main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MM: Brooke Stone's Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Brooke_Stone, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooke_Stone

Brooke_Stone Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    On the same morning as A Murder Mystery: The Beginning, but a few hours later:

I awake with a luxurious yawn, knowing instincively that I am the last one to awake... the last one by a long shot. All my life I've been a champion at sleeping in. I can outdo all of my old highschool friends, even Noel. I possess a rare ability to simply sleep and sleep until sometime in the afternoon, provided I've stayed up late and partied the night before. It's also nice because if I were going to have a hangover... I slept through it. So now I'm just completely rested, completely comfortable, and ready to get up and enjoy another wonderful day at epic's awesome mansion with my old friends.

And yet, I'm not ready to stop being lazy. I think, in fact, that I'm now going to get up and go straight to hot tub and luxuriate awhile longer. I mean, I am on vacation, right? And doubtless some of my friends will be there too. Yes, I'm off to the hot tub...

2. Melody_Entropy

Melody_Entropy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    *knocks on the door*

Is anyone in here? Brooke, are you awake yet? I thought I heard something...

3. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    //Comes running into the room, having just come from the hot tub, and throws myself on the bed, crying.

I can't believe this. How can this be happening? I do not need this right now. My life has been bad enough without this. I can't help remembering everything...

Oddly enough, I was maybe the only girl in my class that didn't have a mad crush on epic at one time or another. Okay, truthfully, I fell for him a little back in 10th grade, but I was too shy to do anything about it, and by the time we were seniors I was over it and he and I had become friends. Friends for life. After our graduation, I sort of drifted, not knowing quite what to do with my life. He never actually supported me, but he did lend me money a couple of times (which I paid back), and was always there for me to talk to. Oh god, I can't believe he's gone! Anyway, when I'd been out of school a couple of years I met this son of a bitch, Jeff. He was real nice for a few months and asked me to marry him. We got married, but when, two years later, I told him I was pregnant, he split. I never heard from him again. Epic was still there for me. He was around when I did become a single mother (I've never really believed in abortion or anything) and in fact was the godfather to my son, Brandon. Brandon is soon going to turn five years old. I left him with a friend when I came to this reunion.

But epic was always such a friend to me! I can't believe he's dead, I can't believe it. I don't know who would want him dead, or why! He was one of the nicest people I knew! All of these people here were my friends, and I don't know how any of them could have done that! I know some of them resented epic, or were jealous of each other over him, or whatever, but they're my friends! None of them are murderers! Especially of people who host parties for them! How could this happen?

//Disolves back into tears of shock and unbelief and grief.

4. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    //Answers door.

Melody, how could this happen? :_|

5. Melody_Entropy

Jul 17, 2002
    It's okay, Brooke... everything will be alright. I know epic wouldn't want to see us like this, he was always such a soldier. We should put our heads together and try to find out who did this. It's the least we can do for him...

6. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    I know, thanks Melody. *sniff*

I just need to get a grip. It's very sudden...

//suddenly laughs through her tears...

Maybe I shouldn't sleep in so long! :) :(

I think I'm okay now. I just need to think... You know... let it kind of soak in. I'm still in shock.

7. Holly_Wood

Holly_Wood Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    //reluctantly knocks on door

Hello? Brooke, darling, it's Holly....

//taps fingers impatiently.

I know you're in there, open this door!

8. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    //Opens door.

Hello, Holly. I'm kind of disheveled... I can't believe what happened! Who would want to kill epic?!

9. Holly_Wood

Holly_Wood Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Brooke, this is terrible! My dear epic...

Oh, hello Melody. I suppose you should hear this too.

Have you two noticed Crystal's behaviour? That little demon is contenting herself about his death!! Honestly, if our dear Detective hasn't noticed it, I would have to question is "natural talent..." Although, I do know for a fact that in certain areas, he is quite talented....

//snaps back to reality

But! I might recommend you keep a keen eye on her! Who knows what she plans to do next! Be alert! I'd hate to see you two dears put in harm's way...

Don't look at me like that! What? Of course I'm fond of you, where ever would you get the impression I wasn't? Honestly!

Alright ladies, keep an eye out! I shall call upon you later.

10. Melody_Entropy

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm glad that unpleasantness is behind us forever. :p

Don't you think that was a bit, surreal, Brooke? Though, I do admit... although Holly's argument may be a little too adament, she's right about Crystal. I swear I heard peals of giggles coming from her room last night. That's just not right! I don't care how much you dislike someone.

Well, I think I'm going to go for a walk. I come in and check on you later, to make sure you're holding up. Be brave!

11. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    Yes... I'm a bit suspicious of Crystal just on general terms. I never really trusted her.

Bye, Melody, and thanks!

12. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    //Wakes up after another long, depressed, sleep.

I still can't believe this happened, but I've been out of it too long. If someone doesn't come and fill me in soon, I'll have to go wander the house and see if someone can tell me what's up. I wonder if they've found the killer yet? I hope so. It doesn't feel safe knowing there's a killer in our midst...

13. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Detective_Noel_Cesar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    //knocks three times

14. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    //Composes herself a moment, then opens the door.

Noel! How nice to see you. Have you found the killer yet?

15. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Perhaps, perhaps...

//walks in with his hands on his back

Mind if I ask you some questions, Brooke?

16. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    Of course I don't mind!

Anything I can do to help!

I can't believe this happened, and I don't think any of us can feel safe until the killer is found.

17. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Hm, yes.

//checks the pens on the table, with his back to Brooke

You know, Brooke, I've done a little research. One of the facts I came across, is that epic -- the late epic -- seems to have known your son quite well.

18. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    Yes. Jeff, my ex-husband, left me when I told him I was pregnant. He never wanted kids and I refused to get an abortion. Epic was still around, still a good friend. He gave me moral support and a little financial help, and he became the godfather of my son, Brandon. He wanted to make sure that Brandon wouldn't be left out on the street if something happened to me.

19. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    //nods

Are you aware of epic's... money-lending habits?

20. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    What do you mean? You mean how he refused to lend money to Crystal and Melody and some of the others? Of course that's because they weren't even friends of his. They just wanted to get in bed with him back in highschool, and they've just envied and hated and fought him and each other ever since. Could you really expect him to lend them any money? I mean, what would you do if someone chased you and yet hated you all through school, then a few years later, contacted you for the first time in years to ask for money? Of course he refused them!

21. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Were you good friends with epic?

22. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    Yes, we were good friends. I somehow managed to get my mandatory crush on him early, in 10th grade, so by 12th I was over it and we were friends. And we've been friends ever since. Unlike the rest of you I've actually kept in contact with him since highschool. He's been there for me in all my low times in life. Yes, we were very good friends...

//Starts to tear up a little, swallows hard and manages not to break down.

23. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    //puts the bag with stolen items on the table

We know, Brooke, that epic had quite a few valuable possessions. His wealth never ceased to attract hangers-on, leeches, profiteers, and that ilk.

Do you have any idea about the heir to his will? Do you know who that person is? He or she will certainly gain some extra pocket money.

24. Brooke_Stone

Jul 18, 2002
    I don't think he had one heir to everything. He had his will divided up among various charities and various friends and relatives. Real friends that is. I'm afraid most of the people here aren't going to get anything...

//Looks meaningfully and half glares at Noel and at the world in general.

Oh, as godfather he did have a reasonably large amount that would go to my son. Of course, since he'll be a minor for awhile I guess I'll get that... I could use the money... But I think I'd rather have epic back...

//Trails off and looks away.

25. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Yes. Naturally.

//walks around the room, rubs his chin

What will you do with the money? Have you made any plans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.