main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Mizzlewump" Rumor - Too Many Coincidences?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hocash

hocash Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2014
    I may not be able to stop myself from walking out of the theater if the movie has Han/Leia's kid, Lando's kid, and some other OT character's kid. Is the Star Wars universe comprised of 10 people who are important? The only kids who make sense are Luke and/or Leia's kid because they are descended from Anakin...who we know was the strongest with the Force anyone has ever measured.
    I really hope we see new characters. If the baddie is Palpatine's grandfather I'm gonna crap in my seat and just leave.
    That being said, Sio Bibble FTW!

2. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    I think it's obvious that the reason Luke's changed is because
    he did the Ice Bucket Challenge in his Jedi robes.

Seeher and Krueger like this.
  3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    So I haven't posted in this thread yet but after the recent influx of news, I remembered that Mizzlewump existed. Everything he said was posted back in March of this year. This was before the casting announcements and before principal photography began.

Bold = Mizzlewump
    The rest = My analysis

I've read the second draft of the Abrams/Kasdan script.

Keep in mind that this wouldn't be the 2nd draft of the movie. Before these two, they had Arndts drafts on Georges treatment. So it was much further along than one would initially think.

I've chosen a trip so that people can't BS in my name when trailers, other media, and the film itself confirm what I say. I won't post again until then so as not to be accused of attention whoring.

Which means he intentionally put something false in here in case other websites try to copy him, pretending they have inside information. So if he said there is a moon called Torgo with green rocks and a purple sky, and some other website eventually runs with that idea, he'd know that site is full of crap and could call them out on it.

But one also has to consider that this is supposedly from the 2nd draft of when Abrams and Kasdan took over. So things could have been tweaked afterwards and thus may not exactly line up perfectly.

Please don't read unless you want to have the film spoiled.

Too late.

Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor’s death

This makes sense in general and I don't think anyone believed she wouldn't be a high ranking good guy in these films. The only thing is this that I could see being the trip is if the term Republic isn't used. But someone could just as easily call it that even if it was still officially called the Alliance. So not much of a trip.

Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet

The trip here could be that he is very active in the Republic fleet. Or maybe as of the 2nd draft he was retired but by the 3rd draft he is just keeping a low profile. Given how he supposedly returns in TFA, it could very well be that he's retired and hovering around Tatooine with the Falcon. Han and Leia are best when they're at odds first. Him not being so involved with Rebellion/Alliance/Republic is the tail end of him first joining it. The friction makes for a better love story between the two.

Luke hasn’t been seen in nearly 30 years

Now this was a big one. Note he doesn't say he has been captured. But according to him, they were going with the idea that Luke hasn't been seen for quite some time. This was not the most common bit of speculation before last spring. It's not so much about whether he has been missing for 30 years, 20 years, or 10 years as the point is that he is missing from the scene. I don't think this was the trip. But it really goes a long way towards his credibility.

the lead character is Han and Leia’s daughter

Now plenty of people could have predicted that a next generation kid was going to be a lead, but he specifically goes for the daughter of Han and Leia. Not the son or daughter of Skywalker or the son of solo, but the daughter of han and leia. Nothing so far has contradicted this point. Of course Daisy Ridley was cast and happened to sit between Han and Leia at the script read. It could be that in the final draft they decided not to make her their kid, but either way she has some sort of dealings with Han Solo on the desert planet and is prominent.

the other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast

Now this doesn't appear to be the case right now. It could have been the trip in that Mizzle knew this not to be true and put it out there seeing if some site would bite.

Another possible explanation is that Disney, Abrams, and Kasdan were determined to finally make one of the three leads non-white. So at this point in the story, a child of Lando made sense to them. But something might have changed their mind. Perhaps they decided towards the end that they just needed one of the new three to be a next gen kid and thus this character could take a supporting role in this film. Not necessarily all three films mind you.

