you'ld stop by, a twi'lek probably a little way off just because after the headtails of the Nautolan I think I need a bit of a break from the problems of tapering head tails.
    A Togorian, like Whato? if my memory serves me right. I have a bunch in the works right now but I might start one during Christmas break.[face_thinking]

FF welcome back! I was in a bit of a rush when I posted, guess I forgot to say all the good info on him. He is an Advozse, and for a reference I used the one in the Mos Eisly cantina scene. Another on ethat is there for only couple of seconds but still memorable as you've shown. Glad you enjoyed it!

24. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I like your Nautolan! :) but maybe the eyes are too big? but the rest is cool! ^^

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks for stopping by Vana, Yeah your propably right about the eyes its been one of my hardest points with my characters and not to mention with him as my first I tried using charcoal so once the eyes were to big they weren't about to go anywhere. At least I don't how to reduce the charcoal without making a big mess:p

__________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto the grand finale of everthing old, these are my last two relics that I've touched up before posting here. After them everything is from after your many gracious tips, tricks, and treats. Thank you one and all for your help.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/SwokesSwokes.jpg]
    Taken from an unnamed senator or senators aid in EpII that was clapping away at the army creation act I believe. A representative of the unusual race, Swokes Swokes.

Next but not least, (at least in the mind area) is....
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Siniteen.jpg]
    The wonderful Braniac as most call him was used to poss for this pic of a Siniteen, from the Mos Eisly Cantina. One of the most deliteful hives of scum and villany this side of the Rhi-Shii Maze.:D

P.S.
    Enjoy! and Coming soon to a board like this a famous Jedi Master will be making an appearance. Coming in a board near you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.