main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Mizzlewump" Rumor - Too Many Coincidences?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Okay, revisiting this:

>Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor’s death

Almost check, she's the leader of the Resistance, but it's a little obvious, guessing this is not that impressive.

>Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet
    Almost check, as he is no longer in the Resistance fleet

>Luke hasn’t been seen in nearly 30 years (First rumor to state this)
    Check, Luke hasn't been seen in a while, we can't confirm 30 years, but that's pretty precise.

>the lead character is Han and Leia’s daughter (Stated before DR was cast)
    Check!!!! No, just kidding, but it could be.

>the other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast
    I think this almost checks. They changed to Poe Dameron, and he's a child of the Damerons, so the family relation to Leia is similar. I think that's Poe.

>the other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast
    Spot on. Check.

Also note how the rumours are right that there are three main leads: a woman, an ex stormtrooper, and the child of someone related to the Republic (later changed to resistance).

>Luke has no known offspring
    We don't know anything about Luke, he doesn't have anything known up to this point, really.

>The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic
    Almost check. The FO are small remnants of the empire, and this cold war seems precise.

>The Empire is simply referred to as the “Empire,” and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the “Galactic Republic;” no “New” anywhere
    Uh, not really.

>There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being “the last of his kind”
    Seems precise.

>The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
    We don't know these details, but they are two. Again, a little obvious.

>The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly…
    We don't know any of that, and doesn't really look right.

>The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the “Sith Homeworld”
    It's correct in the sense that the Resistance has a weapon.

>Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name
    No idea.

>the ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon

Spot on.

>Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed
    Who knows?

MattOrgana likes this.
  2. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    One note on Leia. I was reading the spoiler boards .PDF and they say the firing of the Starkiller targets and destroys a star system. If I'm going to fire my weapon and announce it's existence, I'm going to get my monies worth. It would make sense they would target the Republic capital. It's possible the predecessor is killed during the film leaving Leia, as Resistance leader, as the defacto boss.

MattOrgana and Force22 like this.
  3. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

You mean she could be made the leader during the movie, yes. The problem is that these rumours seem to put Republic against Empire Remnants, and it looks like the writers later changed Republic to Resistance. So, if she's leader of the Republic in these rumours, she's the leader of the resistance in the new version of the script. I think the prediction is precise, but people can say it was a lucky guess, because Leia is a sort of leader already in ESB.

MattOrgana likes this.
  4. Captain B

Oct 8, 2014
    Oh no doubt. Some of this can certainly be surmised with little effort. Bad guy and apprentice, etc. Clearly Republic and Empire were changed, etc. Just throwing that out as thought and possible evolution of an earlier draft.

Force22 likes this.
  5. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

Yes, but planet as a weapon and 3 new leads including a stormtrooper and a woman who could be Han and Leia's (of course they could have changed this later) is too precise to be coincidence.

Strongbow and MattOrgana like this.
  6. Captain B

Oct 8, 2014
    I honestly think that is obvious. No matter who this person was, this was not all randomly guessed. Some have disagreed with that statement, but being able to randomly pick these details is above any mathematical certainty. Odds don't go that high. This might not be admissible in court, but the police would consider it sufficient evidence to pursue an investigation, no doubt.

Force22 likes this.
  7. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I agree.... It seems to me that he did have some early insider info, even if not a draft script. But it's also clear a bunch of stuff changed.

8. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    So the rumors about one of the leads being Han and Leia's daughter are from before Daisy Ridley was cast?

Of course the script could have been changed, but would they cast an actress who looks so much like a possible Solo daughter and make her play Luke's daughter or just a random girl? Possible, of course, but not very likely in my opinion.

Claire1976, Captain B and Force22 like this.
  9. Captain B

Oct 8, 2014
    Without doubt. Some clear changes and some stuff too obscure to have been merely guessed at.
    Main items, like what Luke is doing? Who Rey's parents are? It will be cool to crossmatch what we are going to definitely learn from this initial leak.

