main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Mizzlewump" Rumor - Too Many Coincidences?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    And there was nothing to suggest that Luke could do telepathy, complete with a "I Am Here" sign either.

Until he did it.

Revanfan1 and ChildOfWinds like this.
  2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

So, Luke communicating across star systems is just a matter of him giving it a good try? Why would Yoda and Obi Wan bother going into hiding if Vader could have simply reached out and touched their minds no matter where they were at?

Darth_Zidious and DanielUK like this.
  3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Perhaps they were blocking him, or that dark side cave masked them? Yoda WAS able to watch Luke from Dagobah to Tatooine. (This one, a long time have I watched...). And Skywalker powers may be even greater than that.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I do not disagree that Luke could be the height of all Jedi power, but watching and/or having visions is not the same as communicating. That is a one-way tunneled-view with no receiving connection. To consider that Luke could just hail Leia from wherever that he wanted to in the galaxy just seems a bit tacky and takes away the need to find him (should the consistent rumors of him needing to be found be true).

DanielUK and Lurknomore like this.
  5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I agree. It sounds like the plot revolves around a mystery and a search for Luke, which wouldn't be necessary if he could just directly speak to Leia through telepathic communication.

However, he may be able to use the Force to drop clues and hints in dreams, or even slightly manipulate faraway objects. Like seeing to it that his friends find his saber?

TheBBP likes this.
  6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    After reading all of these rumors again, I just don't know how someone could have had the opportunity to read this script. I thought I even heard that some people only got parts that pertained to them? If that's true, security would have been pretty tight and only people at the very top should have had access to it. Has the person who posted these script rumors ever showed up again? Was he seen before he posted them? If not, could they have been a deliberate plant to throw everyone off? Most of the "leaks" since then seem to have been based on this post about the alleged script reading except for photos. It just seems to me that if they were anywhere near true, they give away almost all of the film. I would think that the film makers would have found out about the breach quite early on, and would have had them and all posts about them removed, or, they might have put out other conflicting plot points to keep everyone guessing. It just seems odd that some random guy not high in the production chain would have had access to the entire script. And someone high in the chain wouldn't have wanted to put all that information out there. Besides, what did the guy who shared the rumors gain from putting them them out there? It just seems odd.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I do think telepathic communication is something unintentionally taken too seriously; I don't think its possible to achieve it via long distances. The cut (or lost) scene from RoTJ had Vader reaching out to Luke from across the galaxy, but I'm guessing that scenes are not canon.

Those strong enough can make their presence felt through the Force (Anakin, Ventress and Luke were certainly strong enough to make their presence felt), but I think manipulating objects from a different star system is almost impossible.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    An acquaintance of mine is a runner for EpVII; he has signed confidentiality documents and is sworn to secrecy. Could not even tell me what locations he's been too whilst filming. It's that strict.

9. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

this is primarily why i don't believe the majority of rumors coming out. I think we'd see some reaction from Disney and Co.
    at least more than a couple tongue in cheek pictures from JJ if these were close to what is actually happenning

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The only "official" statements are:

1. It's an original story and unrelated to the EU
    2. J.J wants to give the Big 3 a proper send off.
    That's it.

ChildOfWinds and nalkwan like this.
  11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [face_whistling]

TheBBP likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So is Mizzlewump the new Supershadow?

13. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014

Time will tell.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well how many bogus rumors have they produced so far?

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Until he starts dating supermodels, and having lunch with JJ on a regular basis, no...

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Give it time then...

17. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014

You mean, is this one anonymous poster the source of a lot of the rumors movie bloggers have been reporting about Star Wars VII?

I doubt it. I believe these bloggers' sources are sharing set gossip, not internet gossip. Set gossip would be based on the props and costumes they or their friends have seen, the lines of dialogue they or their friends may have overheard, etc.

My question is more: How accurate is the gossip going around at Pinewood?

Also: "Mizzlewump" claimed to have read an early draft of the Abrams/Kasdan script, so if his description turns out to be completely off we'll know he wasn't just mistaken, he was lying. On the other hand, if his description turns out to be virtually spot-on, we'll know he was legit.

So time will tell.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ready our pitchforks in the meantime!

Satipo likes this.
  19. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    This Mizzewump dude reminds of the way I heard about Paul Bettany playing Vision in Age Of Ultron , except it was a guy on redddit.

I wont completely disregard or believe what he says as gospel until VII proves him wrong....Or right, you just never know sometimes.

He's already 1 for 1 as far as the Stormtrooper thing is concerned, might as well give him props for the Empire being back too.

starocean90 likes this.
  20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Han Drolo but The Empire being back was predictable.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm all for the Empire being back but in smaller form.

22. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    So predictable pretty much no one didn't wanna believe it.

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @Han Drolo
    I knew the Empire would be back the moment they announced Episode VII and people didn't want to believe because to them the Empire was defeated in Jedi and they wanted new villains.;)

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They also officially confirmed that Episode VII is to be set about 30 years after the events of ROTJ.

Han Drolo likes this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.