main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Mizzlewump" Rumor - Too Many Coincidences?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    You don`t think there is a risk of TFA being a rehash?

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh almost every sequel is at risk to be a rehash if the studio/writers are lazy enough.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I think that there are lots of risks, but I will see the movie first before I get all bent out of shape over something posted on the internet. The point of that post was to illustrate how fast folks like to debunk rumors then suddenly some of the same people get all scared and instantly want to believe negativity.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Based on the new rumor
    Luke hasn’t been seen in nearly 30 years
    Seems to false.:)

Luke has no known offspring
    If Gleeson is Luke's son and undercover than this is true.[face_dancing][face_party]

The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
    Seems false, as it seems the first Baddie (Apprentice) is a Sith Collector trying to resurrect an Ancient Sith Lord (Master)
    no old student of the Emperor.[face_devil]

The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly…
    Seems false, so he resurrects the villain only to kill him in the same movie, yeah don't see it (but possible in sequels).[face_nail_biting]

5. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Guess we're long past the second draft now.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well I've been saying for a while that what I doubted from MW was
    1)Sith Master/Apprentice dynamic,[face_devil]
    2)Who the New 3 are playing, character wise,;)
    3)the whole Luke being gone for 30 years,o_O
    4)Luke having no kids being false.[face_dancing]

nightangel, Darth_Bertie and Dra--- like this.
  7. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's been changed. It'd be as simple as cutting out the master character and leaving the apprentice (Kylo Ren).

Well, if the new rumors are true he got 2/3 right as far as the New 3 are concerned.

He could have been guarding that tomb for 30 years.

If Luke's son defected to the Empire, wouldn't he have gone after him instead of retreating to live in seclusion? He didn't give up on his father; why would he give up on his son?

I think Gleeson's character is the son of a "huge character" who is now deceased. It would explain why no one seems to be particularly concerned with getting him back.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well I guess Luke isn't "Father of the year" material. Like father like son, dont they say? ;)

Echo Base likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    MW said that Ruin is Palpatine's ancestor. Perhaps MW meant Sly Moore's ancestor? Ruin (in the EU) and Moore are both Umbarans.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    1)the point was I always doubted this, even when I first read MW

2)point is I always doubt it being 100% true, even when I first read MW

3)sure he guarded the tomb for 30 years,:rolleyes:
    The implication is that basically Rey and Luke go into hiding at exactly the same time for the same reason.

so Rey is 30 years old.[face_laugh]

4)With less than honorable people in the Rebel Alliance now, Gleeson’s character is tasked with hunting Finn while also on a secret mission to destroy both super weapons of the Empire and the Rebels.

How do we know he's not doing a secret mission for Luke???
    and Luke is in self-imposed exile doing a mission/task, how would he go after his son.[face_devil]

I seriously don't know why your quoting me when I bolded, what "I doubted" from MW.

11. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    yeah, using rumor to debunk another rumor.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's called the fun of speculation and seeing if this rumor is right and then comparing it to MW.[face_devil]
    Making did say that the Internet leak that seemed possibly the most likely right is MW.;)

13. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    No need to get defensive. Just pointing out why it's still not advisable to get your hopes up about Gleeson being Luke's son.

14. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Post. Of. The. Day.

Darth Claire likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh]
    Yes I know your one of the people that doesn't (never has) think Luke will have a kid, no offence.[face_dunno]
    don't worry about be me the thing about me is that I see everything as still being a possibility so I'm not attached to anything as I know it
    could easily not happen but nothing wrong with wanting it to be true.[face_dancing]

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I have just been reading that latest rumour on MakingStarWars just now. That sounds much, much, much better! Finn being a pacifist whose very refusal to fight leads him to being able to defend the people he loves [through nonviolence] sounds like a natural extension of the themes with Luke throwing away his lightsabre at the end of ROTJ. I hope this is true.

17. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Some people thought there really was something behind that "Luke has no known offspring".

It really seems it is the case. I would prefer Luke´s kid to be the lead, though.

18. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    On the idea of 'Luke saving the day in a bad way' and connecting it to the concept art, what if the only way to stop a Sith superweapon is for Luke to absorb all the dark-side somehow? And what if this was really the gambit all along-the weapon was a prison for some ancient sith's spirit, who at the end of the movie possesses luke? Setting this Sith as the main antagonist of the trilogy, holding Luke's body hostage.

Not saying this has any evidence, just an idea.

19. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I`ve asked this in the Force Awakens thread: Could a LF employee got to 4chan or reddit, for example and leak out info without getting busted?

20. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Yes. Remember the leaks from AOTC were supposedly a script "borrowed" from the set.

In fact, at the moment there is an ex-WWE employee (Mets4life I think) who every week leaks WWE stuff. Especially PPVs.

It would be easy for an employee to leak and impossible to catch.

UKS

21. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Well there still might be a student of Palps that put Kylo on the hunt for Sith artifacts to revive Serkis, we surely don't know every single cast member yet...

22. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I know that on reddit you don`t even have to have an e-mail adress to register, so there shouldn`t be a way to detect the leaker.

23. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I suspect that copies of the entire script are extremely rare, and that individual script pages have safeguards such as lines, plot points etc that are erroneous in order to make leaks traceable.

24. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Latest rumour: new SW villain is Vince McMahon

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hasn't he exploded yet? I haven't followed WWE for an age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.