Or....

the other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast

MW knew one of the leads would be a stormtrooper. There was talk earlier this year about who was in the running for a male lead and it was both black and white actors. As the script evolved, they decided they didn't need the Calrissian to be a lead in this particular story because they were going with a Solo. So that left the other lead open to the possibility of not being black and might have freed them up a bit when it came to casting. John Boyega is cast as the Stormtrooper and Oscar Isaac is cast as the other lead which turned out to be a pilot.

Now that doesn't mean the Calrissian vanished. Characters can be shifted. If the Calrissian isn't breaking out of prison with the stormtrooper, he/she might be doing something else later in the movie.

Remember Maisie Richardson-Sellers? Reports from earlier this year her in the running for a big role. When the first casting announcement came, she was nowhere to be found. When Lupita and Gwendoline were cast, she was nowhere to be found. Finally Carrie Fishers assistant tweeted that he "loved his star wars girls: Carrie Fisher, Billie Lourd, and Maisie RIchardson-Sellers." So she had been cast. But what happened? Well an announcement came later that involved an actress named Crystal Clarke. I think, as some of speculated, that Crystal beat Maisie for the role. That role could have been the Calrissian. It may no longer be the lead of this particular film, but it was still an important character. It's the type of character you can sell the cover of books with as Clarkes likeness would be on them. So a potentially big score for Clarke.

dialogue for these two characters is very rough in the second draft

I don't know what this meant other than Abrams and Kasdan needed to do some work on the dialogue. His opinion I guess.

Luke has no known offspring

It's kinda funny how he worded this one. The movie at this point doesn't appear to be focusing on the children of Skywalker and that's the main takeaway, but saying he doesn't have any "known" offspring is different than saying he simply has no offspring. Was MW trying to shield us from a bigger spoiler or does Luke simply have no kids? Over the summer, speculation ran about the evil cyborg whatever being his kid, that was old concept art and not the script. Is it possible that Domhnall Gleeson is playing a spy for Luke? Of course if Gleeson is an officer and is commanded to shoot down something or kill someone at some point in his career, how does he get around that? You probably don't become a the second to someone like Driver by being kinder to rebels.

This likely wasn't the trip though.

The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic

I like how he said galaxies. That's the sort of thing an older person would say who might be working on the movie but isn't huge fanboy.

The main point here was that the Empire was still around. Before last spring, there were great debates on whether 30 years later, they would be in some sort of position of power. It seems so commonplace now as accepted fact that one forgets he was taking a big step by saying this.

The Empire is simply referred to as the “Empire,” and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the “Galactic Republic;” no “New” anywhere

There could be a trip in the wording. Maybe the good guys still go by the Alliance and not the Galactic Republic. Or maybe the Empire doesn't go by the word Empire. If it was a trip, then a draft later could have easily changed something like that though.

There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being “the last of his kind”

Now this one is tricky. If say Gleeson is the son of Skywalker in a spy role, and then reveals himself to be an apprentice, does that constitute being a Jedi? Wasn't there potential evidence on a casting site that a guy named Sam Carr was playing a Padawan?

Basically what MW was saying is that there is no Jedi Order established when we get to Episode 7. Or at least not at the start. We'll see how the rest plays out.

The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice

Immediately people who believe Plagueis is the main villain will jump on this as being the trip. But is it?

Since the summer we've had an issue with the hierarchy of the Empire. Who was running it and who was playing the character running it? A Chrometrooper Commander sure as hell wasn't and the Adam Driver character may not be much of a politician let alone have the time to be playing both a good and a bad guy if rumors are true.

The trailer had the ominous voice of Andy Serkis say "Something has awakened. Have you felt it? The dark side and the light."

When Max von Sydow was cast, there was some speculation that he'd be running the Empire with some suggesting Serkis could do so with some makeup. But when Sydows character started to get uncloaked, it wasn't looking like he had much to do with the Empire. So this bit of info remained as either false or without corroboration. Plus the concept art may have been causing some confusion with the blue alien concept art, the lightsaber, and Andys statements.

