main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga MMM Challenge-Future Dream-OC's, one shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leiamoody, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: Future Dream
    Author: leiamoody
    Timeframe: 2.5 ABY
    Characters: Josym Di'sallach, Palai Cerunna (OCs)
    Genre: Romantic mush with a side of prophetic dreaming used for dramatic purposes. Oh, and it's a one shot.
    Notes: This was written for the Monday Mush Challenge. The OC's in this piece come from a larger work called Moonwater Perfume. This piece is a rewrite of one I wrote about six years ago for another TF.N challenge.
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars, that belongs to Disney now. I'm not making any money off this fic either, so if you feel like your time was wasted by reading it, suing me for compensation for that lost time won't work because I ain't got no money.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Want to know about the dream I had last night?” Josym was propped up on his left elbow. Dawn's half-light came in the window, providing illumination for the young woman who neared the bed carrying two cups of tea.

Palai set the cups on a nearby floating tray. “Another good one?”

“Definitely. It was about us.”

Palai sat in the empty spot normally occupied by her on the bed. “You got inspired by...” she reached out to muss up the young man's already jumbled hair “....everything we did before your dream.”

“Maybe.”

“Either you did or you're just making something up.”

Joysm reached out to brush his fingers along the shoulder exposed by the strap of her nightgown. “I had a dream about our future.”

“Really?”

“Certain sure.”

“But nobody can see the future.”

“I like to think of it as a preview of coming attractions.”

“What does that mean?”

“I saw us with a baby.”

She frowned. “Certainly not on Deiu.”

“On a beach planet.”

“Unlikely!”

“Why?”

“You know, I know, the universe knows.”

“We've had this discussion before. Aren't we supposed to liberate ourselves from the old ways?”

“I'm your property.”

“I love you. There's no way I'm casting you aside.”

Palai smiled. “You always have faith.”

“Let me give you some proof.”

“By playing your dream back on the vid?”

“No, by using the holomap.”

Palai reached for one of the tea cups on the floating tray and took a quick sip. “Seriously?”

“Let me get the mini-projector.” Josym got off the bed then stepped over to a large armoire. He opened the top drawer, reached in, and plucked out a little silver orb.

Palai set her cup back on the tray. “What are you doing with a mini-projector?”

Joysm turned around with the orb held between his thumb and index finger. “A little present from Uncle Arcadin. Something to keep me amused.” He tossed the orb up then caught it in his palm. “I like to explore different parts of the galaxy using the projector.”

She tucked her knees under her chin. “Some cozy little corner to find your destiny.”

He leapt onto the bed. “Our destiny.”

Palai shrugged. “Show me where this beach planet might be.”

“How about where it really is instead?” He placed the silver orb into a black aurichalcum holder on the bedside table. The holder buzzed, the orb glowed, and this union produced a three-dimensional holographic map which stretched before them. “It's over there in the Inner Rim.” He called out, “Focus on Vouroso.” A deep blue planet covered with brilliant green landmasses came into view, illuminated by the holographic light. “That's where it will happen.”

Palai narrowed her eyes. “How do we get there?”

“I have no idea.”

“So the dream gave you no clear details.”

“Useful trivia. Like we're together.”

Palai laid back on the piled-up pillows. “Tell me what comes next.”

Joysm nodded. “Okay, let me start with the scenery.” He settled against Palai. “Of course it was night, and the stars were glowing—” He interrupted the description of the scenery to call out “Show the moons.” Twin pearl gray moons and their names appeared on the screen: “Kios” was the the slightly larger lunar body, “Anousa” was the smaller follower of its sibling while in orbit.

“This seems lovely so far.”

“It was magnificent. I was up on the roof in a hammock—”

“You left me alone in bed?”

“Maybe you were asleep and I decided not to disturb you.”

Palai shrugged. “Point conceded.”

“May I continue?”

“Go ahead.”

“Okay, the stars and moons were out, I was in the hammock, and you came up to join us.”

“Us?”

“I was holding the baby.”

“Oh, that part still seems so bizarre.”

“I know. But she was awfully cute.”

“A girl.”

“With black hair and blue eyes. Two of our best features combined into one little being.”

Palai bit her lip. The possibility of a shared future including a theoretical child was hard to imagine. So much of their lives were uncertain; he was off world attending university but was also heir to one of the oldest aristocratic house on their home world of Deiu. She was a courtesan given to him as a birthday present. They wanted a shared future somewhere else where they could be free to live as a couple on equal terms. “What happened next?”

“You climbed into the hammock with us. We fell asleep right underneath the stars. Then I woke up.”

Palai stared at the holographic reproductions of a place she might never see in person. The vision was a dream forever or reality eventually. Only time could reveal the ultimate truth. “I guess we'll have to be content with possibilities.”

“But that's fine.” Josym was calm. “Encouraging, I might dare to say.”

Palai closed her eyes. “Maybe there is hope.”

It was Josym who got in the last word. “Absolutely.”

2. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    This story was fun to read aloud, with bad British sitcom accents for the characters. I could picture it quite well that way.

4. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    One of the characters is supposed to have a British accent, although not a bad sitcom one. :p

Maybe it does come across as over-the-top and rather silly, but it was meant to be relatively serious.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, it's not that it was over-the-top or silly, and I read it very seriously. It was still an enjoyable read.

6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    This is a nice, quiet moment. Between TrakNar's comment on TV accents and the mention of the ocean planet, something makes me see the scene in a blue light filter.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This was very nice. I have to read "Moonwater Perfume" now.

... well not right now, because it's time to go to bed. LOL

8. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    @Kahara-This story probably could be filmed with a blue tinted filter! Since it's an early morning scene, that would probably look interesting.

@Alexis_Wingstar-Thank you.

Thanks for the reviews, guys. It was awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.