main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Mitth's Alien Gallery

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mitth_Fisto, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Great job at showing the emotion in "Just one of those days." The hand look great too! Trust me when i say that hands are not easy, you have done a superb job with them.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey, FF!! Thanks and I'll try that out next time. Speaking of the part time scribles something has been in the works since just before classess started...see it soon;)

Hi Glitbiter! Thanks for stopping by, and I couldn't draw anything else when the guy took that pose as he just emenated that he was exaughsted (probably because its a night class that he was poseing for for about two hours in 2 fifteen minute sittings and however many five minute ones with breaks) and actually had said before taking it under his breath that he wished he was somewhere else sleeping[face_tired]

Hi TOnlyJediPrincess! The hands take some practice, make that alot of practice but feet by far are the worst for me as I can't seem to do anything with them and have it turn out descent:oops:

Where here is a bit of what is in the works, I plan on also including a full back ground for the first time so it might be awhile.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Geonosian_2.jpg]

Please let me know what you think, I really appreciate it! Thanks!

3. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey, you're back!:D And let me be the first to congratulate you on your new piece! ~ The pose is awesome - both cool and scary with that weapon, and the evil look in its eyes. Your shading is a lot darker and more confident now, which really helps to define shape and build form. Nothing to critique at all, IMO - really great piece!~ :D=D=

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm with Glitbiter here: your work is taking on a whole new dimension with the bolder shading! =D= The POV is awesome (there's always something very unsettling and tense about staring down a blaster barrel: AAACK!! lol!), and the detailing in the form is wonderful so far! I'll be really looking forward to seeing how this develops (and take your time with it--good things are definitely worth waiting for! **nodding** :D )!

FF

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    he turned out really good! I love the detail and the prospective. nice job!

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Glitbitter: Thanks very much! I'm glad this hard work is paying off in ways others can see even if I'm still squimish about using dark shading[face_blush]

FF: Thanks alot, and glad your willing to wait cause your gonna:p When I finally get this ready to show again you'll really understand the delay, and any tips on walls or doors?

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it:)

Thanks everyone for commenting! Wookie hugs all around[:D] [:D] [:D]

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The grande Finale of a guardian insect!
    (If anybody has tips for smoke/fog/steam in drawings please add! Thanks a trillion:) )

Below are two different scanned images of it in case one works better then the other.

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Geonosian_5.jpg] [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Image8.jpg]

Geonosian Guard + Sun Fac in the window. Enjoy! And please let me know what you think even if you don't like it;)

8. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Hi Mitth! Great artwork you've got here, especially considering that direct-on view is the most difficult to draw. ;) Keep up the good work!

9. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    Ooh. You did very well with the angles on the Geonosian. Very nice job, Mitth!

10. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Whoa! :eek: It looks great, Mitth! As I've said before, your shading techniques are really coming along. The amount of detail in this is also very impressive.

Your second scan came out much better, btw. Though I would suggest applying the same technique with shading to the background, because of all the stunning detail you put into the figure that part looks 3D, while the background looks a bit flat. I do like the shadow underneath him (I would have forgotten!)

=D==D==D=

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    TrulyGhent - Thank you, and I am glad my practice with the direct view has been paying off. I just hope my next one comes out as well;)

Jedi_Sha - Thanks, although to be honest I don't know if I spent more time on the angles or drawing all the lines in the walkway it's flying over[face_laugh]

Glitbiter - Thank you very much! I'll make sure just to spend time on getting the second scan to work, which is thankfully the easier of the two methods, instead of messing with the other.;) Thanks also about the background, I think I might've worked on it more or may in the future but to be honest I started this drawing last fall so I just to finish the background and be done with it[face_whistling]

Well hopefully by next month I'll have another drawing done so until next time! Cool Runnings Y'all!

12. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    LOVE the geonosin! AWESOME detail there--what a piece! =D= =D=

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah, I love them!! They're a little creepy, it's awesome :)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that confronting viewpoint of the Geonosian. Right there to fire at you.

Great artwork

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, that is a very vivid pencil drawing. The angle that you choose is difficult to do, but you managed brillantly. I feel like raising up my arms and get captured by that guy immediatly.

16. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That Geonosian looks mighty scary! The full-frontal pose makes it look a little flat, but I think it's quite a good effort. Now excuse me while I duck for cover.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Nidrail: Thank you[face_blush]

NYCitygurl: Thanks, I think that was a hard part to get over in drawing all the detail was having to mentally keep the image in my mind and shifting it around. I actually creeped myself out of a couple of sessions of drawing on it and just said "Later!":p

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you very much, I hope the next one meets the muster

AzureAngel2: Thanks, I think I'ld join you in that surrender.:D

Giolon05: Thanks Gio, and stop by any time!

All of you thanks for your comments, it really helps in getting off my duff and justifying the time on more art work. Thanks!

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry for the longer then expected delay but here is my next and last update for awhile. Someone a while back suggested this and I thought I'ld give it a try.

Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, please and thank you.

Togorian
    [image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Togorian_5.jpg]
    You talkin' to me!?

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Togorian_5.jpg]
    Who's next?

19. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Good work =D= He's looking pretty intimidating, I certainly wouldn't cross this guy!~ I'm impressed, it really does look like he has fur. The only thing I would suggest is varying tone in the light and dark areas, sort of like the darker shading you used on the geonosian guard; and a bit more contrast would really make it 'pop'. :)

20. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Alright, a Togorian! *cheers* He looks thoroughly menacing. These guys are one of my favorite EU species and wish they'd show up in the films or tv series!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    First up I made a mistake:oops: No surprise there, but I posted the same image twice instead of the close up and the wide view. Oye. Appoligies and a thousand pardens but here is the wide view of what I drew...The true Who's Next?!

[image=http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Mitth_Fisto/Togorian_41.jpg]
    Who's next?!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Thanks Glitbiter. I'll make sure to keep that in mind when I go back over it, personally though I think I was more worried about pulling out my own fur if I redid the shading on it again at that moment.;)

Hi Giolon05! Welcome back, glad to see you again and glad to hear you like it. Although I did have a feeling you would[face_whistling] It really would be great if they put one in the new live action TV series, it would just totally make an episode for me at least.[face_praying]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice menacing character with that fur and blaster.

great artwork

23. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Oh yes he's looking really great now:D he's quite scary... I get an uneasy feeling from him[face_worried]

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Very nice attention to detail :) I look forward to seeing more from you :)

25. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Mitth! Great work on the Togorian--I agree with everyone else's comments: great detailing, and an appropriately intimidating rendering of this fearsome species! I like that blaster, too--looks very cool! Is this a photo? The actual piece looks quite large (like around 11x14 or something close)--is that why you couldn't scan it...? A scan would be awesome--then we could really see the details!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.