Now SWU believes they have the goods on the character. They say he looks like an old man, zombie like, and almost risen from the dead. His code name is Uber like Lupitas is Rose. He has communication with Adam Drivers "Sith" character, and a character portrayed by Domhnall Gleeson. Serkis "potentially" could be the Master pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

In their podcast they essentially made it sound like a scene from TESB where the Emperor contacts Vader. Only Gleeson is standing by him. Maybe a more accurate description would be TPM when Sidious contacts Gunray with Dofine and Haako standing there?

starocean90 points out

Uber
    having the specified property to an extreme or excessive degree; very:​
    adjective
    designating a person or thing that exceeds the norms or limits of its kind or class:​

According to reports, Max von Sydows character, Montross, seems to have been salvaged from early drafts of ANH and tweaked. Kira looks like the female concept of Luke. In fact so much of this movie seems to be design elements from McQuarrie or script ideas from Lucas.

So what about this character? As many of you know, the Emperor essentially looked like an old man, zombie like, almost risen from the dead character. He looked like a corpse. But he wasn't the only one who had that old school, night of the living dead thing going.

[​IMG]

Uber could easily be based off of one of these types of guys after 30 years. In fact, there is a character from TESB that was cut and yet said to have filmed a scene. That being the Grand Vizier, Sate Pestage. Is Lawrence Kasdan drawing from an old concept or unfulfilled character? The shooting schedule for TESB even says they filmed the role in which the Vizier, via a hologram, tells Vader the Emperor will be with him shortly. From wookiepedia, Kenner toys' Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset features a toy hologram apparently intended to be Sate Pestage. An enclosed instruction sheet reads, "Lower the hologram and have Darth(TM) communicate with the Grand Vizier(TM)."

So this could easily fit and explain how Driver comes into being. This guy isn't a Sith, but he knows enough about them. By becoming the leader of the Empire, he has exceeded his class while the dark side continues to corrupt him. He may even have holocrons of Palpatine that helped train Driver.

The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly…

This could be the trip because he adds "..." at the end. Was he hinting that the apprentice kills this guy early enough in the film or just takes control quickly? If Driver truly is the focus of this new trilogy, it would be no surprise that someone like Sate Pestage gets wiped out. He'd be a vehicle to get the ball rolling with Driver, but not necessarily the primary villain.

Of course this was also the 2nd draft of the Abrams/Kasdan edition. The character might have shifted a bit. Maybe scenes that were meant to take place earlier in the film were now bumped back to the end?

The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the “Sith Homeworld”

Fascinating. Now this could be an unknown or new planet we have yet to get word on or maybe MW is referring to Tatooine? He does say it's a neutral world. He mentions negotiations. Wasn't there concept art of Leia speaking with the Hutts? Of course he mentions a weapon. Could that be the lightsaber of Anakin and Luke?

He says it's referred to as the "Sith Homeworld" but that could be the trip. Websites that venture off and claim Moraband is in the film could be full of Sith. Perhaps MW was referencing a specific Sith. That being Darth Vader. Tatooine is the homeworld of Darth Vader.

Then again, maybe the jungle planet is the Sith Homeworld or the place where Luke has been at for so long.

Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name

Now here is where MW references something from an old script of George Lucas for TPM. Darth Ruin is a George Lucas creation. This character that Driver plays could be going with that name.

It could be the trip, but with the concept art having the name Montross on it, Kira looking like the female Luke, so much of McQuarries designs showing up, it just could be that this movie is taking from unused ideas.

It's also drawing on the lineage of the Sith which appears to be very important to Drivers character.

the ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon

This could easily be the trip. Mizzle probably knows the planet isn't the weapon but instead its the lightsaber. But maybe this is part of the movie yet to be fully explored by spoilers. It's possible that something changed from the second draft, but it would be strange if it changed from an entire planet being a weapon to just a lightsaber. You would have to do some serious revisions. Then again, we may know that Driver wants the lightsaber, but what does the Empire want? Are they just fighting the fight against the good guys while Driver is searching? The main conflict of the movie being personal in that Luke is missing or in danger with the background being the war?

Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed

There seems to be a theme going on with reports that Luke is different or changed.

