main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MM: Fast Eddie's Room

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Fast_Eddie, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast_Eddie

Fast_Eddie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    Alright, so here it is. Yeah you know me, I'm the guy with the bad reputation, the kid from the wrong side of the tracks, the one who you don't dare look at funny and if you're smart you don't look at him at all.

But here's the thing... I'm really not a bad guy. I've just been dealt a rotten hand, who knows... a few more breaks go my way and maybe my life wouldn't have been so hard.

Now epic, epic was real cool. Back in high school, he was the one guy who seemed to understand me, and it was real weird because his life was the exact opposite of mine. That kid was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and maybe that's why he wasn't afraid of me, maybe that's why I intrigued him so much. Who knows? What I do know is that after high school everything changed. We drifted apart, and I mostly just drifted. Epic would still loan me a few bucks once in a while if I was in a real tight spot, but we rarely saw each other, and more and more I found myself doing time... mostly small-time stuff, a few months here for shoplifting, a few more there for possession, no big thing but those little things are more than a minor inconvenience.

Anyway, about two years ago everything changed. In my most desperate hour I held up a 7-11. My gun wasn't even loaded, the last thing I expected was for the clerk to go all John Wayne on me. The bastard shot me in the leg, and the next thing I know I'm doing 18 months.

Now that was hard time, and when I got out I really needed some help getting back on my feet. So I called epic. I only needed a few hundred bucks to get a start and I swore I was going clean. And this time I meant it... I would have paid the bastard back. Well, as you've probably figured he said "No", turned me down at my lowest point.

No matter, I got back on my feet anyway with no help from him. Now I'm an honest business man, running my own legitimate night club...

[image=http://www2.grand-forks.k12.nd.us/schools/twining/8thgrade_webpages/fasteddies/images/fast.gif]

And I never expected to hear from epic again. But then this reunion thing comes up and what does the bastard do? He invites me to come stay with him. I was going to turn him down, but I figured "What the hell? He won't be the only one there, it would be good to catch up with some of the guys, heck I won't even have to talk to epic".

Well it looks like I'm in a tough spot now...

2. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    //Enters room, sits on bed, drink in hand...

They all think it was me, I can tell. Guess a guy really can't leave his past behind him...

3. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Another day, another headache...

What to do? Think Eddie, think! I could make a run for it, try to get out of here, slip away without anyone noticing... Nah, too risky. Besides if they already think I did it now, imagine what they would think if I ran away. Hmmm, being locked up alone in my room probably doesn't look too good either. Better go get a drink...

4. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Man these girls are driving me crazy. If I have to be witness to one more cat fight I think I really am going to lose it.

5. Holly_Wood

Holly_Wood Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    //knocks on door

Eddie, darling, are you in?

6. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    //Opens door

Oh hi Holly, what is it?

7. Holly_Wood

Holly_Wood Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    //whisks by him and with a peer up and down the hall way outide, closes the door.

Eddie! I'm so terrified!

//throws herself around his body

I can't eat! I can't sleep! The effect this is having on my poor nerves!

Hold me! Just for a moment, please. I need to feel safe again.

//Eddie holds Holly

Dearest, I'm sure this is taking a toll on you as well, but I believe our brave Detective should have this sorted and done with any time now.

//still being held by Eddie, Holly looks deep in Eddie's eyes....

I mean, of course, it's so obvious to both of us who the killer is, isn't it?

//Eddie abruptly lets go of Holly and turns the other way

//Holly walks up to him and leans near his ear

It's Crystal, of course, dear. Oh, there, you look just as relieved as I did when I figured it out.

I wanted to tell you, so keep a keen eye on her, will you?

//kisses Eddie softly on his cheek

Indeed, I have missed you.... I'm sorry, I must retire. Perhaps we'll have a drink later? Good bye and don't forget. All eyes on Crystal.

8. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Well bye then

//After she's gone...

Very strange... that was just a little too much, I wonder why she's laying it on so thick. She's right about Crystal acting strangely, but I get the feeling that she knows or at least suspects something else that she's not telling me. I really wonder if epic left a will, I would be very curious to see what it said.

Where the hell is Noel?

9. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Detective_Noel_Cesar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    //knocks three times

10. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Who's there?

11. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Open the door, Eddie.

12. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh Noel, thank goodness it's you, i was wondering where you were...

//Opens door and lets Noel in

...so, have you found anything out?

13. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Perhaps, perhaps...

I might find something out right now. You never know.

//takes off his coat

Listen, Eddie. And be honest. Would you ever suffer jail time for someone else's crime if you were paid a huge sum of money?

14. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    No, of course not!

Besides, I've already got too many strikes against me to take a fall for somebody else.

What are you getting at?

15. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Never mind.

Tell me, where were you yesterday night, Eddie?

16. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    I was alone in my room the whole night. I believe that I went to bed around eleven o'clock. I had a few drinks so I'm not entirely sure about the time.

17. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    I see.

Are you still shocked, Ed? I always had the impression you and epic weren't the best of friends.

18. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    We did have a falling out of sorts. Our friendship's never really been the same since high school, and he turned his back on me when I was at a really low point.

But you have to put your past behind you, that's what I always say. That's some advice you should probably take to heart Noel, from what I hear your track record as a detective hasn't been exactly top notch.

Still, it's hard to believe you haven't solved a single case.

19. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Tut, tut, Ed. Easy now. Feeling a bit uptight?

You've got good reason to. Despite your constant and, I must add, rather comic denials and your "a-man-must-put-his-past-behind-him" mantra, you're the little rascal here.

I presume you've visited the church down the road and confessed all your past sins before you got here yesterday?

20. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Hey, like i said, what's in the past is just that. I know I've made mistakes, and I've had a few tough breaks. But that's all over now. Really, my life has never been better.

In fact, I was thinking that as I looked up at the stars, in the pool at midnight... I'm just thankful that I've finally had a stretch of good luck. I guess maybe my life's not cursed after all.

21. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh, you shouldn't blame God or some voodoo priest for your own faults, Ed. The only person who's cursing your life, is you.

What were you doing in the pool around midnight? Sleeping? You told me you went to bed around eleven o'clock. Is the pool your bed?

And apparently, you're still pretty much in touch with the stinking cesspool that you like to pretend you've left behind -- how else could you say "from what I hear" when bringing up the subject of my career?

It's comic blunders like that that force me to keep a good eye on you, Eddie.

22. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Well, I did go to bed around eleven but I couldn't sleep. Like I said, I had a few drinks and my head was spinning. I decided to go for a swim and sober up a bit. I don't know why I didn't tell you that, I guess I just get the feeling that everybody suspects me automatically.

As for how I know about your not-so-illustrious career, remember I was in the joint only six months ago. And yeah sure, some of the old gang come around the nightclub now and then, but I'm legit now, those guys are just old friends, no longer partners.

23. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm sure you sometimes do favours for your friends, like they would do for you, Ed.

//takes his coat

But I know enough for now. I'll probably come back when you are in a, let's say, more reliable mood.

24. Fast_Eddie

Jul 17, 2002
    Alright Noel, but you're really barking up the wrong tree. If you want my advice I think you should keep a close eye on Holly and Crystal. Those two have been acting mighty strange.

//Opens the door and let's Noel out

I'll see you around. If you need any help just ask.

25. Detective_Noel_Cesar

Jul 17, 2002
    Yes.

//turns around

One last thing, Ed. That gun in your closet -- an old friend or a partner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.