Just looking at Luke, we have heard:
    1) he has gone into exile
    2) he was beaten by the KOR and captured
    3) he is guarding a Sith tomb
    4) he has gone dark
    5) he kills Han Solo
    6) He is connected to the Starkiller and can't use the Force without firing the weapon. He does in the end when he feels Han die and fires the weapon, saving the day, and causing tragic consequences.
    7) he gets a short cameo where Rey hands him the saber
    8) he is seen in a cave buried in sand

And probably fifty others. Many things to cross check when its all finally revealed.

Strongbow, Force22 and MattOrgana like this.
  10. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

Yes, and that's one of the things I argued as evidence for Rey being Han and Leia's, but then people say nah, they changed the script.
    Or no way, because Rey was cast without consideration to race...
    But really,Daisy has the right look to be Han and Leia's, so I'd assume that was taken in consideration in the casting process, or else it's an insane coincidence.

MattOrgana likes this.
  11. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I think Ruin became Ren.

Krueger, MattOrgana and Force22 like this.
  12. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

Spot on. And the apprentice goes by the name Ren.

13. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I think JJ and Kasdan maintained much of the structure of Arndt's script. They may have changed the plot a little and some details (Leia became leader of the Resistance, not of the New Republic; Ruin became Ren; the Calrissian child became Poe Dameron, probably after Boyega was cast as the stormtrooper).

On the other hand, Luke is still missing, Han is a retired veteran (at least he doesn't seem to be working for the New Republic or the Resistance), the Dark side Force-user and his apprentice are clearly Snoke and Kylo, the Empire still exists as the First Order. I see no reason to suppose the lead is not Han and Leia's daughter, so I'm still convinced Rey is a Solo.

Force22 likes this.
  14. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

But the argument is that the script was changed. They changed Poe's parentage, for instance (although if you think about it, the dynamic with Leia and his role in the Resistance remain pretty similar). They could have changed Rey's parentage as well. Although, yes, that would be a major change and change a lot of the story. Still, it is not impossible.

I think we need to revisit this rumours again in a few days. I'd love for instance to see Luke saving the day. And I'm hoping he's changed, because I want to see a reason why they are not showing his pictures other than the fact he might not appear that much in the film.

If this is correct, Snoke (Ruin in the rumours) would be an ancestor of Palpatine, which unfortunately, does not dismiss the theory that Snoke is Plagueis...

MattOrgana likes this.
  15. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Could have been JJ himself, doesn't matter now since the movie is almost out and no one paid much attention.

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Clearly, he knew some things. And didn't know others. Or knew things about old versions of things. Some of which survived into the new.

TK327 likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is it safe to say that a lot of his "rumours" were from Lucas and Arndt's version?

Seeher and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  18. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    That's what I think.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    If that's the case (and I really think it is), there's clearly going to be a fair amount of Lucas and Arndt present in the film. TBH, the story developmental process has been pretty standard and is no different from any other film, including all the other SW films.

Force22 likes this.
  20. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Yup. And JJ has explicitly said that he maintained key elements from the Arndt script (including the characters Rey and Finn as they currently exist), despite Kasdan wanting to start completely from scratch. So, some Lucas and Arndt DNA is almost definitely in the story.

Krueger likes this.
  21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    He claims, at least, that he read the Abrams/Kasdan draft.

22. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't know, to me, it just seems earlier than that.

Regarding the characters, I think it’s pretty obvious that Poe Dameron was originally Lando's kid. A lot of us have been saying for ages that the Rey and Finn characters, as well as the lost lightsaber and the Luke angle, just seem like pure Lucas.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  23. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    These are similar rumors I read awhile ago that also pointed at Hux being Luke's son deep undercover trying to destroy both the FO and Resistance.

24. Force22

Mar 2, 2013

Hux doesn't seem to exist in this version. It would be cool if Hux was Luke's son, except it looks like he dies in this movie. Also, to have both Kylo and Hux as legacy characters would be too similar.

As for Luke's children, I think it's interesting that the rumour says "no known children". So perhaps the idea was to have a surprise later on. I still think that might be the case.

25. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I can see Hux/Ben being a prisoner of Benicio Del Toro's Thrawn in EPVIII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.