I hope Mizzlewump does return with more info like he said he would.

Darth_Downunder, TK327 and Immortiss like this.
  4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    FYI, a trip is actually a secure code so that others can't impersonate him on that site: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trip+Code

5. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Oh, well then that settles that. I thought he was referencing some sort of false crap he put in there. Even better.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Still, some good speculation there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starocean90 and Han Drolo like this.
  7. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Soo... some of this stuff could intentionally mean the exact opposite of what he's saying or red herring?

8. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001

No. That was my mistake here. I didn't recognize what he was saying with the trip. I thought he was just putting something false in there to screw with any site that tries to rehash it as their own. So as it turns out, he meant what he said with all of that. The trip, as Zidious said, is just a code to protect his name. So my speculation includes a bunch of devils advocate type of lines regarding what I thought was the red herring.

Though he did word things in some ways that were potentially not overly spoilerish.

Han Drolo likes this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he was if right from 4chan not imdb.:p

HL&S likes this.
  10. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    They're both just as treacherous.

11. darth dariakus

darth dariakus Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2014
    The dreaded rumor feedback loop, where we convince ourselves of any random crap we hear on the internet because we hear it twice!

12. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    He's going to end up being vindicated for the most part. Just like jimjim.

Captain B and Satipo like this.
  13. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I wonder how "the whole planet is the weapon" might actually work. It sounds really strange. But maybe its a spiritual thing, maybe something like the Cerebro in the X-men movies?

14. Theatre of Tragedy

Theatre of Tragedy Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I have the feeling we won't be hearing from Mr Wump again.

15. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Seems plausible, and fits with other stuff now known.

I'm sure he meant solar systems, but Star Wars has three or four galaxies making up the known areas (Kamino was in another galaxy, for example).

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought more like the machine Magneto uses in X-Men 1, to give powers to regular people. But it needed a mutant to actually work.
    Perhaps, in order to bring the Sith back, they need a Force imbued object they can attach to the machine and use to empower someone/bring someone back to life.

In the Jedi Academy game, the villains were going around the galaxy to places strong in the Force to absorb the energy from them. They then went to Korriban & attempted to resurrect Marka Ragnos by transferring the energy into his tomb.

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I feel the most likely scenario is that Oscar Isaac landed the role that was intended to be a Calrissian at this point in the speculation cycle.

18. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
  19. Theatre of Tragedy

Theatre of Tragedy Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I suspect SpoilerMan came up with that after reading this report on MSW:

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/12/s...solo-princess-leia-artoo-threepios-placement/

In particular, this line:

"Princess Leia at the rebel base with Artoo and Threepio. She is not too happy about seeing Han Solo again."

This implies that they may have had an acrimonious separation at some point, but even if so, many children have parents who are no longer together, so it doesn't necessarily mean "Kira" is not their daughter.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure it all happens in the same Galaxy.

21. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    I have to agree. Even though this is an earlier script draft and changes to it are inevitable, this guy seemed to know too much info at too early a date not to have access in some form.
    He is the genesis for a great deal of the informed speculation going on. starocean90 sent me the list several days ago when I asked for it so we could check some of his assertions against the teaser and rumors that have occurred since.

I think the guy was legit. No matter what sleazy internet platform he chose to leak the info. Leakers will naturally gravitate toward reddit or 4chan, no matter how much I dislike those places.They offer the greatest anonymity. I'm certainly not going to discount what he said (and when he said) because I don't like the forum he chose to leak the information.

Leias_Left_Bun and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Possibly. There was also an anonymous IMDB poster called Plaid_Harvest who back in May said that Han and Leia were not together. Sometime later either he or IMDB deleted his account and all of his posts. If SpoilerMan had been watching all rumors closely, he would have been aware of that.

Satipo likes this.
  23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    The Han and Leia stuff is old spec as well, as is MVS being the link between Kira and Han Solo.

24. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Kamino wasn't in another galaxy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you know what a Galaxy even is? "Mizzlewump" clearly doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.